Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Noble Mold, pissing me off lol
Noble Mold, pissing me off lol
By Zoltar 2014-10-28 11:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So yesterday it was technically March in Vanadiel time and as luck would have it, I received two straight days with rain. Also, nobody had touched any mobs in two real-life days. (Parked character there)

During those two rainy game days, he did not morph. Is that because it's only a chance he'll morph during rain? Or will he only morph during April-June rainy days?

Either way today starts April so I guess I'll see what happens this week. Just frustrated because this is a really annoying spawn condition...
By Sidiov 2014-10-28 12:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only a chance to morph and the requirements to even get the chance are that the PH is left alone. It used to be thought it only morphed in rainy weather, but back in the day there were reports of him morphing outside of weather, so it's still unknown I guess. It does NOT need to be the April-June window for sure. I camped this guy back in the day, and there would be lots of rainy / days between pop so I think it's just a low chance to pop.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-10-28 12:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only got it between the 4th and 7th game months.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-10-28 12:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, why are you camping him? Is he part of the RoE quests, you want a nifty hat or are you really that bored lol
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-10-28 12:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Scarecrow hat is best hat.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-10-28 12:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm bored, want the hat for a trophy piece basically lol

I've been revisiting old content and trying obtain the pita stuff :)
[+]
 Asura.Slugman
Server: Asura
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-10-28 13:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Rainy season is the best time to camp it obviously, but it can morph any time it rains there, which can happen randomly from time to time outside of rainy season. It is not a guarantee that it will spawn during any of those times.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-10-28 14:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidiov said: »
It used to be thought it only morphed in rainy weather, but back in the day there were reports of him morphing outside of weather, so it's still unknown I guess.

Just to add to this....
According to this: http://ff11info.com/bazaar/en/weather.php

Rainy season is between March - June, which is the time that I've seen him morph. From my personal experiences in killing him, I've never seen him pop outside those months. I've also never seen him pop or be around when it wasn't raining. A good indication is if you notice constant rain. If you see rain and thunder alternating, conditions may not be right. Anyway, good luck, with server population low, you shouldn't have a problem with people killing that PH or anyone in that region for that matter
 Cerberus.Ganlere
Server: Cerberus
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2014-10-28 14:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't much of a problem back in the old days either; most people either didn't know about, didn't have the patience, or didn't care. I liked it back in the old BST days. Good luck, went 1 for 2 back then, took over a month of camping.
By Zoltar 2014-10-29 07:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Went 1/1 this morning, woke up and he was standing face-to-face with me. Happy I was on thf lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
Server: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-10-29 09:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Went 1/1 this morning, woke up and he was standing face-to-face with me. Happy I was on thf lol
Congratulations!