Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 153 154 155
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-08 20:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

they're already 11 rolls with +7, I just forgot job bonus on sam roll since you'll always have it as sam.

and that's why I have two separate outputs, one for a simulated average similar to how the spreadsheets handle, and several three minute outputs since those are more prone to RNG

uploading with those few suggested changes/additions, might take a few minutes since my internet is not very good.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-08 20:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

oh sorry i misread that as 7 rolls not +7 rolls
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-08 20:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
edit:
may be worth it to add warcry, yaegasumi, boost-str as well
boosts are on my to-do-list, and overwhelm I need to add as well. Did you mean warcry from sub or from a war main?

And for yaegasumi, that would depend on mob actions so it might not be accurate. For overwhelm, is it a flat 19% WSD or is it applied to the full WS?
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-08 21:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
And here is a decent starter set for WS (Fudo).

ItemSet 353380

Ryuo Domaru: Path A 10 STR/DEX 15 Acc

Is NQ domaru better than Hizamaru Haramaki +1?

Relevant stats (Hiza vs Ryou Path A):
  • STR: 37 vs 38

• DEX (extra acc): 33 vs 34

• Acc: 40 vs 42

• Atk: 28 vs 27

They seem pretty much identical but maybe I'm missing something. Only asking because I got abj tonight and wondering if it's worth to uncurse. What would be the next upgrade? Valorous with str atk/atk and wsd?

Thanks!
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-08 21:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't bother with NQ.

Added boost spells and some extra gear. Overhwelm is now on, I don't have a toggle for it yet, since there is a lot of clutter on the buffs tab right now. I also added an extra output to compare the percentage of auto attacks and ws damage to the total.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-12 13:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

updates to my sam sim:
fixed an issue with hasso gear not providing JA Haste.
added an output showing TP and WS phase splits
added delay to stats page, mostly to determine hasso gear worked but kept it anyways since it's useful.
added new flamma +2 and set bonuses, along with some other gear available.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7LcJujrpsg-TzBGZ3ZUWmhVQlk?usp=sharing

exe is in dist folder
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-14 14:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Been dicking around with the idea of a theoretical "2 hit" build in that you use a 3 hit setup stacked with a ***ton of double attack effectively getting you back to 1000 in 1 attack round.

Pretend the Flamma ***is +2

ItemSet 353749

66 STP (minimum req for 7 SAM roll)
43 DA (5 body, 10 back augment)
5 TA
3 QA

11 CC Fighter's Roll would put you at 78 DA (43+35) and factoring in multistrikes,

3 + 5*.97 + 78*.92 = 79.61% of the time you'll multi strike. Taking into consideration the 95% acc cap, you'll multi get back to 1000 TP 75.63% of the time. If you've got higher than a 7 SAM then you can swap in Cessance for an extra 3 DA to bring your chances up to 78% after taking the acc cap into consideration.

I haven't had a chance to put this into practice yet but I imagine it'd be pretty useful for zergy situations.
Server: Asura
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-10-14 14:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Been dicking around with the idea of a theoretical "2 hit" build in that you use a 3 hit setup stacked with a ***ton of double attack effectively getting you back to 1000 in 1 attack round.

ItemSet 353749

5 TA
3 QA

11 CC Fighter's Roll would put you at 78 DA (43+35) and factoring in multistrikes,

3 + 5*.97 + 78*.92 = 79.61% of the time you'll multi strike. Taking into consideration the 95% acc cap, you'll multi get back to 1000 TP 75.63% of the time. If you've got higher than a 7 SAM then you can swap in Cessance for an extra 3 DA to bring your chances up to 78% after taking the acc cap into consideration.

I haven't had a chance to put this into practice yet but I imagine it'd be pretty useful for zergy situations.

I dont understand why sam's wear valarous body for tp
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-14 14:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

literally read the post. you need the 3 stp to maintain 3 hit when basing your sets around a 7 SAM roll, plus the 7 DA is the highest amount of "multi strike" (not actually accounting for the amount of hits it adds) towards the 100% multi strike goal for a 2 hit. Kendatsuba +1 is gonna be better damage overall due to overflow, but to illustrate the idea of a 2 hit build I went with Valorous Mail for the STP and 7 DA.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-14 14:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't Telos + Ginsen or Cessance + Cibitshavore be better than Dedition + Vanir?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-10-14 14:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Telos + Ginsen would be better then Dedition and Vanir.
lol beaten
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-14 14:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure. Doesn't really change anything outside of some accuracy but yeah it's a little better. Cibitshavore is irrelevant with Knobkierrie existing.

I also mentioned that Cessance>Dedition if you've got a SAM roll higher than 7.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-14 15:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool build.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-14 15:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For those with Dagon, maybe toss in Hasty Pinion +1 with Dedition Earring? Seems like a lot of ways to tailor this build.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-14 17:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If it helps, can use the Green Wyvern Mog Garden KI for another 5% DA. Also comes with 1% Haste.

I'm dumb, it's Alter Ego DA rate. Nevermind.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-10-14 17:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

at least your thinking outside the box!
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2017-10-17 13:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 353749

5 TA
3 QA

While it might be harder to obtain, you could probably use ryou +1 domaru and swap around some accessories to get the build.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-10-17 14:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

ItemSet 353749

5 TA
3 QA

While it might be harder to obtain, you could probably use ryou +1 domaru and swap around some accessories to get the build.

This is Ramz we are talking about lol, dude shits out HQ.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-17 14:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryuo Domaru +1 is an okay choice, but not really worth the gil. Most of the accessories are free/easier to get/already ideal anyway so it doesn't make much sense. Keep in mind that build is specifically meant for a 7 SAM roll OR higher.

There are easy concessions to make if you don't have HQ versions of the Nodowa/Pants. You can swap an earring for Dedition if both are NQ, Brutal for Cessance if you've got one of the two HQs. You don't actually have to swap either if you get an 8 SAM roll (4 more stp than 7 which covers the difference.)

The important thing to note about the build is that it doesn't need to discriminate between types of multi strikes. Any multi strike will get you to 1000 immediately so the goal is to have pieces of equipment that increase that value the most. Sure, you could use QA/TA in place of DA in some slots to get a very slight increase to dps due to TP overflow, but it might actually end up being detrimental if the different in multi strikes is too different.

Some good examples would be- 11 SAM roll (therefore being able to drop 24 stp in gear)

Ginsen->Paeapua
Valorous Mail-> Kendatsuba (+1), Dagon (especially if no DA+5 aug)
Ryuo Legs +1 ->Kendatsuba (+1), Valorous (5 DA)
Nodowa->Ganesha
Petrov->Hetairoi

The biggest highlight is really the body, there are bodies w/ 5-6 TA which barely change the marginal probability of getting a multi strikes relative to a 6-7 DA, but I leave Valorous Mail in for the STP (and highest MS value of any body) as a contingency for a bad roll.
By Brynach 2017-10-17 14:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to include conditions for specific roll numbers in a lua argument?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-17 14:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

asked someone who knows what they're doing and they said "yes, but you need to look at the action message packet."

sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth if you aren't well versed with the packet structure of ffxi?
By Brynach 2017-10-17 14:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Certainly does. That is unfortunate because I like what you are doing.
I have made up a set for Masa that stacks 26DA, 24TA, 7QA and 27 +5(merits) crit rate when sam roll is on. luckily I don't have to monitor the roll number because I built it to be effective even when unbuffed, unlucky is on.
With the new Flamma +2 gear, I am tempted to drop the hq kenda head for flamma head +2 to get 28DA, 25TA, 7QA and 22+5(m)crit rate. Not sure where the benefit lies in the trade-off.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-17 16:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Since we're on the topic. Here's what the set looks like w/ 11 SAM Roll (42 stp requirement without CC)

ItemSet 353797

This sets a little more practical since you probably already use most of the ***anyway. NQ kendatsuba is fine too but you'll need to switch to 4-5 DA Val body if you've got NQ Nodowa. Cessance->Telos works too.

11 SAM
11 CC Fight
WAR sub
10 DA Mantle

DA - 70
TA - 19
QA - 3

= 76% chance of multi striking. 72% after taking into accuracy considerations.

The alternative is:

ItemSet 353800

Which has 86 DA, 7 TA and 3 QA which *technically* has a higher chance of being a 2 hit (83% after acc), but is very likely lower dps.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-17 18:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fixed an issue where the exe wouldn't open in my sam simulation:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7LcJujrpsg-TzBGZ3ZUWmhVQlk
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2017-10-23 03:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have a lua who can track the value of the SAM roll ? mine see if i have the roll or not, but not the value, so i did my set for a 7 roll(uncrooked)
 Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker 2017-10-23 17:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

does anybody have any updated sets for tachi shoha / tachi rana ? what should i be aiming for augs wise, those being multi hits, stack qa/ta/da/str/attack? i have a decent fudo set but lacking on the shoha/rana deparment, just looking to get every bit of dmg that i can for those ws's during 4 - 5 step sc's, thx.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-10-23 20:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For Shoha, I just do it in my Fudo set and it does comparable damage to Fudo. Since it's only 2 hits and the first hit has a decently high fTP, WSD often does better overall than stats like DA. Maybe TA or QA would be enough, but hard to get significant quantities of those without losing too much atk. The Kendatsuba set doesn't have any atk.

For Rana, I'm not sure there isn't anything you can really do for damage other than DA/TA/QA. Its got really bad mods.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-23 20:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
For Rana, I'm not sure there isn't anything you can really do for damage other than DA/TA/QA. Its got really bad mods.

Rana's WSC is 50% STR so it's actually good. It's got zero TP growth and only three 1.0 fTP hits. Makes exploiting difficult other then stacking STR and Multi-Attack.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-10-23 22:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I was referring to the 1.0 non-variable ftp mostly yeah. Unfortunately for Sam, a lot of the multi attack options come with no attack, so your pretty much looking at a second full set of valorous with ma + acc/atk which probably isn't worth as much effort as it would take.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-10-25 09:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming back to this. Just based on what I currently have, this is what I would do for Rana

ItemSet 353917

Augs:
Valorous Mail: 8 STR, 20 acc, 25 atk, 4% DA
Valorous Mitts: 5 VIT, 24 acc, 14 atk, 4% WSD (Just what I have)
Smertrios: 20 DEX, 30 acc, 20 atk, 10% DA (would want a cape specific to rana probably in the long run if you are interested).

Stats:
MA: 10% TA, 34% DA
Acc: Lots
Atk: Not as much
STR: Pretty decent

This is just gear I have on me right now.

Side/Upgrades/Alts:
Valorous Mail > Kendatsuba Samue

Valorous Hands/Hose/Feet: Recommended Augments STR, acc, atk, > 4% DA. Getting substantial amounts of atk on Valorous in addition to DA would be preferable

Obviously Regal/Fu Rings are probably BiS (maybe a case for Petrov's 1% DA over Regal)

Analysis:
On average, I would guess that this set would do approximately as much damage as a Tachi: Fudo @1000 TP with Moonshade (not accounting for WSD on Fudo). If you're wielding Doji, it will never outperform Fudo.

WSD on Fudo/Shoha/Kasha etc means that its very hard for Rana to compete. This is probably just an excercise in mitigating damage loss when doing multi-step SCs.
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 153 154 155