Ok...It Has To Be Said..

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ok...It has to be said..
Ok...It has to be said..
 Siren.Khellendros
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Khellendros 2008-10-29 13:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a pretty good point Jaerik, I had never thought of it in that perspective. I've always viewed crafting (for the most part) with respect, since those who have it spent the time and effort working to finish it. I knew there were those who powered through with money, but those I'm fortunate enough to know people with high crafts that worked toward it by farming a lot of their materials, which earned a lot of the respect mentioned earlier.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2008-10-29 14:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

2fold but you can get the idea.

Dubont said:
@ Cymmina, you laugh at 10k for Nebs? What do u think they should be? 4k? People like that, that think everything should be nothing, are the reason why all the farmable items are going down in price, therefore making it harder and harder to actually GET good gil in this game. Another example of human stupidity ruining other's gameplay.

If you're crafting, FARM THE MATS! It's simple and easy and a hella lot cheaper. Yes Nebs can be 4k a stack if you're fishing up half the ocean. So what if some farmable material is cheap? They're going to hit a point where they need/want to farm it themselves or empty your gilpouch. Look at Zinc Ore and Saruta Cotton. It is NOT hard to get good gil in the game if you take the time and effort. You can spend about 2hours in most areas, NPC or AH your drops and get 250-500k. you just have to know where to go.

Dubont said:
and yes, i understand there needs to be undercutting for the game to remain balanced...but..its gotten out of hand. 2 years ago silk thread on remora was a little over 20k. Now you are lucky to get it to sell for 4k a stack! IT's ridiculous. People need to know when to stop. Undercutting 10-15k at a time is out of the question. Just pure ignorance..all that is..

Silk Thread is chump change for you if it was that 2years ago. Same timeframe it was 200k a STACK in Windy on Fairy. Jeuno was even worse. I never looked at undercutting as a balance but it makes sense iin some ways.

Next you'll be telling me how stupid it is to buy something in a bazaar for 1/2 the AH price, only to resell it on the AH for more. (Something I know some people have done)
 Cerberus.Radaghast
Server: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2008-10-29 15:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lethewaters said:
Next you'll be telling me how stupid it is to buy something in a bazaar for 1/2 the AH price, only to resell it on the AH for more. (Something I know some people have done)

It's easy to see the motive behind the OP's comment. He's asshurt because other people have decent ways of making gil, and he doesn't.

I quoted the bazaar comment because I felt it illustrates the key fundamental behind FFXI's ecconomy.

Items are only worth what players are willing to pay for, or to let go.

The items themselves have little to no value.

Let's look at the scroll of Erase as an example.

I remember when I got it.. it cost me 1,000,000g.

Now-a-days they're 5k. Why? Because supply pwnd demand. Thus, the "value" of the item fell through the floor. On the same note. If I'm crafting cursed gear, and I HQ a D.log, chances are I WILL undercut just because it's profit for me either way. Greedy? Nah... it's simple eccononomics.

I'm not here to purposely *** over other crafters, but I'm still looking out for numero uno, if you know what I mean. That is the capitalist buisness model.

My question to the OP is... if Gas station A has gas 30cents cheaper than Gas Station B... are you still going to Station B just because it SHOULD cost more?

.... I didn't think so.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2008-10-29 23:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Look people..act like you have a brain for once. If something is a rare item, dont put it up for oh..4k..5k..NO! Rare items..or fish that take skill to catch say...Nebimonites or Black sole shouldnt be put on AH for 4k and 8k. Nebs should be about 10k and black sole about 20k. Do you people do that? NO!!! You lower the prices on AH so you get sell faster. Why? Because you're stupid, greedy, and highly impatient. WAIT YOUR DAMN TURN!! If something sells fast, such as the fish, it WONT take long for you to sell if you just put it up for a decent price. One more thing, stop blaming RMT for your own mistakes. RMT dont bring prices down. Sorry...but thats the truth. They WANT more money, therefore they will sell for higher, then u smart *** come in and bring down the prices. Yea..and you people wonder why half of the Remora server left FFXI to go play WoW -.-

lol thats right, sell the fish to a high price so the ppl that make your sushi have to put your food up for a higher price, that way you will not be happy when a stack of sole sushi will cost you 30k, will it?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-10-30 10:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The economy is in a current state of FLux...

...so i would just go with the punches and deal like everyone else is..

The other day I out up my teleport: Vahzl Scroll for 100K then was the only one with the scroll up..then there were 6 more and my scroll got sent back to reveal I was getting undercut...

... just have to get in there like the rest of the buzzards and play hard like at the stock exchange... you want your stuff to sell sell... do what you have to do...

If you want control on ah on stuff.. then stop ur griping.. and PWN.
 Fairy.Sukasaroth
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Sukasaroth 2008-10-30 13:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lolfairy
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Alexander.Jammingjamie
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Jammingjamie 2008-12-04 00:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

rofl, this looks like the same posts i keep replying to. it comes down to: raise the ah price instead of posting in a forum about it, quit the game, or learn how to use the ah. Since i doubt any of these people complaining are crafters... check out these names on Alexander. Kappy, Leet, Welt, Pmm. If it wasnt for undercuts you'd be paying those prices. *of course silk cloths might still be 200k a stack so...* Are you a whm who owns a noble's tunic? Used to sell for an easy 13M when i started. flame and snow rings? older players remember these prices. undercutting and/or price reductions is just an example of how your server is growing and aging.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2008-12-06 02:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The majority of people posting in this thread need to buy the following book, read the section on supply and demand, then man up and accept that they can't fix prices in a free market economy. Yes, even if you complain about it on the internet.

User submitted image

It would be nice if people had to learn at least some basic economics before post-secondary.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2008-12-06 06:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammitch is right. Sorry guys. Somethings in the world do not fix themselves and bend the laws that bind our world together just because you rant and rave about it on an internet forum (Sorry fanboys).
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2008-12-06 12:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I take this thread to one of my more recent happenings in game.. My brother quit, let me raid his account, he had a lot of the mainstream Melee gear, that's usually ALWAYS listed.. Now that gear usually sells fast but on the 100k+ items, I still listed them about 10k under.. And people still bought a few of the items, for full price. In another case, someone did buy my lower listed item, and I kid you not, it took about 5 seconds to sell. To me, that was pretty awesome lol.

Now who's to say I'm greedy, for listing "undercutted" items? Even if I listed the lower price, just to make it sell faster, guess what?? People still bought them for full price, face it, some people just go ahead and bid the going price without checking for lower one first.. And as Jaerik said earlier, for instance my Item was Scorpion harness, they are selling for 110 to 120k, and mine sold for 109k, so it was like me losing out on gil, to get it faster, how is that greedy? Greedy would be me listing a SH for 160k, when its going for 120k... I'm not disappointed, and Ive seen SH go to 97k on our server before, it just fluctuates. That's the key word, If you don't like the price things are selling at, wait it out and watch the prices, if they keep going lower, try and wait until there are few on AH, then list a bunch at a higher price (at least, a considerable one). If the item starts to go up, try not to sell in a bulk, since by the time that all of your item is listed, someone else out there might have already undercut, and you're going to get all your items returned to you.

My point is, just watch and wait.

As for the popular farmables and fish, Silk, Sole, etc..
The people who complain most are usually the people who are set in their ways, and never really strayed from finding one way to make gil.
there are great farming spots where you dont have to get items that are 100k a stack to make almost 200k an hour. It just takes some expiramenting.

Not crashing on anyone in my post, just giving my point of view ^^

and for a tip, Try farming things that sell at an OK price to an NPC, rather than spending hours and hours on slower drop rate items that people have mangled the price to... then a lot more people could make money a bit faster, and be able to afford the items without the need to bid on undercut ones.
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2008-12-08 12:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Aikar said:
Undercutting is not a problem, people not knowing how to undercut is the problem.

If an item is 1k, you undercut 10-20g max.
If an item is 8k, you undercut 100g max.
If an item is 20k, you undercut 500-2000g max.
If an item is 100k, you undercut 1-4k max.
If an item is 1mil, you undercut 9k max.

I think that should be programmed into the game. If someone puts an item up, they can sell it for 9m gil, 8.9m gil, or even 8.95m, but not 8,999,999 gil. Basically, you would only allow to change the most significant digits.

It would not help the smart people like us, but it would be a lot more fair to your average player and make the economy more stable.
 Unicorn.Gunblade
Server: Unicorn
user: Koshin
By Unicorn.Gunblade 2008-12-08 12:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Games economy will always be in flux.
It will always soar or flop.
You guys will always be complaining about how your idea of things should be sold according to you.
But fact remains:
The AH is an always will be used by ppl to make A PROFIT selling things to you, that you dont want to go get yourselves, regardless of over pricing, or undercutting. They want their crap to sell consistantly and fast.
Most are just P.O.'ed anyways they bought something for 50k and now its only worth 30k.
Undercutting sucks... but get over it.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-08 12:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont want to get undercut wait till 0 in stock and raise price. Otherwise its tough luck.