Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » High accuracy builds with Koga
High accuracy builds with Koga
By cervelo84 2014-08-28 11:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished my Koga and have all the low and mid tier gear for samurai. ( all stp sets and accuracy sets up to 840ish)

I am currently pondering a few high tier accuracy builds and want your guys opinion.

With Walk of Echo being redone and harder content coming in November ( we don't know what it is yet) I am considering these things.

Legs

Xaddi Cuisses: Path A: Atk +15 Acc +10 STP +3
Path B: HP +45 Acc +15 PDT -3%
I LIKE PATH B ( Do you really need a lot of STP/DA with a Koga.. Accuracy is what I would be aiming for )

Otronif Leggings -4mdt -4pdt 10 accuracy- Decent accuracy and It would make up for the lose of STP on --> Boots

Why would I choose Path A? I will have threat, I will be taking a lot of Damage. If everything I am guessing about Walk of Echo is true, then what reason would there be to go with Path A when Using a Koga and considering everything I stated?

Feet

Xaddi Boots: Path A: Atk +15 Acc +10 STP +3
Path B: HP +45 Acc +15 PDT -3%

Again I like Path B. +25 accuracy is huge and I can go with a STP piece of gear without so much accuracy in another slot? I am thinking Path B on leg/Feet with buffs would put me at 2200 hp.

This is about accuracy and Koga, why would I not consider this path?

Gloves
Xaddi Gloves : Path C: Acc +15 STP +3 DA +2

This one makes the most sense to me. I do like Path B with +45 HP and accuracy and PDT but If I was going to get away from PDT/HP this would be the Xaddi piece I'd be willing to do it with.

Body

Xaddi Mail: Path A: Att +15, Acc +10, STP +3
Path B: HP +45, Acc +15, PDT -3

I really Like Path B here also. 25 accuracy HP and PDT. For a high accuracy set against the toughest mobs in the game I feel this is the way to go. Why would I not go with this path?

So If I do go with Xaddi for 4/5 of my pieces of armor with the rest of my gear pretty standard. I would be sitting at about 36-45 STP in gear. Give or take. And about 900-920 in checkparam Accuracy. And at least 10 % pdt- Maybe more with the ring from AAHM ( 5% PDT 7 Accuracy)

I wanted to get the opinions of fellow Samurai's and I appreciate in advance all the differing opinions. Remember we are talking about high end Accuracy sets and some of the toughest fights to date and those to come. Obviously new gear will come and some of this stuff I mentioned may become irrelevant. Thank you.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-28 11:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 327685

i use this for high accuracy high pdt, which at present is only that pink mandy in yorcia(all path b).. lithelimb cap loses .5 acc, 5 def, and 3 stp to xaddi headgear but gains 4 str 4 vit 21 m.eva.. probably about even but i didn't see a point upgrading xaddi when i have lithelimb

reality is we don't know how much evasion the new stuff will have, and most people don't know their buffs ahead of time, so if you want to truly optimize you're going to want multiple acc sets