Police Catch Ghost On Video Camera

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Police Catch Ghost on Video Camera
Police Catch Ghost on Video Camera
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-26 22:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Police in Espanola, New Mexico are catching more than just criminals.

They are catching images of what they believe are ghosts on surveillance cameras at the police department.

It started out as a pretty typical Saturday night. Espanola police officer Karl Romero was on duty, keeping an eye on the surveillance cameras around the station when he saw something in the Sally Port.

“At first I thought it was a podilla, a fly or moth, then I saw the legs and it was a human. But not a real human. No. A ghost,” the officer said.

So, Romero reported it and told his supervisors. Detectives showed the media the camera that captured the image. They say there’s no way in or out of the secured area without an open gate and alarm sounding.

“It walks through the old transport cages,” Det. Solomon Romero with the Espanola police. “There’s not a way for it to get through but it walks through that.”

Detectives say there’s no logical explanation for this. Not an issue with the lighting. Or a technical glitch. Turns out there are a lot of ghost stories around here.

“A lot of officers have seen certain things. Some officers have felt someone breathing down their necks as they’re working in the briefing room,” an officer said.

Police at the station have also reported hearing strange noises in the middle of the night and seeing unexplainable images in the lobby area too.

Espanola police say as far as they know this isn’t on an ancient burial ground. The department has been here at this location since 2006. No inmates have died here.

But they do say there have been some unsolved murders nearby.

The police say they’re not afraid of it, but it’s definitely an image that haunts the officers who work here.

CNN contributed to this report.
Police in New Mexico believe they have footage of ghost on camera

Here's a youtube video of the footage as well:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-09-26 22:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell yeah I can do with a topic like this, *** love ghosts.

Also please quality, I want clear picture :C!
[+]
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-09-26 22:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

3spooky5me
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-26 22:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

if you had a clear picture, you would see its just a bug or lint on the lens. its in the foreground
 Odin.Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-09-26 22:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, shouldn't this be in...undead?

Ohohohhohohohohohhoohh
[+]
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2014-09-26 22:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Heimdel 2014-09-26 23:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Siren.Sieha said: »
if you had a clear picture, you would see its just a bug or lint on the lens. its in the foreground
Lint and dust wouldn't move if, as you said, it was on the lens. Dust and lint, when airborne, also behave differently and will go everywhere. Insects tend to not travel in straight lines. Dust, lint, and insects also do not, I repeat, do not look like humans. This thing caught on camera has a humanoid figure.
Given the violence that can, and does, occur in most prisons and jails, however... it doesn't surprise me that a police station would be haunted. Alcatraz is known to be, as well.
Other well known haunted prisons:
Eastern State penitentiary (A former home of Al Capone, where the mobster claimed, on record to guards, the ghost of one of the St. Valentine's Day massacre victims haunted him in his cell. He was there before being transferred to Alcatraz).
Watch the video on fullscreen mode. You'll be able to pick out the legs, arms, head, and body of it. A full-fledged, paranormal "holy grail": A full-body apparition, on tape.

Um it says right in the article the station has only been there since 2006 and that there has been no deaths there.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-09-26 23:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall reading about something once. A lady had, basically, met "herself". Thing is, she was still alive, and yet some paranormal entity had chosen to invade her home and take her appearance to fool her husband. Other things that can contribute to a haunted location:
It could be the particular plot of land the station is built on (A previous structure could've been the site of a death, the station could've been built over an indian burial ground), or the spirits haunting it could've been called there through means such as a Ouija board. The spirit could even be tied to an object.

So yeah, no. Just because it's supposedly a newer building, doesn't mean it can't somehow be haunted.
Speaking of haunted items...
YouTube Video Placeholder
That would be her doppelganger, folklore states if you meet your own doppelganger, you die. IIRC

Bahamut.Nixak said: »
Girl on the right looks like my ex. >.>

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-26 23:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-09-26 23:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Odin.Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-09-26 23:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's that time of year though to start gettin' Spoopy
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-09-26 23:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's say ghosts are a thing and that a recording device could detect them, even a shady semi-transparent version. Given how much camera footage humans record and watch at any given time... It should be telling how few times such things surface and how terrible the quality, lighting or angles have to be for them to "show up".

Insects tend to not travel in straight lines.
That was not at all a straight line... Have you been drinking good sir?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-09-26 23:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Something about dinosaur ghosts
 Asura.Triffle
Server: Asura
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-09-27 00:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
Lint and dust wouldn't move if, as you said, it was on the lens. Dust and lint, when airborne, also behave differently and will go everywhere. Insects tend to not travel in straight lines. Dust, lint, and insects also do not, I repeat, do not look like humans. This thing caught on camera has a humanoid figure.
Given the violence that can, and does, occur in most prisons and jails, however... it doesn't surprise me that a police station would be haunted. Alcatraz is known to be, as well.
Other well known haunted prisons:
Eastern State penitentiary (A former home of Al Capone, where the mobster claimed, on record to guards, the ghost of one of the St. Valentine's Day massacre victims haunted him in his cell. He was there before being transferred to Alcatraz).
Watch the video on fullscreen mode. You'll be able to pick out the legs, arms, head, and body of it. A full-fledged, paranormal "holy grail": A full-body apparition, on tape.

The thing caught on camera was a smudge. If you can make out a figure from it, you're looking too hard.

Oh wait never mind. There's no way a bad resolution camera shot can't be real. I mean clearly they caught the real Loch Ness monster on camera here and if that's real, the ghost is too.

Bismarck.Ariyon
Server: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-09-27 00:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

All I see is a spec of dust or something drifting across the camera.
By Voren 2014-09-27 00:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Our current jail is a building of its own now. From 1968-2009 it was in the basement of the courthouse. I can say the it is haunted, what gives me warm fuzzies is that our deputy offices and dispatch are now located in what use to be the jail.

Since my time here there has been 3 deaths and one additional I was told about that happened months before I started working here.

2 people hanged themselves in the same cell on 2 different occasions (a few years apart), one died from alcohol poisoning (he was old and liked mouth wash - no joke), and another died when cocaine bags burst in her stomach.

The original jail is the 4th floor of the courthouse and have seen some of records that were kept such as this little gem:

3rd day of March, 1908
John Smitherton 19 years of age
Charged with theft of horse from main street
Apprehended at 9am
Went before Judge Hurst at 10:30am
Found guilty
Given meal of beef and potato soup
Hanged at noon this date.

Justice system worked fast back then. This is one of many examples I found, so there's absolutely no way I'm going to the 4th floor of our courthouse....ever....period.

I've never seen a ghost, but had that feeling of being watched and that fight/flight instinct kicking in for no reason.

As for the video, I call shenanigans.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-27 10:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Indian burial ground maybe?

Post deleted by User.