(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 139 140 141 ... 203 204 205
 Shiva.Fendarin
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-20 11:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 352819

mail = vit +8 acc +27 STP +7 Ody Legs = acc +29 att+8 STP+7 Valour boots = vit +3 acc +15 STP +8 Ankou = DA10 dex +20 acc/att+30 caped haste stp +62 in gear DA 32 TA 4 QA 3 Acc 1192
note: for now would i be better off swap hands for sulev gauntlets +2 and use a stp ring to keep 5 hit? would be 6 more DA but losing QA . what would be better?
true upgrade: aina collar and then i can use sulev hands and Niq ring other than that not sure what else i can do without big dosh upgrades any suggestion/help would be great

ItemSet 352831

Acc 1199 DA 52% QA 3% STP 36 mask str 4 acc25 DA4% body vit 9 acc27 STP 7 Back DEX20 ACC/ATT 20 DA10%
Question: with a sam roll thats a 5 hit right?

ItemSet 352859
acc 1184 DA 37 TA 6 QA 7 stp40 mail vit 9 acc27 STP7 boots vit 3 acc 15 STP 8 BACK dex20 ACC/ATT 30 da 10%

ItemSet 352858
ACC 1150 DA 26% TA 12% QA 7% STP 36 Mail vit 9 acc 27 STP 7 Boots vit 3 acc15 STP 8

im unsure what lr/sam roll set would perform the best,i use set 2 atm would 35 stp in set 1 enuff for 5 hit? i get 160tp from ws's. now that cor can sam roll 60 would i be better off staying in tp set? sorry about before was using ffxicalc with no sam in party roll + no ring/neck, i just add +5 or +7 stp for ring/neck as ffxicalc doesnt count for it? ty all
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-20 13:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't worry too much about keeping your x-hit, even more so if you're getting TP overflow with GEO COR BRD buffs with vorseals and temps. I'd much rather have the multi attack on the hands than use something like NQ Emicho for STP. You'll be swinging so fast it won't matter too much, and with a COR you're getting a STP roll anyways.

Dedition Earring? Ewww. Never sacrifice accuracy .. accuracy is DRK's biggest weakness.

I think you're trying too hard to gear for every situation. Of course it helps to be optimal, you want to do as much damage as you can, but at this point of the game I don't believe X-hits are absolutely necessary unless you are using Liberators AM3 or you lack buffs.

For example .. if I was a DRK using trusts, I'd rather lower my x-hit even at the cost of accuracy, because if I'm using trusts the chances are accuracy doesn't matter. But also .. using trusts there's a big chance it's not going to make the difference between winning and losing a fight.

The problem is .. if you're aiming for a certain x-hit it's very easy to sacrifice good DD pieces. Can you afford to lose double attack +6 to keep the x-hit? Personally I don't think so. I remember back in the day when x-hits were important because we didn't have GEOs, we had bard and corsair at the most.

Back in the day in Voidwatch with maxed out atmas we brought DRK/WAR for multi attack because it made more sense instead of using /SAM with a x-hit build, and it did way more damage.

Years ago it made sense to make every hit count because we didn't have extreme amounts of multi attack on gears. It made sense to increase the WS frequency by using the right amounts of STP. Nowadays it doesn't feel necessary to me. Of course .. IF you can do it and keep all the best multi attack gears, then that's a huge bonus. Otherwise I'd rather gear for the multi attack.

I'm not saying don't try to lower your x-hit ever, I'm saying you shouldn't be making massive sacrifices like using a Dedition Earring. Accuracy, Multi Attack, and capping haste is more important to me. A lower X-hit is a nice bonus if it can be done without sacrificing the important stuff. Players are different though, some live and breath for their x-hits, whereas I live and breath to multi attack as much as possible to get the best out of the buffs. Half the time we have such a massive TP overflow we don't end up popping a WS til we are at 1100 or 1200 TP even with a x-hit build. We can't get it bang on 1000 TP every single time .. it's not humanly possible.
 Siren.Robthunder
Server: Siren
By Siren.Robthunder 2017-08-22 10:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have a noob question. I just returned earlier this year and for resolution I don't have Fotia Belt / Neck yet. Am I good to keep using thunder neck / belt or is the effect not as potent and I would be better off with something different? Thanks if you can answer my question.
By Taint 2017-08-22 12:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Robthunder said: »
So I have a noob question. I just returned earlier this year and for resolution I don't have Fotia Belt / Neck yet. Am I good to keep using thunder neck / belt or is the effect not as potent and I would be better off with something different? Thanks if you can answer my question.

Same ftp modifier. Fotia is better because inventory and saveTP.

THF or DRK/THF can farm fotia in just a couple hours.
 Siren.Robthunder
By Siren.Robthunder 2017-08-22 12:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. I will work on that.
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-22 16:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 352939
5hit lots of multi
10qa/37da/4ta
What I'm currently using until I get better Augs or finish cala
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-23 17:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Added a couple of Argosy +1s in to my Reso and Insurgency sets. Updated the post on page 134 with revised accuracy values before buffs. My next goal is Apoc.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-23 18:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Added a couple of Argosy +1s in to my Reso and Insurgency sets. Updated the post on page 134 with revised accuracy values before buffs. My next goal is Apoc.

Bout time lol. I'm amassing pops for that toy you have currently. Thinking ill go hard at NNI last week of campaign and stock up rest of pops I might need. Then during no campaign and if I have time ill bang out some more assaults for captain rank.

Taking it supa slow though, still got half the mats for cala that I'm chipping away at too
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-08-29 23:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So you can solo SR on drk, was bored and tried tonight. Didn't have much issue with dread spikes and trust cures.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-11 01:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Dead forum is dead.

new possible BIS entropy hands?

Raetic Bangles +1 File:Raetic Bangles +1 icon.png 99 119 3 Hands DEF:130 HP+70 STR+38 DEX+38 VIT+38 AGI+38 INT+38 MND+38 CHR+38 Acc.+55 R. Accuracy+55 M. Acc.+55 Evasion+100 Magic Evasion+100 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+7% Consumes 5% of MP when taking damage: Chance of abs. dmg. taken based on amount of MP consumed Dec. enmity based on amount of MP consumed when receiving phys. dmg. MNK / WHM / BLM / RDM / THF / DRK / BRD / RNG / SMN / BLU / COR / PUP / DNC / SCH / GEO / RUN
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-09-11 08:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The new Scythes might be fun to play with. Would be wild if the additional hit stacked with DA/TA like Jailer weapons did.
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2017-09-17 03:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

For dark seal 5/5 to affect drain with fallen burgeonet +1, do you equip the head for JA activation only, or does the head need to be/stay equipped when casting with JA active?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-17 08:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when was this forum dead? It's been active for a long time.

Ragnarok.Camlann said: »
For dark seal 5/5 to affect drain with fallen burgeonet +1, do you equip the head for JA activation only, or does the head need to be/stay equipped when casting with JA active?

I think it was stated a couple of pages back you can cast with it then take it out, but it's pretty hard to do due to how quick it casts. I just keep it in to make sure it happens, and have had no problems. Of course having the hairpin in would be better, but it's difficult to do without gearswap (which I don't use).
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-17 08:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to share my equipsets below. They are a work in progress, so I'll highlight which pieces I'm missing. I'll give key stats on glyptic augments to save space. I use Liberator and Ragnarok, so naturally the scythe sets have more accuracy due to losing 60-75.

I merited Dark Seal to 5 so I do not have Diabolic Eye. I do not have extra wardrobes, so I'm restricted to four Ankou Mantles. Using Gracile Grip for the accuracy and Haste +4. I aim to make it strong enough to fight WoC and possibly T4 Reisens, although I've yet to try them (working on it). I don't solo much .. so I play with Lib or Rag depending on what we need or what buffs we have. /checkparam values are without buffs or food.

Edit: Adding alternatives after acquiring new equipment in the list below.

Steelflash/Bladeborn: Replaced by Cessance/Brutal.
Sulevia's Cuisses +2/Odyssean Cuisses: Replaced by Ignominy Flanchard +3 for TP/WS. Keeping Sulevia's for -DT set.
Odyssean Gauntlets: Replaced by Ignominy Gauntlets +3.
Stikini Ring for Absorbs: Replaced by Kishar Ring.
Excelsis Ring for Drain/Aspir: Replaced by Archon Ring.
K'ayres Ring, Meridian Ring, Cryptic Earring for Dread Spikes & Souleater: Replaced by Moonbeam Ring x2, and Cassie Earring
Gracile Grip, Kentarch Belt +1, and some Valorous replaced by Utu Grip.
Valorous Mask & Flamm. Gambieras +1: Replaced by Argosy Head & Feet +1s.
Impatiens: Replaced by Sapience Orb.

ItemSet 352284
Acc w/ Lib: 1145 - A fodder TP set with plenty of multi attack. The Valor body has acc+33 atk+19 wsacc+9. Ankou's has str, acc(30)/atk, dbl atk +10. Greaves: ACC+35 Atk+31 STP+3 (8)

ItemSet 352298
Acc: 1193 - Stacking extra accuracy at the expense of some multi attack. Only used if AM3 is down. Ankou: DEX ACC(30)/ATK STP+10

ItemSet 352287
Acc: 1185 - Tough to gear for as you want STP, but not at the expense of too much multi attack. Also need accuracy, so I did my best to bring it close to the regular TP set. Same augments used from above.

ItemSet 352300
Acc: 1211 - Easier to gear for. Using double attack mantle.

ItemSet 352292
Acc w/ Rag: 1336 - Not really used unless we run into trouble. Helps to know which pieces are most accurate when I get a new aug or equip. Using the DEX/ACC mantle.

ItemSet 352304
Acc: 1175 - Strong with Lib. I find myself using Insurgency or Quietus mostly. Same augs as the gear above. Difficult to get acc higher. Using the dbl atk mantle and mask. Path D on Argosy.

ItemSet 352295
Acc: 1159 - Ratri helps the accuracy a little, and has tons of wsdmg. +3 legs to enhance accuracy enough so I can have Knobkierre over Seething. WSdmg mantle and mask.

Mask: DEX+8 ACC+34 ATK+22 WSdmg+4

ItemSet 352299
Acc: 1216 - Using dbl atk mask and mantle. Using body +3 because my Valorous has no mutli-attack augments and the accuracy set bonus with +3 legs is too much to pass up.

ItemSet 352301
Acc: 1232 - I'd lose way too much acc with Ratri legs, so AF+3 will make do. WSdmg mantle and mask.

ItemSet 352293
Acc w/ Lib: 1034 - Capping damage taken is easy so I filled other slots with accuracy and haste. T. Platemail and Vocane +1 would make it even easier. My Jumalik does not have a good augment. I switch to Founder's Body when fighting Caturae. Keeps me alive well.

ItemSet 352289
Dark Magic Skill: 587 - Finally got lucky on Niht mantle with skill+10 and drain/aspir +20. Eschite is path D for the fast cast.

ItemSet 352288
For Drain II and Aspir. Will get +3 feet eventually.

ItemSet 352302
Just like the above set except I have head ready to use with Dark Seal. Ratri increases the duration of Drain 3's HP boost.

ItemSet 352291
HP: 4.26k - Will get more with Ratri +1. Close to 4.3k with this set.

ItemSet 352290
Using Vicious Mufflers for the extra duration as it doesn't have damage taken+. Dignitary would replace Enchanters.

ItemSet 352294
Not using it much as it's more for buff spells on /rdm. It's great if you can work it in to a precast for endark or dread spikes as it will save you a few seconds. Good for stun, could add more macc though.

Recently augmented Ody gear have +4 on each so far, so Eschite legs D path is better til then. Leyline Gloves has +3 augment. Can't find anything with fast cast in the waist. Using Ankou Mantle with mp+60, macc+30/mdmg+20 fast cast +10.

ItemSet 352303
An extreme macc set for Shockwave mainly. Could be used for Absorb spells on resistant targets. It's there if I need it.

ItemSet 352297
I like to combine Souleater with Blood Weapon in emergencies, or certain situations. I include the body for if I want to pop Blood Weapon afterwards. It's not a tp or ws set, it's more like a mix of the spikes set with Souleater+ equip.

I have an Entropy set which I don't use much. Also, I tend to do Scourge in my Torc set to save space in my macro bar. Will update this when I get new stuff.

Edit: Added Cessance Earring
Edit2: Added Ignominy Flanchard +3 & Alternatives List
Edit3: Added Ignominy Cuirass +3
Edit4: Added Ignominy Gauntlets +3
Edit5: Added Kishar Ring
Edit6: Added Archon Ring
Edit7: Added Moonbeam Ring x2 & Cassie Earring
Edit8: Added Utu Grip
Edit9: Added Argosy Celata +1 & Argosy Sollerets +1
Edit10: Added Petrov Ring & Sapience Orb

10 edits! Struggling to find new upgrades at this point, aside from getting Telos and Regal stuff. Please let me know if I'm missing anything obvious. Cheers. Updated accuracy values, as well as changed some of the TP sets after getting Petrov (like I added more accuracy to LibAM3 and more STP to RagTP).
[+]
 Siren.Flannelman
By Siren.Flannelman 2017-09-17 10:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use carmine mask for fast cast
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-09-17 12:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

10 edits! Struggling to find new upgrades at this point, aside from getting Telos and Regal stuff. Please let me know if I'm missing anything obvious. Cheers. Updated accuracy values, as well as changed some of the TP sets after getting Petrov (like I added more accuracy to LibAM3 and more STP to RagTP).

Odyssean Head/Hands/Legs for Torcleaver would be an upgrade with the appropriate augments. Of course you would want to sub in the AF+3 as accuracy needs fluctuate. Odnowa Earring / +1 for your HP and -DT sets (Dread/SoulEater/Etc.).

Edit: Forgot the Spoiler would break with Itemsets in them but don't fear its all the same stuff Kylos posted.
By Tomlaps 2017-09-17 15:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not Ratri head for Quietus ?
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-09-17 15:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe just forgot to add it? But the Ratri head would perform better then V. Mask.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-09-19 10:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a Dark Matter augment. WSD with a DM augment can go up to 11%, I think.
 Shiva.Fendarin
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-09-20 03:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Like fiasko said torc set should look like this with moon shade earring
(Working on one myself XD)

ItemSet 352854
Ody Mask dex 6 acc 29 WSD 4%
Ody Hands vit 9 acc 16 att 12 WSD 3%
Ody Legs Acc/Att 20 PHY DAMAGE TAKEN - 4% WSD 5%
Back vit 30 acc/att20 WSD 10%
i need better aug's ^^
has 50% WSD not including neck/belt/jp
can change One of the ring for HQ SOA ring too
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-23 13:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the suggestions, I do admit I overlooked Ratri head for Quietus for some reason so I've since changed it in-game (see the edit), but not in the post. The other stuff I'll get eventually. Also Odyssean for Torcleaver is annoying for me .. as it means really good augments to beat what I'm using (needs amazing VIT, ACC + WSdmg altogether). I've got the Ody pieces to do it, but I'm working on other things like my RDM so it's not a priority at the moment.

I can't use a VIT + WSdmg mantle as I've already got 4 mantles and only two wardrobes (which is awkward to manage as I don't use gearswap, so have to redo equipsets every time I jump back on the job). I've got a STR + WSdmg mantle, so if I changed it to VIT my Quietus would suffer. I suppose I could lose my Fast Cast mantle as it doesn't see as much use as I thought it would, so I could have the best of both worlds. I'll strongly consider it.

Also I got this question from someone regarding Insurgency: Multi-attack or WSdmg?

I geared more for multi-attack as it's a four hit and I assume WSdmg only works on the first hit (which is why we use lots of it for Torcleaver/Quietus), but I'd like to make sure this is right so I don't give this person false information. Just to clarify basically. I can't remember everything about this game all the time, there's not enough room in my head for it.

EDIT: I remember why I decided to use Valor head over Ratri for Quietus. Despite Ratri having 2+ wsdmg, I'm losing 10 accuracy. This doesn't sound like a lot, but if you're fighting higher targets and need two Quietus to land for Darkness, I'd rather have the accuracy as it's already got the lowest values than any of my other WS. I didn't want to lose even more as it's pretty easy to miss. That's my logic behind it anyways .. if I was fighting lower targets it wouldn't matter and Ratri would be superior. Ratri +1 would replace both in any situation.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2017-09-25 16:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good 4-6 step SC I can do with Caladbolg?
 Fenrir.Pertalee
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-09-25 18:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Torc all day every day! It is super shitty to multi step with, need to use Ragnarok if that is what you are after.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-25 19:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »

none are worth doing, it really is a torc spam weapon or use rag for long light sc's. That or get an anguta and do some 99k umbras and watch ***melt.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-25 20:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Asura.Arico said: »

none are worth doing, it really is a torc spam weapon or use rag for long light sc's. That or get an anguta and do some 99k umbras and watch ***melt.
HA, have yet to see them that high with mine but I'm not super geared atm.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-25 21:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ya you can do it solo with trusts, but more common are 60k umbras on most stuff. Really fun to solo stuff in one sc.
 Lakshmi.Kurgan
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kurgan 2017-10-08 00:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any good Aeonic TP sets?
By Lorax 2017-10-08 02:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kurgan said: »
ItemSet 352998
What Im using atm, Valorus Mail: Dex+5 Acc+30/Attk+23 DA+5
Feet: Acc+43 Attk+20 QA+3
Ankou: DEX,ACC/ATTK DA
Prolly not the best but meh it gets the job done, Idk if a 4hit would be better but I went the MA route.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-10-08 15:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lorax said: »
Lakshmi.Kurgan said: »
ItemSet 352998
What Im using atm, Valorus Mail: Dex+5 Acc+30/Attk+23 DA+5
Feet: Acc+43 Attk+20 QA+3
Ankou: DEX,ACC/ATTK DA
Prolly not the best but meh it gets the job done, Idk if a 4hit would be better but I went the MA route.

Honestly those feet are wtf great, nice job there! Wish i had that luck haha. The bodys pretty damn nice too :D

a 4 hit is so easy though with anguta, well worth it IMO. You only need 60 stp as /sam. This is more or less my 4 hit on anguta, its literally is about the same as anyones 5hit for GS

ItemSet 347333

obviously your augs will vary but ya, you can get 45DA 3QA with this fairly easy, and with 8stp augs on a few you can even rep some gear for more DA. with ideal augs you'll be hovering around 47 DA.

with HQ's and perfect augs youd be running 52 DA, 6 TA, 8 QA in your set so a difference of 5 DA, 6 TA, 5 QA (less w/o your wtf feet). While thats is very nice, I doubt it will outdo the -1 hit seeing as anguta gets a huge bonus by ws frequency and consitency in sc dmg which a lower xhit offers.

Regardless both will be very good, and fun :D
First Page 2 3 ... 139 140 141 ... 203 204 205