The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 80 81 82
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-10-30 21:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
There is a spreadsheet linked on the bg page, dont remember how many pages back you would have to go here to find one

It says I need special permissions to get access to it :( I said that in the post before my last.

Edit: I am using it to compare gear not weapons.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-31 02:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Made link public, sorry didn't notice the permission was private again.

DNC DPS
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-31 02:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Meanwhile, finally got my Regal Ring last night, and I've been out of the Dancer loop and gearing for almost a year; am I going to be using Regal and Epona's more or less full-time outside of -DT, or Raja's and Epona's for the StoreTP for TPing, and switching to Regal for WSes? I'm ignorant of what other options I might now have. Leaning towards using it on WSes unless I can get more StoreTP somewhere else without sacrificing more than I'm gaining.

Congratulations on the Ring, usually its used for WS's combined with Ilabrat Ring for Rudra [Epona's for PK]

The margin between using Rajas for TP and/or Petrov is minuscule in low buff situations but Petrov wins in higher buffs.

Swapping to Regal in TP set according to spreadsheets will lead to a minuscule DPS loss compared to Rajas/Petrov and there is 0.01 drop in Rounds/WS. [2.19 vs 2.2] so its best not to TP with it unless you switched to Acc Set with AF3.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-31 03:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
A DNC not making skillchains should probably not be on DNC. It's like playing minus all your good dps traits. All jobs are capable of way more than people give them credit for. So I am sure there are uses for the other weapons and that you would get good milage out of them. But whereas other jobs tend to be more simple and blunt in how the output damage, DNC output is far more precise, like a surgeon. And Aeneas is the best tool for that job.

Couldn't agree more yet not many "groups" are willing to let DNC's do their jobs, because of how DNC is designed people tend to avoid dealing with said intricacies.

You need a group that is willing to exploit the devastating aspect of DNC closing skillchains instead of just mindlessly spamming WS's left and right.

A simple heads up before the fight can fix it unless you're dealing with meatheads.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-10-31 13:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

DNC DPS
ooo eemm geee! You are a lifesaver! Thank you so much! ^^ Woo!
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-31 14:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I yell at Katriina sometimes. :-P
ty for the hard work Kat.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-10-31 15:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
A DNC not making skillchains should probably not be on DNC. It's like playing minus all your good dps traits. All jobs are capable of way more than people give them credit for. So I am sure there are uses for the other weapons and that you would get good milage out of them. But whereas other jobs tend to be more simple and blunt in how the output damage, DNC output is far more precise, like a surgeon. And Aeneas is the best tool for that job.

Couldn't agree more yet not many "groups" are willing to let DNC's do their jobs, because of how DNC is designed people tend to avoid dealing with said intricacies.

You need a group that is willing to exploit the devastating aspect of DNC closing skillchains instead of just mindlessly spamming WS's left and right.

A simple heads up before the fight can fix it unless you're dealing with meatheads.

It is precisely because of the impracticality of four-step self-skillchains that Terpsichore is so good; it lets you continue to do significant damage when Climactic is on cooldown, or in any real-world situation where other DDs in your group will be less than thrilled with the idea of not WSing so you can feel good about your Aeonic.

Opinions will differ, but I gave my two cents upthread: the combination of the bonus damage on PK with insane FM generation and enough TP generation to self-skillchain without Reverse allows you to spam Building > PK with Evisceration to close when you get mildly lucky with multihits*. Your Climactic use is Building > step (to get back to 9) > Climactic > Rudra's > Reverse > Rudra's to make sure both Rudras get Climactic's autocrit. JA delay isn't a complete non-issue, but I'd rather have a little bit of that than sub-10k WSes whenever I don't have Climactic available.

Ultimately, the main problem with Aeonic is that while it helps Rudra's its impact on any of your other WSes is negligible, Exenterator is straight up bad, and even Rudra's is weak without the autocrit. Terpsichore with max JP radically changes the way DNC plays; if you haven't considered the options or really talked with somebody who has it it's understandable you'd think DNC was just a SAM that couldn't do self-Light.

*assisted by the fact that an easy AM3 (DNC has probably the easiest route to 3k TP for the opener in the whole game) means DA/TA gear can be shed for Store TP, of which there is mountains on various accessories
[+]
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-11-04 15:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it me or is the PK damage limit kinda low compared to other jobs? :S Fully buffed I am usually doing about ~28k damage on average and usually 33k on mobs weak to piercing. I am not sure what I can be doing to make this damage go up higher xS My counter parts are able to do 40-50k WS consistantly. Any feedback is appreciated!
By hobo 2017-11-04 16:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer doesn't shove all of its damage onto a single weapon skill, if your comparing to say thief you will feel lack luster, the job moves damage into the skillchain. If you compare to say Ninja then your damage looks better.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-11-04 16:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ain't no SC gonna happen any of my PTs sadly :< It's all straight zerg because everyone is capped haste and we have 3-4 DDs. This saddens me!
By hobo 2017-11-04 17:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring the rude answer of "try a different job" have you considered changing up the weapon skill, a bit more predictive with the others. Like if there is a blue who will be mindlessly spamming cdc you can move to evis, ninja doing Ten then you can do your Phyrric. You sacrifice some front loaded damage and pick up the occasional skillchain.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-04 17:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish more groups would embrace going with fewer DDs.

2 DDs continuously making multi-step SC's will put out similar DPS to 3-4 people spamming their strongest WS (on things not strong versus SC damage, ofc).

Fewer DDs provides more party slots for additional layers of support/protection/healing too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-11-04 17:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring the rude answer of "try a different job" have you considered changing up the weapon skill, a bit more predictive with the others. Like if there is a blue who will be mindlessly spamming cdc you can move to evis, ninja doing Ten then you can do your Phyrric. You sacrifice some front loaded damage and pick up the occasional skillchain.
Ive had to do that with a lot of jobs, and vs some of my ls mates DPS went up on their end, and down on mine. They over time would switch to a ws to max PK SC damage, and over all DPS went up. Is never a problem to just switch ws like hobo said.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-11-06 13:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rikimarueye said: »
Ain't no SC gonna happen any of my PTs sadly :< It's all straight zerg because everyone is capped haste and we have 3-4 DDs. This saddens me!

Use Building instead of Reverse; only use Reverse to set up a Climactic Rudra's > Rudra's SC. That way, both Rudras end up critting even if you don't get the skillchain.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-11-08 00:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »

Use Building instead of Reverse; only use Reverse to set up a Climactic Rudra's > Rudra's SC. That way, both Rudras end up critting even if you don't get the skillchain.
Yeah I do that already xS and use building when CF is down. I normally step at the start of a fight and after every WS to cut down on JA delay. It leaves a lot of free Finishing moves! I am a terpaderp user and offhand twashtar :>

Does anyone know if the DPS calc takes into consideration the JA timer of CF?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-08 03:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

DPS calc takes into consideration the JA timer of CF?
Great Question!

I only edited Gear sets on the original Spreadsheet and I'm sure they did factor in the timers of Flourishes.

Just checked the split page after I set the first set (Twashtar/Aeneas) with "Clim" and (Terp/Twashtar) Set with "Striking" to know the amount of ws's that got the buff in the 500 samples and:

Twashtar/Aeneas
Rounds 3.09
WS 24851.31
Flourishes 119

Terp/Twashtar
Rounds 2.73
WS 10902.91
Flourishes 234

Based on Recast Timers of Clim and Striking I would say its counted for.
And I double checked with Clim on both sets and Terp set got 117 Clim vs 119 for Twashtar which is reasonable.
[+]
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-11-08 09:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

DPS calc takes into consideration the JA timer of CF?
Great Question!

I only edited Gear sets on the original Spreadsheet and I'm sure they did factor in the timers of Flourishes.

Just checked the split page after I set the first set (Twashtar/Aeneas) with "Clim" and (Terp/Twashtar) Set with "Striking" to know the amount of ws's that got the buff in the 500 samples and:

Twashtar/Aeneas
Rounds 3.09
WS 24851.31
Flourishes 119

Terp/Twashtar
Rounds 2.73
WS 10902.91
Flourishes 234

Based on Recast Timers of Clim and Striking I would say its counted for.
And I double checked with Clim on both sets and Terp set got 117 Clim vs 119 for Twashtar which is reasonable.

Thanks ^^ This helps immensely!
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-11-08 11:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I do that already xS and use building when CF is down. I normally step at the start of a fight and after every WS to cut down on JA delay. It leaves a lot of free Finishing moves! I am a terpaderp user and offhand twashtar :>

One thing to consider (if you don't already do this) is that Building has a minute duration with a 10 second cooldown, so it's pretty trivial to use it in anticipation of your RS > RS skillchain. Give yourself a beat after using it and then step to get back up to 9 FMs and your Group II cooldown should be all set by the time you need Reverse. It'll give a huge boost to that first Rudra's.
[+]
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-11-08 13:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing to consider (if you don't already do this) is that Building has a minute duration with a 10 second cooldown, so it's pretty trivial to use it in anticipation of your RS > RS skillchain. Give yourself a beat after using it and then step to get back up to 9 FMs and your Group II cooldown should be all set by the time you need Reverse. It'll give a huge boost to that first Rudra's.

My problem is I gain TP -too- fast :< I use a lot of sTP in my builds and sTP food when I hit the damage cap. If I incorporate RF into the mix, I hit 3k TP and all the swings I make setting up is wasted TP. I also use Building > Step > CF > Rudra > RF > Rudra. With the intermittent swings I am around 2k for the first WS and 1.5k on the second rudra. Depending on the content, the first rudra does 50-80k and the second around ~40k. If I am lucky, it makes a SC but at the rate my counterpart WSs it's irregular when I am able to connect. :<

edit: I forgot to mention TP from meditate also puts me in a sticky situation. and IDK if it is even worth it at the rate I TP at >_< For the moment, I used it when I am setting up a Rudra to cut down on TP time.

edit2: I reread what you posted and I understand what you mean now :> but My TP problems they are tough Q_Q
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-11-08 14:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My problem is I gain TP -too- fast :< I use a lot of sTP in my builds and sTP food when I hit the damage cap. If I incorporate RF into the mix, I hit 3k TP and all the swings I make setting up is wasted TP. I also use Building > Step > CF > Rudra > RF > Rudra. With the intermittent swings I am around 2k for the first WS and 1.5k on the second rudra. Depending on the content, the first rudra does 50-80k and the second around ~40k. If I am lucky, it makes a SC but at the rate my counterpart WSs it's irregular when I am able to connect. :<

edit: I forgot to mention TP from meditate also puts me in a sticky situation. and IDK if it is even worth it at the rate I TP at >_< For the moment, I used it when I am setting up a Rudra to cut down on TP time.

edit2: I reread what you posted and I understand what you mean now :> but My TP problems they are tough Q_Q

Well, if your STP is such that you don't feel you can reliably bleed away TP with incidental chains to Evisceration, you might consider doing the unthinkable and fulltiming -DT gear in accessory slots. Maybe dropping a couple points from your neck and a ring slot in favor of Loricate +1 and D.Ring? I know it's frowned upon, but honestly DNC is so busy as it is I don't think I'd mind knowing I have a flat -16% global DT in my TP set in case some random move catches me distracted.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-11-08 14:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if your STP is such that you don't feel you can reliably bleed away TP with incidental chains to Evisceration, you might consider doing the unthinkable and fulltiming -DT gear in accessory slots. Maybe dropping a couple points from your neck and a ring slot in favor of Loricate +1 and D.Ring? I know it's frowned upon, but honestly DNC is so busy as it is I don't think I'd mind knowing I have a flat -16% global DT in my TP set in case some random move catches me distracted.
That doesn't seem so bad. I'll try it out next event time. Thanks :> A DPS that stays alive does more DPS than a ded one xD
By geigei 2017-11-11 07:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC DPS

Gear is listed twice.
By hobo 2017-11-16 13:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was looking at the spreadsheet, since its that time of the month to upgrade gear/augments and I found a couple issues. Lustario Cap path D is left off for NQ and HQ, Mache earring NQ and HQ are also missing. Herculean augments 3/4/5/6 are all the exact same as unaugmented.

Then I wanted to ask about gear choices for Pyrrhic. I asked like 5 months ago about HQ Lustario cap and feet, and was told due to ftp being transferred across all hits multi attack was better. However the spreadsheet appears to be saying path B Lust is better by around 300 for head and 200 for feet, unless I am looking at the wrong box?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-16 15:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings,

geigei said: »
Gear is listed twice.

Herculean augments 3/4/5/6 are all the exact same as unaugmented.
These are left for you to fill in your personal Herc Augments.

Mache earring NQ and HQ
They were not added since the last update, should be available now.
Thanks for the reminder.

In regards to PK set, did you check what are your buffs in Setup Tab?
I can only think of that scenario happening if Torpor was off on High level monsters or low-buffs in general.

Because I have it on and Path A (Head/Feet) wins.

ItemSet 348199

Herc Body with (10DEX or 10STR TA4) with AF3 Hands also won over Adhemar +1 (hands/body).

Spreadsheet is modified.
[+]
By hobo 2017-11-16 15:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the update. Yes I did have torpor off, my bad. So nice having other people to point out common issues before I go spewing nonsense about some gear better than other.

As for the personal herc augments, that makes perfect sense, didn't think about it at all.

Now that my silly mistake has been corrected I can get back to my minor gear adjustments. Which means I should probably check for typos in my lua while updating the gear, I have been known to swap letters around.
[+]
By hobo 2017-11-20 10:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

One more question because its bugging me, why path A on feet? Path D wins and is also bis for rudra's, set bonus is 4wsd for 2 pieces of HQ
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-20 11:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested Spreadsheet, path [D] beats [A] by 2%

I also did Path [D]

Thanks for pointing this one out :)

As for My Rudra I got lucky with DM feet with WSD 9% and 12 DEX :P
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-11-20 13:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Herc Body with (10DEX or 10STR TA4) with AF3 Hands also won over Adhemar +1 (hands/body)

I would double check Adhemar+1 body/hands, because that result doesn't sound correct to me.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-20 13:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just double checked:

PK With Adhemar +1 (hands, body) = 16643
PK With AF3 hands,Herc Body 9 DEX TA4 = 16651

Would totally disregard this lead if you got Adhemar +1
For people that don't have HQ its another "easy" alternative to consider.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-11-20 16:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, just look at the relevant* stats on the bodies for instance:

Herculean vest (with 10 STR 4 TA augment):

STR+38 DEX+34 Accuracy+15 TA+4

Adhemar Jacket +1 B:

STR+38 DEX+45 Accuracy+35 Attack+55 TA+4

Even if accuracy and attack are capped regardless, Adhemar still has more DEX.

*Now, technically there are a couple other stats that are relevant (the STP and DW) that could alter TP returns in favor of Herculean. However, those aren't coming into play on the spreadsheet's WS numbers and Adhemar has a few other things going for it (more accuracy and attack without having to worry about augment luck- 10 STR and 4 TA are already hard to get).
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 80 81 82