Forum » FFXI » General » List of Items obtainable through Sparks
List of Items obtainable through Sparks
First Page 2
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-12-12 12:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of us who would like to browse through these items while we are at work, would someone mind posting a list of the items with their costs?
It would be much appreciated :)
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2013-12-12 12:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/new-items/2013-12-10

Outrider, Espial, Wayfarer, Tamachtiani sets.

I "think" hands, feet, legs 3k, head and body 5k.

Eminent weapons 7k.

all those books that give straight skill up gains per use.

AF upgrade items, between 7-15k

There is a bit more, but thats what i know off the top.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2013-12-12 15:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought a skill up book just to try it.

Got a 0.3 in case anyone was wondering how much skill you get from them. (the linkshell was. That's why I got it lol)

So probably a range of around that we can assume.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-12-12 16:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's basically a forced regular skillup. I imagine it'd be useful for annoying two-handed skillups at the upper end.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
Server: Leviathan
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-12 20:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the armor basically seems kind of 'meh', and for the "set" bonus all the pieces must be worn, not just 2 or 3.

I guess it's good for anyone who needs iLevel 117 or so defensive gear and don't yet have anything better from skirmish/delve/etc.

The Eminent bow/gun/crossbow though kind of makes the expensive crafted weapons useless if you're a rng job (ie: useless in the sense of, no one is going to pay 7mil for Echida's or 12 mil for Donderbuss when you can get an equivalent[marginally] weapon for 7k sparks, especially since the latent extra dmg is just simply having TP under 100%).

I only see the 200 sparks skillup pages being mainly useful if you're like just a few points shy of capping them.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-12-12 20:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Haruhigumi said: »
I guess it's good for anyone who needs iLevel 117 or so defensive gear and don't yet have anything better from skirmish/delve/etc.
That is the point. It's solo content for people who cannot or will not party, thus they get some kind of stopgap that retains the necessary stat vomit to maintain a semblance of parity.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-12 20:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Leviathan.Haruhigumi said: »
That is the point. It's solo content for people who cannot or will not party, thus they get some kind of stopgap that retains the necessary stat vomit to maintain a semblance of parity.

And perhaps more survivability to avoid the 200th total wipe in a Yumcax battle when half the folks are either MPKing the weak, or only showing up with empy armor.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-12-13 07:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an idea on how the latent effect is activated with these eminent weapons?

And thank you Stunx. I looked at it when I got home yesterday and I remember these:

Skill-up tomes - 200
feet/gloves/head - 3000
legs/body - 5000
weapons - 7000
Rem chapters 1 thru 5 - 7000 (or was it 7500?)
Rem chapters 6 thru 10 - 15000
1000 conquest points, allied notes, imperial standing, sparks, etc - 1 Copper A.M.A.N voucher

Don't really care about the level 1-50 equipment.

I'm interested in upgrading my ilvl 109 reforged gear to ilvl 119, but dang that is a LOT of spark farming if you aren't doing the AA battles.
You need 8 chapters at 15k each = 120k per upgrade = 600k sparks per job.
If you're not doing the SKCNM fights for Chapters 1-5 then buying 5 of those at 7k each = 35k per upgrade = 175k sparks per job.

I was recently reading how people were saying there is no use in grouping anymore because you can solo almost everything now. I think that maybe a lot more has been made available to the solo player, but shoot... farming 775,000 sparks for each job's new AF gear... that sounds horrendously tedious.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-12-13 08:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Latent effect on them is TP <100% if I'm not mistaken.

BTW you'll pretty much have to do the Ark Angel fights if you want +1s, unless you're ready to drop millions while people are in a frenzy (they use new crafting mats found only from the BC).

And really, I don't mind that they made farming everything up solo would be a dumb idea- the important thing is to have it there so when I log in and I go "eh, don't feel like partying today" I can just go out and do random things. (I wouldn't recommend buying the chapters for NQ, those fights are really, really easy)

I think it's funny how they chose like the most generic models possible for the welfare gear, guess the motivation to get out of it would be to not look like a level 1 character. Why's my XIV in my XI? It's just too bad they didn't add a Bronze Harness il set.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2013-12-13 08:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
It's just too bad they didn't add a Bronze Harness il set.

Don't give them any ideas like that PLEASE!
 Siren.Kentai
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2013-12-13 10:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The 1-50 equipment could be useful if you're like me and still want to bring some jobs up without abyssea, especially since we have trust buddies now. No one crafts this low level gear anymore. Even if it's only NQ, this is a much better option to me than having to track down a crafter for something.

Also, if you like tweaking your adventuring fellow, some of the weapons in that 1-50 are tradeable for your npc. I wanted a mikazuki great katana recently and had to shell out 80k and find a crafter to make it because they couldn't be bought from npc, but it's in this list for very little sparks. I just wish they would have gone from 50-60 gear as well, since the final great katana model for npc (hagun) is obtained by trashing a kiku-ichimonji (a horrid gkt that can usually only be bought through npc for around 400k). It would have been great to have that in the list ^^;
 Fenrir.Unaisis
Server: Fenrir
user: Sansui
By Fenrir.Unaisis 2013-12-13 11:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Though not exactly from sparks, you can get any 1 LVL 115 armor/weapon from any of the WildKeepers when you get all the Key Items via RoE~ and getting the Key items again once spent is possible~ so technically it is repeatable.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-12-13 11:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I only person first read the title as "Items obtainable through spanks" ?
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-12-13 11:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

And really, I don't mind that they made farming everything up solo would be a dumb idea- the important thing is to have it there so when I log in and I go "eh, don't feel like partying today" I can just go out and do random things. (I wouldn't recommend buying the chapters for NQ, those fights are really, really easy)

They don't have to make everything obtainable solo. Before SoA I log on every night for 1~2hr and solo dyna, and still able to obtain empy/mythic by sellng dyna money. But if I want best gears in every slot I'd have to do NNI/legion and so on.

If I want to solo I still had the choice(work on legendary weapons) , but the game still reward players party with others by offering gears only coming from group content.

RoE pretty much give every best gears solo. I'd like half of the best gear soloable and half of them come from group content, not Mythic AND 119 AF all soloable.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-12-13 11:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Anyone have an idea on how the latent effect is activated with these eminent weapons?

And thank you Stunx. I looked at it when I got home yesterday and I remember these:

Skill-up tomes - 200
feet/gloves/head - 3000
legs/body - 5000
weapons - 7000
Rem chapters 1 thru 5 - 7000 (or was it 7500?)
Rem chapters 6 thru 10 - 15000
1000 conquest points, allied notes, imperial standing, sparks, etc - 1 Copper A.M.A.N voucher

Don't really care about the level 1-50 equipment.

I'm interested in upgrading my ilvl 109 reforged gear to ilvl 119, but dang that is a LOT of spark farming if you aren't doing the AA battles.
You need 8 chapters at 15k each = 120k per upgrade = 600k sparks per job.
If you're not doing the SKCNM fights for Chapters 1-5 then buying 5 of those at 7k each = 35k per upgrade = 175k sparks per job.

I was recently reading how people were saying there is no use in grouping anymore because you can solo almost everything now. I think that maybe a lot more has been made available to the solo player, but shoot... farming 775,000 sparks for each job's new AF gear... that sounds horrendously tedious.

Forgot:

Riftborn Boulder/Beitetsu/Pluton for 2 voucher pages.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-13 14:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Latent effect on them is TP <100% if I'm not mistaken.

Yea it is. And Weaponskills should count as 0% TP so the latent would be active during them too. I've only been messing with the ranged set of eminent weapons, but I like em so far, I don't have an Illapas yet, however I think the eminent crossbow tends to do better than the (115) Atetepeyorg I have from WKR, faster too, not quite as fast as a one-eyed but pretty close (but still ranger only, so one-eye still has some value to anyone who plays thief).

PS: That Eminent Crossbow, being faster on the delay is good for those sparks quests if you can get an ammo and mob combination that factors out to higher than 500+ damage per shot (the quest doesn't care about experience yeidling either, so you could easily shoot up a field of level 1 mobs and still get credit per).
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-13 14:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Unaisis said: »
Though not exactly from sparks, you can get any 1 LVL 115 armor/weapon from any of the WildKeepers when you get all the Key Items via RoE~ and getting the Key items again once spent is possible~ so technically it is repeatable.

Well 3x max from what I understand, the first three, you get a 105 drop, the next two you get a 115 drop from those, then if you do all of them again (not sure kamhir drift was included in that) you get another selection of 115, but beyond that, I don't think there's anymore prizes yet. (and by then you'd most likely have the piece you'd want if you've participated enough).
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-12-13 14:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the library quest system you're thinking of Haruhigumi.

There is an RoE quest reward system that lets you pick from all of the 115 WKR gear from one of the RoE NPCs everytime you collect 6 paragon KI's.

Before the WKR is dead, Objectives>Content>Wildskeeper Reives>Subjugation: "XXXX". When it dies you will get a "Paragon KI". If it's not set you wont receive a paragon KI. They are repeatable.

*Also you can enter when the WKR is 20% HP or less and if the objective is set you will get KI. Entered a Yumcax this morning @15% and received Paragon KI.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-13 15:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Thats the library quest system you're thinking of Haruhigumi.

There is an RoE quest reward system that lets you pick from all of the 115 WKR gear from one of the RoE NPCs everytime you collect 6 paragon KI's.

Before the WKR is dead, Objectives>Content>Wildskeeper Reives>Subjugation: "XXXX". When it dies you will get a "Paragon KI". If it's not set you wont receive a paragon KI. They are repeatable.

*Also you can enter when the WKR is 20% HP or less and if the objective is set you will get KI. Entered a Yumcax this morning @15% and received Paragon KI.

Hrm interesting.
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2013-12-13 15:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, so that's what the Paragons are for. Nice. I was wondering.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-13 18:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mlrlohki said: »
Ahh, so that's what the Paragons are for. Nice. I was wondering.

Yea I may just do that for an Uk' cap, only 115 armor piece I don't have from WKR in general, assuming it doesn't drop the next Hurkan run there is. (if only we could do that for JSE capes too lol).
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-13 21:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Most of the armor basically seems kind of 'meh', and for the "set" bonus all the pieces must be worn, not just 2 or 3.

It's basically pearl gear for people who can't get into delve shouts. It lets you get some decently functional gear while doing solo stuff, not the best by far but functional enough that your not left leagues behind.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-12-14 01:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
They don't have to make everything obtainable solo. Before SoA I log on every night for 1~2hr and solo dyna, and still able to obtain empy/mythic by sellng dyna money. But if I want best gears in every slot I'd have to do NNI/legion and so on.

If I want to solo I still had the choice(work on legendary weapons) , but the game still reward players party with others by offering gears only coming from group content.

RoE pretty much give every best gears solo. I'd like half of the best gear soloable and half of them come from group content, not Mythic AND 119 AF all soloable.

I honestly don't see the problem. The amount of grinding it takes to get your AFv2 just through sparks is ridiculous, it's not even worth it. You'll get it like at least 10x faster doing it in a group, so I don't really care if someone decided to spend hours and hours grinding just so they can get the same gear. I think they balanced it correctly.

I do think it was kinda silly to give such high level armor through sparks, mostly because it defeats the whole purpose of Peacekeepers and Wildskeeper gear and such- but most of it is really vanilla (it has almost no stats other than statvomit) so if you were just wearing the spark i117 you'd be pretty bad.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-14 03:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't finish an item entirely from sparks, but they are very nice to finish off missing pages when you're getting them for free while farming merits anyways. I've used my sparks to help finish off 2 +1s already!
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-12-14 06:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they should raise that cap to @ least to be able to store enough for 8 chapters (120k sparks)
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-14 11:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The cap is pretty annoying, I keep filling up on my mules.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-12-14 13:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

what weapons and armors are available though this? Theres a ton of them on the new items list, gotta think that they are not all from sparks.
 Shiva.Moogleking
By Shiva.Moogleking 2013-12-14 13:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
what weapons and armors are available though this? Theres a ton of them on the new items list, gotta think that they are not all from sparks.
Emminent wpns, outrider, espial and wayfarer armor and a few skill up armor pieces.
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2013-12-14 16:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

People are being overly sniffy about the armour sets I think. Their stats are better than unaugmented delve and skirmish gear, which is very nice considering the absolutely minimal effort required to buy them. High def and eva makes them fine soloing pieces, and in fact good for any situation where maxing out dps matters less than all-round survivability.
 Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2013-12-14 16:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

they simply for "ilvl idle" sets, which many people dont use yet but do make a difference, and a huge difference on old content.
First Page 2