On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 95 96 97
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-17 10:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

'Worth it' is subjective. The only content where it makes a significant difference is unafraid of the dark, and that's a joke now with all the gear buffs.

It is an improvement and it's much better than yagrush. You can use divine caress accession cursna to block and prevent doom. If future content uses doom heavily, it will be great to have.
By geigei 2017-11-17 10:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Then by any means, just so u know cursna +100 is not curns 100%.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-17 10:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
hi everyone,

i'm thinking of making the whm empy for one of my mules and AGing for the 100 + cursna on it but not 100% sold on it. does anyone have an opinion on it is it worth it?

If you have a ton of cash burning a hole in your pocket, then it's definitely a handy thing to have. Just keep in mind that +100 cursna doesn't necessarily equate to 100% success rate.

Probably more meaninful (and cheaper) is to build a Cursna received set for your tank. That makes a huge difference.
By zaxtiss 2017-11-17 10:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

my pld has one but T3 tree in jima is *** ;; plain an simple lol.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-17 11:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Shiva.Arislan said: »
If you have a ton of cash burning a hole in your pocket, then it's definitely a handy thing to have. Just keep in mind that +100 cursna doesn't necessarily equate to 100% success rate.

This is true, but a maxed set has +211 potency which gets you to 80-85% success rate depending on your healing skill. Adding just 2 nq saida's rings on target will get you to 100%.

The item is extremely useful, the problem is a lack of situations where doom is truly problematic. Most monsters that use it are otherwise weak enough that spamming will be sufficient, Yakshi included. If you're dying to tree, you don't prioritize well.
 Fenrir.Massacrex
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Massacrex 2017-11-17 11:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

TBA if u don't already have one a yagrush would be way more useful then the gambaten just my opinion
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-17 12:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Going by Chiaia's calc, 121 Cursna set (perfect w/o Empy) + 600-620 Healing Skill should put your base rate around ~67%.

Adding Empy would put you at ~98%.

Now if your target has 50% received (2x Eshmun Ring + Gishdubar), you're at over 100% w/o Empy. With NQ rings, you're still looking at ~94%. Empy seems to be overkill if your target(s) have received sets.
By zaxtiss 2017-11-17 12:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

alright well thanks for the info guys!
By zaxtiss 2017-11-17 15:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
geigei said: »
Shiva.Arislan said: »

This is true, but a maxed set has +211 potency which gets you to 80-85% success rate depending on your healing skill. Adding just 2 nq saida's rings on target will get you to 100%.

The item is extremely useful, the problem is a lack of situations where doom is truly problematic. Most monsters that use it are otherwise weak enough that spamming will be sufficient, Yakshi included. If you're dying to tree, you don't prioritize well.
yeah i checked out the sets in the cursna facts page that was posted it turns out my set for my pld isnt maxed nor is my whm's so i know what i need to fix now though.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-12-20 12:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently finally joined the Kaykaus+1 club and was rather disappointed when trying to rework my cure build. Because of the prevalence of Kaykaus gear in most WHM cure builds I thought it would be easy to swap out my Vanya for Kaykaus+1, but not so. The loss of cure potency hurt quite a lot.

I ended up realizing that to keep potency1 capped, I'd have to either drop Glorious Earring for Mendicant's, or drop AF+3 hands for Kaykaus+1. Either way I lose two points of Potency2.

I ended up dropping Glorious, which made me sad. Here's the set:
ItemSet 330585

Is this as good as it gets? Anyone have a better cure build that uses Chatoyant, Empy body/legs, Obi, and Ambu cape?

P.S. This also reinforces my opinion that NQ Kaykaus has no business even being discussed as useful cure gear. Vanya is easier to get, cheaper, and superior in stats.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-12-20 17:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that’s about the same as what I got and yup, NQ Kaykaus isn’t very good. Question though, where’s your Janniston Ring? Or no Janni because reasons?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-20 20:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That set's at 52% cure potency before counting the second earring, so I'm not sure what you're asking for.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2017-12-21 01:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Janniston would offer an additional 5% Cure Pot beyond the cap, unless I'm misunderstanding both of you

And my guess is 'reasons'. Adoulin rings don't spread well across multiple jobs
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-21 01:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My meaning is that there's no reason to not use Glorious.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-21 01:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I only count 46/47, are you assuming Path D on feet?
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-12-21 01:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I recently finally joined the Kaykaus+1 club and was rather disappointed when trying to rework my cure build. Because of the prevalence of Kaykaus gear in most WHM cure builds I thought it would be easy to swap out my Vanya for Kaykaus+1, but not so. The loss of cure potency hurt quite a lot.

I ended up realizing that to keep potency1 capped, I'd have to either drop Glorious Earring for Mendicant's, or drop AF+3 hands for Kaykaus+1. Either way I lose two points of Potency2.

I ended up dropping Glorious, which made me sad. Here's the set:
ItemSet 330585

Is this as good as it gets? Anyone have a better cure build that uses Chatoyant, Empy body/legs, Obi, and Ambu cape?

P.S. This also reinforces my opinion that NQ Kaykaus has no business even being discussed as useful cure gear. Vanya is easier to get, cheaper, and superior in stats.

If you use path B on head and D on feet and accounting -enmity merits capped, you will be at 51% cure potency 1 without nourishing earring which u can swap for the quest earring with potency 2.

With that cape being -10 enmity you'll be at -44enmity total, swapping ammo for esper earring +1 would put you at -48 so that's pretty close for me, another option if u wanna keep the tathlum is switching the af3+1 body for the af+3 body, the latter has cure pot 2 and big macc/enfeebling skill for debuffs.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-21 01:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
I only count 46/47, are you assuming Path D on feet?

yes, because why wouldn't I
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-21 02:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Because then -enmity won't be capped
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-21 02:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

thank god glorious earring has -enmity then, and better ammos exist
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-21 02:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Which the set doesn't have and therefore wouldn't have had capped -enmity.

If you'd said, "swap the augment to path D and then you can use glorious", it would have made more sense.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-12-21 02:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 355584

Augments:
Kaykaus Path B
Cure Pot +10% on cape

Cure Potency +51%
Cure Potency II +15%
Skill +61
Enm -54 -> Can probably swap Ammo or Lebeche for Haoma's (with minor adjustments)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-21 03:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »

What would the best, not-main whm set look like? ie: no HQ Kaykus, no Janniston

(Why? I'm not spending 100m on Jinxed boots)
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-21 03:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a pretty good NQ set:

ItemSet 338054

Back can be FC, head is A, boots are D. Lasaia Pendant can of course be used instead.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
Server: Bahamut
user: etherue
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2017-12-21 07:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Which the set doesn't have and therefore wouldn't have had capped -enmity.

If you'd said, "swap the augment to path D and then you can use glorious", it would have made more sense.

His set description says "WHM Cure Experimental - Kaykaus Head: -6 enmity Kaykaus Feet: 6 cure potency" which is Path D on feet
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-21 08:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, no idea then, that's way over cure pot and under on enmity though maybe it's with -enmity merits.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-12-21 09:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, no I did have them both path B, good catch guys. I knew something obvious was wrong. If I change feet to path D, I should be able to use Glorious again and still have capped potency1 and enmity down. I even had path D in my ffxiah set as someone noticed, just not on my real feet. Thanks!

And to answer the Janniston question, I've never seen it as a good use of the adoulin rings personally. Even if WHM was my only job, I'd go with Weatherspoon because my current fast cast set doesn't have capped quick cast.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Massacrex
By Fenrir.Massacrex 2018-01-20 11:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So here is something i never looked at but for whm do yall think a Raetic Rod +1 could beat a chantoyant staff while useing light weather and obi ? Only thing your gaining is 10% cure II and 23% cure wich just makes it easier to do other stuff in other spots only down side is the +30% cure mp consumed. I use the chantoyant methiod and is great also have everything capped while useing it.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-01-20 11:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No
 Fenrir.Massacrex
By Fenrir.Massacrex 2018-01-20 11:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what i was thinking