First Page 2 3 ... 180 181 182 ... 201 202 203
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-10-06 17:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Meghanada +2 provides several BiS pieces for different jobs too. The +2 versions offered enough of an improvement to make some of them very good. I'm hoping that the same will hold true for the other half of the ambuscade gear.

Yeah, I use 4/5 Meg+2 pieces as BiS gear for various purposes, mostly on RNG and COR. Head & body are great for ranged crit setups, excellent WS hands for multiple jobs, feet are BiS snapshot gear. The other sets all have their useful pieces too: Inyanga Meva/Macc stuff, Hizamaru WS legs, Jhakri refresh body, etc.

Since there are already some of the "second" +1 sets with BiS or top tier pieces, those stand to be strengthened even further. Even if a +2 bump doesn't turn a lot of previously unused pieces into contenders, there's enough here to be interesting.

Flamma: head is already fantastic at +1, so any improvement will be a bonus. An improvement might pull Feet up to being a top TP piece, and maybe hands (for non-SAM) and legs could become more viable at least situationally.

Tali'ah: I only have a PUP perspective here, but that's another set with several pieces that already have good use and would just be getting better. Body is already one of the best PUP master TP pieces and head is a very good hybrid (master+puppet) TP piece. Legs are nice for pet DT-. Feet have use in some pet TP sets (mainly for the large chunk of pet haste/acc).

Mummu: IDK if any of this stuff will become great with +2 versions, other than the existing +1 pieces with niche uses like DT- legs and Macc gear for NIN/COR/DNC (ninjutsu, quick draw, violent flourish). Maybe a +2 attribute bump could make some of this stuff top tier crit WS gear for MNK?

Ayanmo: Guess I'll leave this one to the people who know the jobs better. I use some as TP pieces on my not-at-all-optimized WHM RDM mule though (body/head, IIRC)!

Mallquis: um... aside from DT body, this set's still kinda bad, right? I guess it's pretty decent for low tier free nukes if you ever find a need for that (though that seems less likely in modern highly MB-focused mage setups).
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-06 17:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Mallquis: um... aside from DT body, this set's still kinda bad, right? I guess it's pretty decent for low tier free nukes if you ever find a need for that (though that seems less likely in modern highly MB-focused mage setups).

Though I sorta agree, with the right build it can enhance Helix damage non MB, wont break the game or anything but maybe an extra 500~1k. So unless you have a massive Helix set already, its a decent mid tier with other mixed in. Still like the whole Bursting Helix 2 for 10~25k depending on Rayke/gambit and buffs.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-06 17:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Mummu could be pretty good in a ranged set up as well. Head and feet are likely out of the question.

But body is 8 crit hit rate and 5 store tp is already close to Meg's 6 crit dmg. Hands if they get anymore crit should be at least equal to Kote. Legs right now are pretty much even rate to dmg trade but a lot more racc.

Ayanmo body I already use for run tp but a few other pieces could possible be used in a more hybrid set.

I like Tali'ah just for the ridiculous amounts of pet acc/racc/macc all in one piece. At the very least decent to sub for ready/before auto ws if acc is a concern. Also been trying to play around with them to try and help land both the physical and additional effects of some moves as some are already decently accurate
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-10-06 19:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Mummu could be pretty good in a ranged set up as well. Head and feet are likely out of the question.

But body is 8 crit hit rate and 5 store tp is already close to Meg's 6 crit dmg. Hands if they get anymore crit should be at least equal to Kote. Legs right now are pretty much even rate to dmg trade but a lot more racc.

Eh... maybe. Mummu is hurt a little bit there just because the Meghanada+2 set is so good for ranged. Mummu would be niche at best for crit-heavy applications.

For body, crit DMG will prob still win out, especially as a crit ranged build tends to be more useful for something like an Empy aftermath (ODT) up set, where crit dmg really pulls away on those triple damage procs. (and, for non-Empy/crit-focused applications, it's going to be tough to justify anything over AF+3 RNG COR bodies, or Oshosi for Double Shot up RNG sets, or Nisroch for the handful of people who own that)

Similarly for legs, I have a hard time seeing a practical situation where Mummu+2 crit rate would beat choosing Darraigner's Brais for crit damage (unless maybe your crit set needs more Racc that the Brais don't supply).

I feel like hands might be the most realistic choice for ranged sets... a +2 buff could be enough to overtake Kobo Kote for a crit set, and the +1s are already a pretty good piece for anyone without Kobo. Guess we'll have to see!
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-06 19:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ayanmo +2 is gonna be great. The +1 is already a pretty good and accessible set to deploy in acc sets for mage jobs. Body specificlaly can arguably be considered BiS even outside of this niche.
It also has considerably high DEX values compared to the majority of pieces those jobs get for those 5 slots.

The only "problem" with Ayanmo is that using head/hands/feet have low haste values, especially true for head.
This is "compensated" by using the legs with their 9% haste.
Which kinda skews you into using the legs if you also wanna use the head (unless you want to use a haste belt instead of, say, Windbuffet+1)

The other secondary issue I personally have with Ayanmo is that it "wastes" one of the potential stats it gives for "magic accuracy" which is all good and everything but it's useless for a DD set.
Would've liked having Attack+ in place of that Macc+ if you ask me.
By cuddlyhamster 2017-10-06 20:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

any speculations on set bonuses?

i am also interested on potential set rings
tali'ah be a terrible varar ring or ayanmo be a terrible moonbeam ring
By clearlyamule 2017-10-06 21:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Eh... maybe. Mummu is hurt a little bit there just because the Meghanada+2 set is so good for ranged. Mummu would be niche at best for crit-heavy applications.

For body, crit DMG will prob still win out, especially as a crit ranged build tends to be more useful for something like an Empy aftermath (ODT) up set, where crit dmg really pulls away on those triple damage procs. (and, for non-Empy/crit-focused applications, it's going to be tough to justify anything over AF+3 RNG COR bodies, or Oshosi for Double Shot up RNG sets, or Nisroch for the handful of people who own that)

Similarly for legs, I have a hard time seeing a practical situation where Mummu+2 crit rate would beat choosing Darraigner's Brais for crit damage (unless maybe your crit set needs more Racc that the Brais don't supply).

I feel like hands might be the most realistic choice for ranged sets... a +2 buff could be enough to overtake Kobo Kote for a crit set, and the +1s are already a pretty good piece for anyone without Kobo. Guess we'll have to see!
Oh yeah I meant just for crit builds. That said seems some of your judgment is more about seeing big numbers than averages as ODD will have zero effect on which one will increase dmg more or less on average. Remember even without any gear the difference between a crit and non crit is ginormous (literally almost double dmg).

And crit dmg is great but so is actually critting lol. Suppose it depends exactly what you're rate is. But some quick math assuming only changes in rates and dmgs (though Mummu should gain even more agi since it already had 1 more at +1).

Going with the gandiva set recently posted we get +34% crit dmg (counting the dead aim as just crit dmg for this) and +31% rate. Full jpd rng gets 53% dead aim. Player base rate is 5% plus another 5% from merits and at least according to bg wiki dagi/10 given stats of apex I'd say 10% crit rate from dagi is a good number to use and then of course 20% from camouflage. Brings us to 87% crit dmg and 71% rate.

Given that crits only give a *1.25 boost to pdif and whatever crit dmg bonus you have we can just figure out percent gain on average compared to no crits.

So .29+.71*1.25*1.87= 1.95

Now swap out body and assume a 1% boost in rate on +2(so go to 81% crit dmg but 80% rate) it would be .2+.8*1.25*1.81 = 2.01. that said forgot Nisroch so yeah get in the sweet spot and rock that instead lol.

Similar swapping legs but still wearing body again assuming a 1% boost from +2 (now 81% crit dmg 78% rate) it would be .22+.78*1.25*1.81 = 1.98. Should not that legs already have a decent bit more agi too

So both would lower your big numbers but raise your average. Note greatly increase rate would shift things more towards dmg obviously... like thfs roll would overcap you maybe impact. Likewise camo down would shift things even more towards rate.

Gloves are a lot easier though. As is right now Kobo has 22 more agi and 1 less pure rate. Just 2 more agi and 1% more rate would be them dead even on total rate gain while Mummu would have a tiny bit more racc but no subtle blow. Str too I guess

Super side note could probably consider using nefarious collar
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-06 22:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Subtle Blow or Regen on Flamma, watch lol. I just want to upgrade Flamma to +2, that ***is super useful.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-10-06 23:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Tali'ah: I only have a PUP perspective here, but that's another set with several pieces that already have good use and would just be getting better. Body is already one of the best PUP master TP pieces and head is a very good hybrid (master+puppet) TP piece. Legs are nice for pet DT-. Feet have use in some pet TP sets (mainly for the large chunk of pet haste/acc).

SMN perspective here but i think the Omen +3 pieces should outclasses Tali'ah on Pet ACC/M.ACC. I hope they don't double down on those same stats on Tali'ah +2 because it would devalue the omen pieces but also just be a waste of an upgrade.

The Pet ACC/M.ACC values will go up no doubt, but might be interesting if they go with an interesting pet buffing set bonus, like pet regen, or pet dt down

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By metaking 2017-10-08 02:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

this would probably get some serious war rage but i want Ayanmo +2 set effect to be retaliation >.>
By tyalangan 2017-10-12 14:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sholin @ BG found new strings in FFXImain.dll displaying four new zones:

Quote:
4 new zones total, Dynamis - Jeuno, Bastok, San d'Oria, and Windurst [D]
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-12 14:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Must be relic +2/3, will probably require a -2/-3 armor pieces and some currencies. Sounds interesting.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-12 14:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-12 15:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »

Quote:

That's a nope. Hard pass on iDynamis.

Get ready for iAbyssea. iVoidwatch. SalvageV3
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-10-12 15:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

House of death returns
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-12 15:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, it sounds fun.

I hope they do this. Just imagine the crying of people jacking zones to farm gears again!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-10-12 16:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Mega Dynamis Lord. iLvl 149. Need 10 drops to complete a relic to next stage, making it effectively ilvl 125
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-10-12 17:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Mega Dynamis Lord. iLvl 149. Need 10 drops to complete a relic to next stage, making it effectively ilvl 125

If they can work the amazing Remix of the Shadow Lord theme into the new DL fight, it would be most excellent.

The file is already in FFXI as part of the FFRecordKeeper x FFXI crossover event last year, though since North America is 6 months behind Japan in the FFRK mobile game, we only got the shadow lord event in the spring
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-12 17:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm excited about iDynamis. Old dynamis was a garbage event in regards to effort/reward but it was fun because of the social aspect. Right now we have Omen (best when done with fewer people) and Ambuscade (6 people max.) It's good to mix it up once in a while. I'm hoping they dish out appropriate amounts of reward this time around although given grind level of Omen and the last shield upgrade, I don't have high hopes.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-10-12 17:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm excited about iDynamis. Old dynamis was a garbage event in regards to effort/reward but it was fun because of the social aspect. Right now we have Omen (best when done with fewer people) and Ambuscade (6 people max.) It's good to mix it up once in a while.
My only concern is party scaling. I hope they don't overthink it and imagine alliances as a thing again.

Or they may want that to limit congestion. We'll see
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2017-10-12 17:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Quote:

I'd honestly rather they just boost old content to iLVL and make it all relevant again than sit here waiting for a monthly square room with dumbass NMS in it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-10-12 17:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said: »

Quote:

I'd honestly rather they just boost old content to iLVL and make it all relevant again than sit here waiting for a monthly square room with dumbass NMS in it.

This is sort of what they are doing (if the findings are correct). Similar to how there are separate battlefields for the hard mode mission battles, the new ilvl dynamis cannot just be straight up upgrading current zones or a whole bunch of people not wishing to participate in it won't have access to the old dynamis content, which is why they will be new [D] zones.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-12 18:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Problem is they'd also have to change other things like how lvl diff still exist there and revamp the whole AoE thing and then go back and modify the pseudo ilvl mobs they made to work around the fact lvl diff still exists there
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2017-10-12 19:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Problem is they'd also have to change other things like how lvl diff still exist there and revamp the whole AoE thing and then go back and modify the pseudo ilvl mobs they made to work around the fact lvl diff still exists there
Balancing stats is piss easy compared to creating a worthwhile new content. They're sitting on decades worth of awesome, but outdated, content that they could rapidly revamp with stat tweaks.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-12 19:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of that content has already been revamped to some degree (and some of it more than once) through Unity, Escha, Master Trials, HTMBs, etc.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-12 19:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Balancing stats is piss easy compared to creating a worthwhile new content. They're sitting on decades worth of awesome, but outdated, content that they could rapidly revamp with stat tweaks.
Good thing I talked about just stats right? Right?
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2017-10-12 19:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
A lot of that content has already been revamped to some degree (and some of it more than once) through Unity, Escha, Master Trials, HTMBs, etc.
Just give me alternate zones for Dyna, Sky, Sea, Limbus, Assault, Einherjar, Salvage, that are straight up copy pastes of the originals, not the watered down versions we've been getting since iLVL, with high end gear and mobs that have been boosted.

Original Sky/Sea NM systems > Escha versions by far. You had to learn the area, move around, farm relevant enemies, etc. In Escha you just bring random trash into the zone, burn it for a KI, then stand at a ??? for a few hours. The presentation was much better and the extra activity makes it less boring.

Limbus was my favorite event in the entire game, the only problem with it was the lack of instanced zones and Ultima's loot was weak in comparison to Homam. I want more Limbus caliber content, but since they can't make good content anymore with their skeleton crew, just copy pasta, rebalance, and gimme my old limbus-crack back.
First Page 2 3 ... 180 181 182 ... 201 202 203