Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 201 202 203
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-12-03 01:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously though, the main campaign problem to me is that it just seems a bit unbalanced. Setting CP/Exp aside, they really should just mix up the rest of the events better. And they easily COULD do that just by giving a more even distribution within categories of campaigns, like the below rough outline:

1) Ultimate weapon item related campaigns. (1 of these per month) Voidwatch VW (HMP supply), WKR (HP Bayld), High Tier (REM items), Dynamis (relic currency). Maybe add a Salvage/Alexandrite related one. It actively encourages doing content and helps keep a steady supply for these still frequently used items, having one of these always going gives people something to farm for gil or upgrades, and they're generally seen as some of the more compelling non-CP campaigns.

2) Escha/Rhapsodies content. (1 per month) Domain Invasion, Geas Fete, Escha silt, Dark Matter augments

3) Adoulin era events. (0-1 per month) Vagary, Incursion, Delve/plasm, Skirmish, UNM bonus coffers

4) Pre-Adoulin events. (0-1 per month) WoE surge walks, Abyssea lights, Nyzul Isle

5) Dial/key campaigns. (1 per month) Unity dial, Adoulin dial, Abjuration dial, Sp. Keys.

6) "Other" stuff (1 per month) Alter Ego, Mog Garden flotsam, monster rearing, chocobo digging, etc.

If they spread things out along those lines, even if CP was just a special occasional bonus on top of it, I think most people would be fairly satisfied. It's more frustrating when you have CP! VW! High Tier! all at once... then you follow that up with no CP paired with no currency events AND no campaigns for Rhapsodies-era content. Oh, but there are TWO chocobo digging things... Ugh.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-03 01:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget having two of the same event virtually back to back. "Oh yeah I just used up 2000 voidstones, I uh... huh. Voidwatch campaign, huh?"
By Pantafernando 2016-12-03 03:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings, everyone!

As a quality-of-life improvement, we will be making it so the icons for Indicolure-type spells display the remaining effect duration.
We'll also be adding this feature for enfeebling-type Indicolure spells as well.
I'll update you all once there is a time frame for implementation!
[+]
By Draylo 2016-12-03 04:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, finally.
 Asura.Diavos
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-12-03 04:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Seriously though, the main campaign problem to me is that it just seems a bit unbalanced. Setting CP/Exp aside, they really should just mix up the rest of the events better. And they easily COULD do that just by giving a more even distribution within categories of campaigns, like the below rough outline:

Or they could just permanently update the older content so it was more in line with the post-Rhapsody world we now play in, same way Dynamis and Salvage/Assaults were made more accessible. It's the kind of work that they could do in their sleep, but was likely sidelined because they saw that campaigns were like dropping a truckload of crack cocaine on our heads.

All this non-stop campaign nonsense makes FFXI look like the ultimate in post-WoW theme park MMORPGs and yet they keep piling onto the madness. I mean, "Hyper Chocobo Digging Campaign," really?
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-03 10:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
*** yes. Bring on Omen. Right on time for Winter vacation.

Bring it on....and a Corse NM for Ambuscade? I'm willing to bet PUP will shine in that fight. Especially if it's anything like Belphegor in Reisenjima.
You mean monk?
[+]
By Lyramion 2016-12-03 10:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm willing to bet PUP will shine in that fight
Asura.Topace said: »

Bring it on....and a Corse NM for Ambuscade? I'm willing to bet PUP will shine in that fight. Especially if it's anything like Belphegor in Reisenjima.
You mean monk?

Banish III would like to have a word with you
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-03 11:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyramion said: »
Banish III would like to have a word with you

You mean that spell that WHM's have naturally and lasts 45s, long enough for melee's to finish it off. Then there is Tomahawk which does the same thing but lasts 90s.

Nothing short of a job rewrite or a JA that makes your Robot turn into power armor for the master will make PUP useful outside of pet strategies, and even then.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-03 12:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Ultimate weapon item related campaigns. (1 of these per month) Voidwatch VW (HMP supply), WKR (HP Bayld), High Tier (REM items), Dynamis (relic currency). Maybe add a Salvage/Alexandrite related one. It actively encourages doing content and helps keep a steady supply for these still frequently used items, having one of these always going gives people something to farm for gil or upgrades, and they're generally seen as some of the more compelling non-CP campaigns.

2) Escha/Rhapsodies content. (1 per month) Domain Invasion, Geas Fete, Escha silt, Dark Matter augments

3) Adoulin era events. (0-1 per month) Vagary, Incursion, Delve/plasm, Skirmish, UNM bonus coffers

4) Pre-Adoulin events. (0-1 per month) WoE surge walks, Abyssea lights, Nyzul Isle

5) Dial/key campaigns. (1 per month) Unity dial, Adoulin dial, Abjuration dial, Sp. Keys.

6) "Other" stuff (1 per month) Alter Ego, Mog Garden flotsam, monster rearing, chocobo digging, etc.

If they spread things out along those lines, even if CP was just a special occasional bonus on top of it, I think most people would be fairly satisfied. It's more frustrating when you have CP! VW! High Tier! all at once... then you follow that up with no CP paired with no currency events AND no campaigns for Rhapsodies-era content. Oh, but there are TWO chocobo digging things... Ugh.

I quite like your breakdown of a suggestion of balancing the campaigns out. Having only one or two ultimate weapon currency active at once, but keeping them rotating, is particularly nice.

Look back at the posts when the November campaigns were announced-

"Holy ***"
"When Sundi sees this someone is gonna get fired"
"Who the Hell gave us good Campaigns?"

We knew even then it was too much. This has gotta be a correction. I just wish they would take this kind of balanced approach- don't know about most, but last month there were campaigns I didn't even touch because I just didn't have time.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-03 13:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

I quite like your breakdown of a suggestion of balancing the campaigns out. Having only one or two ultimate weapon currency active at once, but keeping them rotating, is particularly nice.

Look back at the posts when the November campaigns were announced-

"Holy ***"
"When Sundi sees this someone is gonna get fired"
"Who the Hell gave us good Campaigns?"

We knew even then it was too much. This has gotta be a correction. I just wish they would take this kind of balanced approach- don't know about most, but last month there were campaigns I didn't even touch because I just didn't have time.
This x 1000000000000000000. I really wanted to do the WKR train to get my bayld up couldn't even get time to do that because I knew HTB shouts were going to become non existent once the campaign ended.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-12-04 04:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

^ High-Tier Battlefield.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-12-04 10:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »

You mean monk?

lolMNK
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-05 02:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So next patch on december the 21st.
Does it mean we're "skipping" one month of Ambuscade? Or maybe that we're moving from "early month patches" to "late month patches"? One of the two I guess.
By Calinari 2016-12-05 02:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

21st?

Quote:
Announcing the December Version Update

Good day, stalwarts of Vana’diel! Matsui here with your monthly update.

I’d like to begin our periodic ritual by sharing with you what you can expect in the update going live on the 12th.
 Odin.Risenangel
Server: Odin
By Odin.Risenangel 2016-12-05 02:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Does it mean we're "skipping" one month of Ambuscade? Or maybe that we're moving from "early month patches" to "late month patches"? One of the two I guess.

I think that's a typo. Its says Monday the 21st... but the 21st is Wed. The forum post says the 12th. So i think they turned the 2 and the 1 around XD
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-05 02:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's on the 12th.
By Pantafernando 2016-12-05 03:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Good day, stalwarts of Vana’diel! Matsui here with your monthly update.

I’d like to begin our periodic ritual by sharing with you what you can expect in the update going live on the 12th.

As our Japanese players heard about on the 29th freshly-picked Vana’diel broadcast, we’re bringing you brand-new battle content known as Omen.
Omen takes place in a secluded area of Reisenjima, with players carving a path through a variety of dangerous inhabitants and clearing a variety of objectives until they eventually reach their quarry in the heart of the forest.

Clearing objectives in a certain order will reward players with spoils, so you can attempt objectives based on the number and strength of your party members. In addition to powerful equipment, the victorious will be able to get their hands on materials for further reforging their artifact armor, and we hope you experience the thrilling battles we have laid out and work to bring these well-known pieces to the forefront once more.

We’ve also got the monthly changes to Ambuscade and a couple adjustments to Eschan portals found in Reisenjima.

As we end 2016 in Vana’diel in style, I want to take the opportunity to reaffirm our commitment to delivering fresh experiences in 2017, and we look forward to continuing our journey with you for a long time to come.

Below is the usual detailed list of additions and adjustments for December. As always, some items may be pushed back to a later update due to unforeseen last-minute issues.

Content and System-related
Omen
・Add new area
Reisenjima
・Add warp points
Titles
・Add new title

Battle-related
Omen
・Add new notorious monsters
Ambuscade
・Add new notorious monsters

Item-related
Further Artifact armor reforging
・Create new items
Omen
・Create new items
Ambuscade
・Create new items
Guild Merchant
・Add new items
Synthesis
・Add new recipes
Porter Moogle
・Add items to the list of supported items
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-12-05 03:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Clearing objectives in a certain order will reward players with spoils, so you can attempt objectives based on the number and strength of your party members.

Hmmmm..

If they are going to add more challenge by scaling based off of"strength" on top of "number" of players, then the "powerful" ***from this new event better be worth the effort..
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-05 03:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Risenangel said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

I think that's a typo. Its says Monday the 21st... but the 21st is Wed. The forum post says the 12th. So i think they turned the 2 and the 1 around XD
Ah allright, that's probably what happened.
All is well then, I guess?
By Treizekordero 2016-12-05 07:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's gonna be the 12th as well but I wonder if that date is JP time like usual?

Cuz that means for us EST-PSTers the update gonna drop late sunday night ~10pm 11th/early monday morning ~12:00am 12th
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-05 12:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't expect both gear and upgrade items from Omen...was thinking it was going to be just an artifact fest. Interesting.
[+]
By Lyramion 2016-12-05 12:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They said they will have high stats Accessoires from Omen in their MogiVana stream
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-05 12:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They mentioned when they announced Omen that it would also drop accessories with high stats.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-05 14:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
They mentioned when they announced Omen that it would also drop accessories with high stats.

They will be new JSE capes with randomly augmented stats that have a low chance to drop into your personal loot pool upon killing a regular monster. They are EX and you have an equal chance at getting any of the 22 capes being offered. The AF upgrade materials will only drop from the MegaBoss and require several to upgrade a single piece of AF, they will drop into the main treasure pool and won't have an EX tag. The MB will be a CL155 NM with a timer that does 30 foot AoE Charm, Doom, Death, Terror, 90% Paralyze, 25% HP/MP Curse, Pertify, Zombie, Mute, 500HP/tick Bio, -255 All Stats and occasionally uninstalls your game. They will plan to nerf this MB three to six months from now.

Totally expecting that. Too many people demanding "challenging content" after using armies of multi-box Idris Mules to clear everything for SE to pass up this golden opportunity.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-05 14:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »

They will be new JSE capes with randomly augmented stats that have a low chance to drop into your personal loot pool upon killing a regular monster. They are EX and you have an equal chance at getting any of the 22 capes being offered. The AF upgrade materials will only drop from the MegaBoss and require several to upgrade a single piece of AF, they will drop into the main treasure pool and won't have an EX tag. The MB will be a CL155 NM with a timer that does 30 foot AoE Charm, Doom, Death, Terror, 90% Paralyze, 25% HP/MP Curse, Pertify, Zombie, Mute, 500HP/tick Bio, -255 All Stats and occasionally uninstalls your game. They will plan to nerf this MB three to six months from now.

Totally expecting that. Too many people demanding "challenging content" after using armies of multi-box Idris Mules to clear everything for SE to pass up this golden opportunity.
rofl I would not be surprised.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2016-12-05 22:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

here is a random thought. who knows what if they make it possible to combine all our AF/Relic/Empy armor into one set of gear.
By Lyramion 2016-12-05 22:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
here is a random thought. who knows what if they make it possible to combine all our AF/Relic/Empy armor into one set of gear.

PS2 limitations
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 201 202 203