Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 153 154 155
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2017-03-14 22:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend crafted up some domaru's from login pts. 1/3 HQ! Guess i'll make it after all since no +3/Valourous Body
 Asura.Ramsy
Server: Asura
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2017-03-17 10:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cyrinn said: »
Fudo/Shoha/Gekko/Kasha:
ItemSet 349773
Valorous Mail is STR+13 Accuracy+11 Attack+24 WS Damage+3%, Valorous Greaves have STR+8 Acc+18 Att+18 WS Damage+4%. Cape is STR+30 Acc+20 Att+20 WS Damage+10%. I have a second Ifrit Ring+1 if it's better than Karieyh Ring.
Will probably eventually break Shoha off into it's own set to accommodate the two hits.
My Ws sets are really close to this set above except Val Hands and mask with str/att/acc/ws dmg. Wondering what changes would have to be changed for a good shoha set?k
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2017-03-21 20:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ramsy said: »
Phoenix.Cyrinn said: »
Fudo/Shoha/Gekko/Kasha:
ItemSet 349773
Valorous Mail is STR+13 Accuracy+11 Attack+24 WS Damage+3%, Valorous Greaves have STR+8 Acc+18 Att+18 WS Damage+4%. Cape is STR+30 Acc+20 Att+20 WS Damage+10%. I have a second Ifrit Ring+1 if it's better than Karieyh Ring.
Will probably eventually break Shoha off into it's own set to accommodate the two hits.
My Ws sets are really close to this set above except Val Hands and mask with str/att/acc/ws dmg. Wondering what changes would have to be changed for a good shoha set?k

These sets are a little outdated, would check on more recent pages for updated gear sets.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2017-04-04 08:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Aviagalka said: »
Is the Oboro weapon better even though it doesn't have the +30 dmg augment available?

If you have an Ichigohitofuri from Kammavaca , just stick with it (I use Path B version).

I have a serious case of buyers remorse with oboro GK, its useless because it breaks my 4hit build compared to Ichigohitofuri unless I mess with a bunch of other gearslots which hurts tp and overall damage output.
The extra acc from the oboro GK hasnt been worth it, even on something like Omen Kyou.

I wouldnt advise anyone to make an oboro GK unless they have specific content they cant do because their other gear sorely lacks in acc or their group support cant give them enough acc.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-04 08:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I wouldnt advise anyone to make an oboro GK unless they have specific content they cant do because their other gear sorely lacks in acc or their group support cant give them enough acc.

Oboro JSE weapons aren't really meant for higher end content, their for people just starting gearing that job who don't have a lot of high end gear / JP / ect, think people sitting in Arco of sparks gear. For those who can have groups that can get them gear "on other jobs" the Oboro weapons are largely useless.
 Gilgamesh.Mijean
Server: Gilgamesh
user: leona
By Gilgamesh.Mijean 2017-04-06 05:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone knows at what point do str becomes better than ws dmg ? (mainly for fudo)
 Asura.Shystie
user: Shystie
By Asura.Shystie 2017-04-12 17:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

I finished my Koga and am updating my gear sets. Anyone mind sharing their current Koga sets? I've looked at the sets posted on the guide but they are almost a year old and do not account for AF+2 and Ambuscade gear...among others.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-04-12 17:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mijean said: »
anyone knows at what point do str becomes better than ws dmg ? (mainly for fudo)

i don't know the exact numbers but i'd say roughly 5 str per 1 wsd is fair, it's obviously more complicated than that but i've seen that it works decently as a general approximation
By FaeQueenCory 2017-04-12 18:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Gilgamesh.Mijean said: »

i don't know the exact numbers but i'd say roughly 5 str per 1 wsd is fair, it's obviously more complicated than that but i've seen that it works decently as a general approximation
I'm not so sure on that. +5 STR is +4 base damage (base damage modifer: 80%STR; 5 x 0.8 = 4), whereas 1% WSdmg is 1.01x the total damage.

Total damage is: {[(weaponDMG + fSTR + WSMOD) x fTP] x WSdmg} x pDIF

So... I feel like you're undervaluing the power of WSdmg.
Especially with how stats are now-a-days, you're looking at the difference of 400 and 390 total STR. Which while +10 STR used to be a HUGE difference back in the day.... now it's not that huge. (At least with regards to this scenario.)

Keep in mind, there's never a choice now. It's all just "which of having more of is the better" and IMO having more of WSdmg over having more of STR is better. Since it's not an either or situation like it used to be.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-04-12 19:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

True, I did say I grossly oversimplified it. I can only assume he's talking about situations of Fern vs Taupe where it might be 4-5 WSD vs 10-15 Stat + 2-4 WSD which I think either way works. It's mob and buff dependent rly
 Carbuncle.Leonaga
Server: Carbuncle
user: leona
By Carbuncle.Leonaga 2017-04-13 03:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
True, I did say I grossly oversimplified it. I can only assume he's talking about situations of Fern vs Taupe where it might be 4-5 WSD vs 10-15 Stat + 2-4 WSD which I think either way works. It's mob and buff dependent rly

actually i was wondering if my old ws set was better than the one i'm working on. i used to have the full acro set with tons of ws dmg. and i'm working indeed on some valorous pieces. i lost around 15% ws damage, but so far gained 50 str (and some accu), i was wondering if i made the switch too fast. (stupid HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE augment system really...)
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-04-13 07:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can always test old school style, Sneak Attack WS Ronfaire bunnies and see which is bigger.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-04-13 08:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't have to force a crit

seems like a terrible idea anyways.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-04-13 08:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The spreadsheets are reasonably accurate for estimating weapon skill damage, assuming you know the mob's VIT. I know that for Savage Blade, 15 STR 4 WSD seemed to outperform 10 STR 5 WSD (unless I am interpreting Nighyfyre's sets incorrectly.)
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-04-13 08:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not quite sure why spending 3 minutes in game to have a question answered is a terrible idea. This of course assumes you already have the gear pieces in question as opposed to deciding on augments.

It's been quite a while but I seem to remember it locking the pdif roll removing the rng factor you still get even in capped att/def situations making it ideal for testing gear choices on 1 hit weaponskills. It amplifies the difference but if the initial question is simply whats better between the str and wsd options it would provide a definitive answer.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-04-13 09:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You would need to spend a lot more than 3 minutes. There is randomness to WS damage, so you would need an adequate sample of both. The answer would also very depending on mob VIT so sampling isn't practical for relevant mobs.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-04-13 09:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

crits still have a randomizer. it used to be smaller than a non-crit, but that's not the case anymore.
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2017-04-21 14:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems a bit slow around here for the past few days, I was wondering if the spreadsheet has been updated with the newly added gear from the last patch (Ambush +2 gear for hiza set, AF+2/3 and Ou gears). Ive been meaning to start up some work on tweaking gearsets.

Also, DM augment for this round gave me a mabye useful piece, but im unsure how useful. Valor legs with +19 acc +11 atk +2 quad attack. obviously it is limited in its Acc, but is there anyone that has put together a set thats able to keep the haste cap with the Hahava neck, windbuffet +1, QA ring etc.? curious to see how to put something together like that for some low acc set.

Thanks for all the nice info!
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-04-21 14:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Valorous Hose with 45acc, 17att, 4da, 2qa augments that I've worked in, as well as a 2qa Valorous Mail, but it relies on Ioskeha belt and Moonlight Nodowa to maintain my 4-hit and haste cap.
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2017-04-21 14:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I have Valorous Hose with 45acc, 17att, 4da, 2qa augments that I've worked in, as well as a 2qa Valorous Mail, but it relies on Ioskeha belt and Moonlight Nodowa to maintain my 4-hit and haste cap.

That seems to be the general issue that ive been trying to figure out is how to squeeze more out haste and things out of the slots to get as much QA as possible, just doesnt seem to want to come together easy unless im just forgetting gear completely.
 Shiva.Cahota
Server: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-04-22 17:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

looking for some easy to obtain sam Racc sets, know forum outdated a bit from beginning, dont really wanna sif through every page, can hit 1050 now, know im missing a few easy pieces somewhere, if any has any sets to share TY in advance.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2017-04-28 12:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cahota said: »
looking for some easy to obtain sam Racc sets, know forum outdated a bit from beginning, dont really wanna sif through every page, can hit 1050 now, know im missing a few easy pieces somewhere, if any has any sets to share TY in advance.

ItemSet 350856
Note: NQ versions of the HQ abjuration gear will work, as well as +2/3 of the AF gear. Kobo Kote are also another decent pair of hands if no HQ for racc as well as Naga Somen(Path D) if no HQ head. Also, this is all without going for any sort of augments from Reis Gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2017-04-28 13:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Shiva.Cahota said: »

ItemSet 350856
Note: NQ versions of the HQ abjuration gear will work, as well as +2/3 of the AF gear. Kobo Kote are also another decent pair of hands if no HQ for racc as well as Naga Somen(Path D) if no HQ head. Also, this is all without going for any sort of augments from Reis Gear.

I was looking at this also not long ago, similar lineup was what I had come up with.

I think the only real changes that are also easy to obtain are:

Haverton Ring/+1 - +20 R. Acc and Snapshot as well. Depends on your current ring options that you would prefer though.

Hajduk Ring +1 - +17 R. Acc. Fairly easy to obtain depending on current server crafts and can squeeze out a few more R. Acc.

(Not easy to obtain - Regal Ring for set bonus to add +15 more r. acc. as well)

Combatant's Torque - +15 combat skills. Can be sometimes easy to obtain depending on warders being stingy.

Eschan Stone - +15 r. acc and r. atk. Can be good for a few more accuracy and an alternative to Yemaya Belt.

Ive never been able to get any worthwhile augments from reis. gear that would really seem to impact ranged accuracy for SAM though. Dark Matter augments gave me some tempting starts, but nothing really worth keeping vs. alternative options that similar/ better.
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2017-05-04 13:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont forget terminal helm option for Racc. It has MAGIC DAMAGE on it which is pretty hard to find on sam gear. helps with SC damage iirc given how aeonic works.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-05-10 00:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kendatsuba Jinpachi -

Kendatsuba Jinpachi +1 -
DEF:120 HP+88 STR+23 DEX+47 VIT+32 AGI+34 INT+19 MND+17 CHR+19 Accuracy+50 Ranged Accuracy+45 Evasion+62 Magic Evasion+101 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+6% "Triple Attack"+4% "Subtle Blow"+8 Critical hit rate +5%

Kendatsuba Samue -

Kendatsuba Samue +1 -
DEF:150 HP+122 STR+33 DEX+39 VIT+21 AGI+37 INT+24 MND+23 CHR+21 Accuracy+52 Ranged Accuracy+47 Evasion+70 Magic Evasion+117 "Magic Def. Bonus"+9 Haste+4% "Triple Attack"+6% "Subtle Blow"+12 Critical hit rate +9%

Kendatsuba Tekko -

Kendatsuba Tekko +1 -
DEF:108 HP+61 STR+14 DEX+62 VIT+37 AGI+5 INT+14 MND+28 CHR+21 Accuracy+49 Ranged Accuracy+44 Evasion+51 Magic Evasion+90 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+4% "Triple Attack"+4% "Subtle Blow"+8 Critical hit rate +5%

Kendatsuba Hakama -

Kendatsuba Hakama +1 -
DEF:132 HP+115 STR+37 DEX+5 VIT+25 AGI+33 INT+32 MND+16 CHR+12 Accuracy+51 Ranged Accuracy+46 Evasion+59 Magic Evasion+139 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 Haste+9% "Triple Attack"+5% "Subtle Blow"+10 Critical hit rate +7%

Kendatsuba Sune-Ate -

Kendatsuba Sune-Ate +1 -
DEF:81 HP+70 STR+20 DEX+44 VIT+21 AGI+44 MND+14 CHR+26 Accuracy+48 Ranged Accuracy+43 Evasion+80 Magic Evasion+139 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+3% "Triple Attack"+4% "Subtle Blow"+8 Critical hit rate +5%

New gear focuses on TA, Critical Hit Rate, DEX, Magic Evasion, and Subtle Blow (would you *** stop, SE?), lower than average STR. No STP on any pieces.

At firce glance, body, legs and feet could be worth implementing pending x-hit STP requirements, plus Hetairoi Ring's TA damage could be seeing more TAs to be buffing. Flamma +1 should still be our better head option and AF+3 hands should be kept around to maintain delay reduction cap.
 Asura.Tamamir
By Asura.Tamamir 2017-05-10 01:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The feet, legs and body are beautiful. I hopefully won't have to spend forever farming Kin for Dagon. Happy to scrap Flammagambas. Legs are the only really "questionable" option to me.

Last time I ran my sTP through a calculator I was able to drop another 15 or so fom where I'm at. Worst case i can swap in one with Amano in high accuracy. (legs?)

Happy crafting.
 Valefor.Corvin
Server: Valefor
user: wesman121
By Valefor.Corvin 2017-05-19 04:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Any gear tips for upcoming Sam, some starting gear sets? Thank you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Krazykozy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Krazykozy
By Lakshmi.Krazykozy 2017-05-21 15:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: Is Gav. Helm from Incursion still useful for Sam?

I still have it in my file for it to proc on those spec days for w/e ws I use, but I am curious if it's even worth it to use anymore for any of the jobs listed.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-05-21 15:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only still relevant for Stardiver as far as SAM uses go.
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 153 154 155