(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 203 204 205
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-23 16:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Also something else about Lib AG, I noticed on the BGwiki page it says "Does not stack with other Absorb enhancing gear such as Black Cuisses.". Does this mean all Absorb enhancing equipment is useless with it? Does it mean something like Chuparrosa Mantle is only good for the +20 sec duration?
 Asura.Bloodlusty
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2016-10-23 17:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My average insurgencys are 20k plus. Have hit them up to 37k, I know throve has hit harder
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-10-23 21:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Also something else about Lib AG, I noticed on the BGwiki page it says "Does not stack with other Absorb enhancing gear such as Black Cuisses.". Does this mean all Absorb enhancing equipment is useless with it? Does it mean something like Chuparrosa Mantle is only good for the +20 sec duration?
That's definitely wrong.
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-24 02:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bloodlusty said: »
My average insurgencys are 20k plus. Have hit them up to 37k, I know throve has hit harder
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-10-24 02:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

my LS did Escha-Zitah clear, melee style yesterday.
I should have taken Screenshot but the parse was like:
WSAVG:
18000 (80) Cicion RUN Resolution
17500 (81) Lewyo BLU Chant du cygne
16500 (105) Ganno DRK Insurgency
14000 (101) Czephiroth DRG not sure of the ws but has aeonic
12000 (90) Seizan SAM
11500 (85) Twigberry SAM

So Insurgency is good, not too far from Almace BLU or Lionheart ws DMG.
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2016-10-24 04:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We need to get the Asura DRK parse done, I get asked this everyday now lol

Please leave a name if you wish to be in the parse. Will schedule it for Friday night 22:00 GMT

Bloodlusty
Thorva
Ganno
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-24 07:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
That's definitely wrong.

Why would someone go to the trouble of putting it and bolding those words if it wasn't true? Can we get some clarification?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-10-24 08:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Funkworkz seems to have added that text, so I recommend asking him.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-24 08:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Please leave a name if you wish to be in the parse. Will schedule it for Friday night 22:00 GMT

Bloodlusty
Thorva
Ganno

Is this for AG lib or any DRK AG weapon?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-24 08:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Umisame said: »
Asura.Azagarth said: »
What unity is best for drk?

I have been told sylvie, but I am unsure what geo spells she will do for drk (my other jobs are nin blu blm). If its some bs like refresh... ill have to pass.

I currently have used apu for like a year, the curaga is just so nice, but I have been wanting to toy around a bit.

My normal trusts are apu, KoH, qultada, Ulima, August (or koran if im tank).

I assume with sylvie I will need to remove ulima for a healer, who do you all use if you dont have apu?

Sylvie uses Fury/frailty and can use haste and refresh that i know.

I like Karaha as healer, but he has two bad things, he uses AOE dmg and he is near of mob.

In addition to those spells for DRK, Sylvie also has an Acc check on certain mobs and will whip out Precision to help you make up the difference. I specifically remember her using this on Apex mobs.

So she's a really good support trust, if you can survive with Cherukiki/Nashmeira II/Karaha healing.
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2016-10-24 09:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Anything, just some fun
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-24 11:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can AG Rag if I'm online. Probably will get mopped though :P
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-24 11:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodlusty
Thorva
Ganno

I don't even have lib yet, I just dumped all my gil into mythic AG Murgleis and blurred +1 knife, so worth it though....

Can AG Rag if I'm online. Probably will get mopped though :P
Doubt that, you have a solid drk, Azagarth was telling me you guys did a few runs together.

Bloodlusty
Thorva
Ganno
I believe that is 3 p.m. my time here in cali, I should be good for that.

So far this is my best ws, of course I was super buffed with idris geos, double cor, double r/e/m brds. Normally I only pull about 35k-40k on kirin/kouryu. Just got lucky and proc some multi-hit this reso.
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2016-10-24 11:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodlusty
Thorva
Ganno

i'll bring AG rag DRK with 5/5 argosy +1 if im about
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-24 12:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I would really love to see the ws avg diff between argosy+1 and NQ, so count me in :D WIll be fun to play around with.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-10-24 13:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
I would really love to see the ws avg diff between argosy+1 and NQ, so count me in :D WIll be fun to play around with.

The STR isn't that different (13? assuming all path A except D on hands?) to it will come down to the Attack, Accuracy, and Set Bonus. Basically it means that the more buffs you have (fury/frailty/minuet/precision/torpor/etc etc) the less of a difference it will be. Even the set bonus won't pull you ahead by very much because of the cap of 2 multi attack procs in a weaponskill.
By Teimoli 2016-10-24 13:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel so out of place when reading these forums. I'm lucky to hit 20k resolutions right now. My ragnarok isn't AG yet and my gear is lacking, so that could explain things. I'm curious if anyone has done any testing on building critical rate for resolution. We have access to a lot of critical rate gear now with flamma gloves +1, heathen cuirass +1, yetshila, thereoid greaves, etc. It most likely won't be viable but it sounds fun on paper.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-24 13:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Resolution can't critical without the use of crit-forcing JAs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-24 13:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Teimoli said: »
I feel so out of place when reading these forums. I'm lucky to hit 20k resolutions right now. My ragnarok isn't AG yet and my gear is lacking, so that could explain things. I'm curious if anyone has done any testing on building critical rate for resolution. We have access to a lot of critical rate gear now with flamma gloves +1, heathen cuirass +1, yetshila, thereoid greaves, etc. It most likely won't be viable but it sounds fun on paper.

As far as I'm concerned, its 100% useless. Resolution is not a crit weaponskill, and tp does not give it a chance to increase critical hits, but rather increases modifier. The only way to force crits on Reso is Sneak Attack (first hit) and Might Strikes (all 5). You should be gearing STR, ACC, DA, and Attk for Resolution.

Edit: Beaten
By Teimoli 2016-10-24 13:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been building for STR, just haven't got lucky with drops or augments yet. I always seem to forget about WS needing to be a critical WS for rate to matter.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-24 13:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm missing 2 HQ Argosy pieces Thorva, so it will certainly fall behind.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-10-24 13:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't feel bad, as has been said most of the situations that people talk about in here are high buff. (which sometimes people do forget to mention) As a resident non-RMEA DRK I tend to just stick to Torcleaver since I know the damage will be consistent. Reso is fun when buffed out the wazzu but honestly in low-man or soloing situations with trusts it's pretty meh.

Yeah I said it! :D
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-24 14:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

When I solo'd apex on pre-rag DRK, I always used scythe and saw faster kills than resolution. It was a fun 5-step, and it made drain2/3 a really neat tool for tanking, especially when paired with Dread Spikes. With that being said, Shantotto II is a much better trust when you're 3-5 stepping skillchains, whether it be GS or Scythe. The only problem is you can't make GS 5-step light without Rag.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-10-24 14:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a huge bonus from the 304 base dmg on AG Ragnarok from the 230~ at i119. From there the augments are key to any Valorous/Odyssean piece you want to use in a Resolution build. ACC-STR/ATTACK/DA probably in that order is what you want to shoot for.

EDIT: The Flamma +1 has decent STR and ACC but you will notice the lack of Attack and with the attack penalty on Resolution you won't see those crazy numbers unless you are buffed to high heavens. Beyond that Sulevia's gear set has a good mixture of STR/ACC/ATT but only the hands and legs have multi-attack.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-10-24 15:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodlusty
Thorva
Ganno

I'll be there as a referee.. No biting allowed. Disqualified on the spot if I see you guys start ***.. :P

When too many hyper-power DRKs come together, some crazy ***happens..
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-24 15:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry yourself too much on what numbers other people are hitting just yet, it will take time and lots of gil to hit those numbers. Just make clear goals and work on them one at a time. Otherwise you will hit a massive overload and potentially give up.

As for non-AG rag, don't use it. Macbain will beat that. Crit reso isn't going to happen without /thf, which really isn't worth the loss of /sam to me. Some people might find it fun and useful, but the fact that you are waiting on SA/TA timers pushes /thf further down the list.

I'm missing 2 HQ Argosy pieces Thorva, so it will certainly fall behind.
I am actually still missing body/legs HQ. I haven't been working on drk lately, spent so much time working on rdm, sch, run, cor that drk actually got put on the back burner for a while.

Asura.Syto said: »
I'll be there as a referee.. No biting allowed. Disqualified on the spot if I see you guys start ***.. :P
When too many hyper-power DRKs come together, some crazy stuff happens..
I bite, this is a known fact.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-24 15:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Skip that damn Macbain, go buy a Zulfiqar from a merc. 5m and you can get more bang for your buck with the stones (which are easily farmable solo). The augment system on Macbain is so embarrassingly pathetic, you might end up spending 20-30m worth of stones for augmenting. May as well just save up for AG in that case. Zulfiqar seems easier to augment.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-24 15:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Skip that damn Macbain, go buy a Zulfiqar from a merc. 5m and you can get more bang for your buck with the stones (which are easily farmable solo). The augment system on Macbain is so embarrassingly pathetic, you might end up spending 20-30m worth of stones for augmenting. May as well just save up for AG in that case. Zulfiqar seems easier to augment.

Yeah I completely overlooked Zulfigar, I was fortunate enough to have rag ag before I made it to t2 reisen nms.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-24 16:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's odd to me that people overlook Zulfiqar. If accuracy isn't an issue, Zulfiqar(with very good augments) will put out stronger Resolutions and Torcleavers than Ragnarok. Ragnarok just wins out with being able to multistep due to Scourge(Depending on party this might not be relevant) and better white damage. In a situation where you are just one part of the chain( /thf and closing a double light with Torcleaver comes to mind) Zulfiqar can be the better choice. Depends on augments though. Dark Matter Zulfiqar could perhaps be the best greatsword behind Lionheart, but I can't imagine anyone playing that shitty augment game.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2016-10-24 17:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are you using /thf and closing double light?
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 203 204 205