Question About FFXIV Services...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Question about FFXIV services...
Question about FFXIV services...
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2013-07-27 16:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, heres the deal. I bought FFXIV 1.0, however many years ago it was that it came out. I didnt bother playing it much though..
Anyway, i was doing the beta stuff recently and then bought the pre order for it, to get early access. Now, ive been told that you already have the game basically and early access if you bought 1.0. I didnt know that... so have i just wasted £20 buying it again? I just registered the code and it went through fine... now i have two XIV services linked to me SE account... I dont undrstand the point in that. If i already have the service why did it let me register again? :s Does anyone know if you can log into two XIV accounts, registered to the same SE, at the same time? If so, not a problem, i can give someone my SE details and they can essentially get the game for free, or is there some other way to cancel it? Im not sure, but has the payment already gone through for pre orders or does it come off when its released? Im so confused and i dont even know if this is making any sense to anyone... Sigh
By Zenaku14 2013-07-27 17:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Early access is from the pre-order itself so far i'm hearing it's around 5days long. But beta4 which is open beta would also save what you do and that would also be a few days long so you get even a more of a early access.

But to get the other early access you need to get the Pre-order code which also give you the items. Or if your a legacy you get early access without pre-ordering.

Now how it work in FFXIV 1.0 if you log in with your FFXIV account with other IP it would set you a email to restart your PW. So giving someone your information to log in would mess that up unless they live in the same house with the same IP.

Also if you every want to play it on PS3 you also have to buy a PS3 copy and link it to one of your service account to have access to the PS3 version.
By Thunderz 2013-07-27 17:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you registered the early access code

I don't think they gave people their REG codes yet

Ask for a refund
By Zenaku14 2013-07-27 20:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said: »
Sounds like you registered the early access code

I don't think they gave people their REG codes yet

Ask for a refund

You can't even add codes yet lol. So not sure what he used lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-28 10:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

On your receipt, there is a website printed under the code. You go to that website and type in your email address, then Square-Enix will email you when you can input your early access code.

As for the re-buying bit, all 1.0 owners will be able to freely download A Realm Reborn. However, you do get two bonus items for preordering (Mog Cap and Cait Sith minion.) If you had preordered the collectors edition, you get extra items from that as well. (Physical items like artwork and such, then in game items. Warrior of Light helm, Coeurl mount, Behemoth chocobo barding, Baby Behemoth minion.)

Something to note on that; if you pre-order the PC collector's edition, you would not be able to use the codes on an existing Square-Enix account (1.0/Legacy). However, if it's PS3 collector's edition, the codes will be usable on the Legacy/1.0 account via registering the PS3 copy on the same account.

Honestly, I own 1.0 and just went ahead and pre-ordered the collector's edition for the physical items...

Now, moving on to eslim's questions;

The code you received was an early access code. Since you said you already own 1.0, you'd be able to play early access without it (to the best of my knowledge.) If not, well you have the code. Can just use that lol.

The pre-order only allows early access if you received a code. Which, unless they have a set limit to how many people can receive the code, should be everyone.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-07-28 13:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i can't get the behemoth barding and warrior helmet on my 1.0 char? wuuut

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-28 17:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »
i can't get the behemoth barding and warrior helmet on my 1.0 char? wuuut

I might have worded something incorrectly, so I'll retype it.

1.0/Legacy characters can not use codes for a PC Collector's Edition on their accounts. You could, however, use the digital upgrade option to obtain the same items. But then you'd be paying more than just buying the PS3 Collector's Edition, since you can go ahead and register that onto your 1.0/Legacy Square-Enix account. Direct quote;

Quote:
You will receive the pre-order items, but the registration code for the Windows collector’s edition cannot be used with a pre-existing Windows service account. To receive the in game items for the collector’s edition, please use the digital upgrade.

However, the PS3 version can be registered to an existing Windows account, which would allow you to receive the collector’s edition items.
Source: FFXIV Gamer Escape (I can hunt down the forum topic on the FFXIV forums where a dev rep says the exact same thing if you wish)

Also, if you just buy the PC collector's edition for $69.99 just to get the physical items, then drop another $19.99 for the digital upgrade... Well, you could just spend $79.99 for the PS3 collector's edition and save the extra 10 dollars. Or if you don't give two hoots about the physical items
(
(Specially made box, Art Book of ARR images, special Seventh Umbral Era dvd(provides more backstory about the begining of the Seventh Umbral Era), soundtrack from A Realm Reborn, some art cards, and A Realm Reborn FFXIV theme security token))

Then you can just buy the digital upgrade. I guess overall that's cheaper... BUT DAT ART BOOK/SOUNDTRACK (`w`)

btw you can just register the PS3 account, then deactivate it after you've collected your collector's edition in-game items from the mail Moogle. This way you don't have to keep paying for both accounts. >_>;
 Carbuncle.Ianpyst
Server: Carbuncle
user: ianpyst
By Carbuncle.Ianpyst 2013-07-29 15:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Then you can just buy the digital upgrade. I guess overall that's cheaper... BUT DAT ART BOOK/SOUNDTRACK (`w`)

I am failing pretty hard at the moment, but where can I buy the digital upgrade?
 Quetzalcoatl.Nycon
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nycon
By Quetzalcoatl.Nycon 2013-07-29 16:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok sorry if this is a stupid question, but I had never purchased a digital download copy before.

My question is, is the download only available on the 27th? Because they didn't give me codes or downloads for the game. Only early access and pre-order code for items. Will I get the codes on the 27th also? Ordered from SE's online store.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Nycon
By Quetzalcoatl.Nycon 2013-07-29 17:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Nycon said: »
Ok sorry if this is a stupid question, but I had never purchased a digital download copy before.

My question is, is the download only available on the 27th? Because they didn't give me codes or downloads for the game. Only early access and pre-order code for items. Will I get the codes on the 27th also? Ordered from SE's online store.
SE will activate service of FFXIV either on the release date (or at early release date) for the game and in-game items, they'll either send everyone an email for early access to tell you you can activate your FFXIV service or (hopefully) just tell everyone in a directors letter soon.

Ok, I assume they would send an email saying here is your code and you can download on the 27th.. However I got no code. So they will send the code when it launches? I did get the pre-order code, but not game and collectors edition codes.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Nycon
By Quetzalcoatl.Nycon 2013-07-29 17:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought my order from gamestop and from what I assume is I gotta wait until SE allows us to apply codes to our accounts via inside the game itself (like pol menu) or from our SE accounts like I did for Seeker's expansion that was a digital download from gamestop (granted it was a new ffxi registration account so it might be different).

Did gamestop send you all 3 codes right away? Because SE's online store only sent me 1.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-07-29 18:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i bought the ps3 version... but i also bought the pc collectors edition, and a normal edition on accident, while already having a 1.0...so many! I might activate the second collectors as a mule account, and the ps3 one, put the code on my main, to get the items on my 1.0 char...might just give away the other game, if i can't figure out how to stop my order
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-07-29 18:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

"Players who own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition will receive the FFXIV: ARR Collector’s Edition in-game bonus items (Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Behemoth Barding, and Coeurl Mount) for free. The in-game bonus items will be delivered via Moogle Letter when FFXIV: ARR launches." ***, i'm dumb

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Nycon
By Quetzalcoatl.Nycon 2013-07-29 20:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Nycon said: »
Did gamestop send you all 3 codes right away? Because SE's online store only sent me 1.
I bought the CE version after buying the normal one (traded the amount to the CE and paid the difference- normal version receipt had codes on it, but the CE version receipt didn't have any and they might not have anything to do with each other either lol) and they told me I'll get the codes on 08/26 from the gamestop store I bought got the preorder from, so I'm guessing SE will just send them out to you in an email soon.

Thank you for your replies!
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-30 00:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ianpyst said: »
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

I am failing pretty hard at the moment, but where can I buy the digital upgrade?

It should be available at launch... I think. I know it's listed on the pre-order site though...

Click on this and then click on Pricing/Platforms

Quote:
Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade** (Requires Base Game) $19.99

** The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to digital Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ianpyst
Server: Carbuncle
user: ianpyst
By Carbuncle.Ianpyst 2013-07-30 09:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Mizuharu, I am getting that. Without a doubt.