(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 138 139 140 ... 203 204 205
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-17 16:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Fendarin said: »
would love to see your maxbuff sets, i dont think it has been covered yet
What are you asking for? Sets when you have max buffs on or what?
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-17 16:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Fendarin said: »
hi vedder how much stp do u stack on your set? with a sam roll 11 u need 75 stp in your set to make 4 hit (3 hits +ws) doesnt seem worth it if possible. with 40 stp in LR/sam roll set i can maintain a 5 hit (4 hits+ws) and add extra acc da/ta/qa 2 beff up my hit rate / over all dps. but yes i really need to learn how to post my sets granted will get to it as soon as im done with omen thanks for your reply hope u can get back to me. hoping saevel can give me something to think about too

My sets can be located on my page but bare in mind I use montante+1 which gives 11stp 3-5ta so if you are using rag/cala etc the sets an stp needed will differ. I believe I have 61 stp in my set, Mont NQ is actually better in this regard as the 1stp doesn't balance out the delay subtraction
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-17 16:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as a max buffs set which buffs are we saying? With geo brd cor support your acc being 1100(1200 sushi) add endark2 a pre fight fodder mob for abs-spells and hasso +your buffers you're only really needing 12-13 gear haste assuming capped magic haste and LR up. However almost everything has haste these days in it so I just look to add as much multi attack in that situation while keeping hit build. Qa procs before ta which procs before da. Really just make sure your acc capped have 12-13gear haste(dependent on buffs) and stack multiattack.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-17 17:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
As far as a max buffs set which buffs are we saying? With geo brd cor support your acc being 1100(1200 sushi) add endark2 a pre fight fodder mob for abs-spells and hasso +your buffers you're only really needing 12-13 gear haste assuming capped magic haste and LR up. However almost everything has haste these days in it so I just look to add as much multi attack in that situation while keeping hit build. Qa procs before ta which procs before da. Really just make sure your acc capped have 12-13gear haste(dependent on buffs) and stack multiattack.
Vedder was throwing some nice bombs with Torc last night with almost no buffs outside trust, and Ive seen his damage in OMEN vs fodder. Even though his Drk will always be better than Mine I assume I am going to have to step up to +3 af until relic/emp come out +3. My Taru was doing 12k~20k and vs his Drk who average 20~30+ before SC damage. He still needs to finish his stupid GS but I'll harass him more about that later.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-17 17:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I'm slightly concerned that with my builds currently that dropping off Monte for cala/rag that there will be massive MASSIVE changes to my builds and will need to readjust stp builds and pray for good luck on reis Augs since cala/rag have such low delay and no stp/multi attack on them to aid tp gain
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-17 18:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

if you do not, then I see that as a problem lol
You should always try to gear toward the best you can get with any weapon you can use.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-17 18:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Secretly praying that relic+2/+3 comes out as I finish and that it has some options for tp building. Our best af×3 tp piece is legs(acc/atk and 10da) but legs also are an integral slot for stp(odyssean stp augged) which is what I generally use in that slot.

Aza has fantastic sets that worth looking over but the randomness of DM Augs can shake/change an entire build. If I could get some keepers on valo feet/body/head (high acc +3qa/10stp)that opens up some push & pull in other slots. Kinda like how Ejin had his Sam built for awhile.

I currently use DM auged body(ody:25acc 24atk 2qa, the 5stp on it naturally is what changes it into a better piece until acc cones into play) legs (ody again with 7stp 17acc 39 atk, 12 stp on the piece) and feet (arguably crappy ody feet w/ 8acc/atk 12mac/mab 2crit dmg an 3qa which is the winner for this piece vs other pieces). Now I could use Val feet (23acc 30atk 3da and the natural 5stp) which i do when acc starts to cone into it. I also use mala in neck slot cause I don't have combatants yet and other options look meh to me (clotharius, asperity) but once I get the rema like i said all builds will be redone. Just wish DM campaign lasted longer then 8x /sigh
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-17 18:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

X-hits for Dark Knight aren't really worth shooting for anymore in the first place, as our weaponskills have good enough scaling that WSing 1 hit earlier is offset by hitting harder per WS and having less WS delay.
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-17 19:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes absolutely no sense. Even if you are are sitting on TP getting to 1k quicker means getting to whatever number you want to weaponskill at quicker.

X-hits guarantee efficiency in gear because you hit an an exact number needed then you know when you can stop with the STP and add other stuff. Not considering and gearing for 0 STP, or just whatever amount you want without considering why, is a bad move.
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-08-17 19:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My sets are a good idea, but honestly I have so much small tweaks you cant really put all of them on a forum and have it be direct haha. They are a great guide on what to aspire to for a baseline. Augs/weapons/etc can change them and drastically. I actually have been using gannos lua, and have sets depending on rolls, acc levels, etc but those are not shown.

IMO go for your multihit set that gets the most hits, I lean to have higher DA personally because my playtyle is consitent with being able top time a ws easier so i can ws at 1k easily. So for example if its a qyuestion of 8 DA or 2 4 TA, I would probably go with the DA since both are an extra 8 hits per 100, but one provides consistency.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-17 19:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to just because with fotias ×amount of qa/ta we can get now sometimes makes for some great fast double torcs though yea optimal scaling often means if you're shooting for torc u gain dps all the way to 1700 tp I think it was so to overflow doesn't hurt too badly, after that you're better off firing reso if your set is up to par.

The bigger question is when do u go 6hit vs 5hit with stp vs adding multi attacks which will boost overall dps via slightly higher white damage. Looking at that, and using a weapon that has an AM like Caladbolg if I drop from 5 hit to 6 hit but can still get to a 5hit with Sam roll I would put more multi hit into it for sure. Does anyone know how much stp is needed for 6hit with rag/cala?
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-17 19:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If the plan is to WS at 1700 TP, then instead of planning a X hit to 1k, you want an X hit to 1700.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-08-17 19:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure but I would never 6 hit with a GS, your just losing to much dmg from not doing as many ws's.

With normal torc based spam sets, you need 61 stp while /sam. Really isnt as much as people make it out to be, and you can still rock high 40's for DA. The set below hold 43% DA for example and 61 stp for me, there is room for better stp augs, and better DA, ideally it could be 61stp AND have 47% DA. While yes you can get some more multi hit dropping to a 6 hit, I just see it as trying to make a step forward by 2 back.

ItemSet 347333

Plus in this set with its high DA rate, and needing just 4 hits during tp phase, means a lot of the time you will just need 2 rounds between ws, its very easy to gauge. Which for a ws like torc that does scale with tp well, but benefit much more by 1k spam then holding, id say its hard to justify a different build. I have tried a QA14 build for example and was not impressed.
 Shiva.Fendarin
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-17 20:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

what does your LR/SAM roll set look like Aza? that 5 hit set is crazy good mine has 31DA 4TA 3QA stp62 acc 1192. for lr/samroll i might stick 50DA 3QA stp40 to maintain 5 hit instead of spreading it between da ta qa while maintaining 5 hit , just came outta omen will make a few sets of mine and post them any suggestions will help. That ainia collar u use will open up more da for me
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-17 20:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Aza, does that set drop to a true4hit with Sam roll?
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-17 20:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Need75 stp with a Sam roll 11 to hit 4 hit no gs set can do that 2 my understanding. U need 40 stp to be safe with a good Sam roll to maintain a 5 hit, meaning u can gear more multi attack wit LR/Sam roll buffs

Note: sorry when I say no gs can do that I mean do it efficiently
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-17 20:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidra 1700tp for reso 1k for torc seems to be best. I'm sure it's already been discovered
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-17 20:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you taking into consideration regal necklace bonus as well? Thinking that is what 44stp on a 7+ or am I wrong? If so his set might 4hit hence my asking
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-17 20:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't making a statement about optimal TP values for any weaponskill. I was simply making the point that the STP in your TP build should be intelligently applied. Some guy said X-hits in general are useless, which was forum vomit.

I don't know if Torcleaver spam is a thing, but if it is, and you use at at 1700, your TP set should have an X-hit to 1700, not 1k.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-17 20:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

No we aim to drop torc at 1k but with multiatk gear it quite often has overflow which doesn't create a dps loss until u hit 1750 at which point reso trumps torc if both ws are equally built

Geriond is actually very knowledgeable so I'm sure there's more to his statement then originally worded, probably more along lines of "get the build low but don't sacrifice too much to get there as torc/reso both scale very well" and the lockout/delay from ws

Set I'm semi looking at building atm
ItemSet 352828
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-17 20:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes sidra that statement right was just stateing the tp values we aim for
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-17 20:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes vedder I need the neck for that set it looks solid

Oops sorry but with ody legs not af+3 ( looks really hard fitting them into a chit set)
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-08-17 20:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ya its well over the needed stp for a 4hit with +60 stp sam roll, which is super easy to roll now, it should be expected your cor to get that with the +7 neck, and even ith just +5 its a basic 11 no bonus sam roll.

With +60 stp on your sam roll you only really need 39 stp (can drop 22) in tp set, so the swaps you want to make are normally going to be...

ainia collar -> lissome necklace +1DA -4 stp
odys stp - > af+3, +8 da - 12stp (for me)
valo stp -> flamma feet +5 DA -6stp (for me)

Keep in mind, my drk is used on high end stuff so I favor acc. If your not needing acc, then you can do other swaps. There are better swaps, but you can see more or less some easy ones.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-17 21:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea since my high end ls recently had an influx of some of levis best (welcome new friends!)join us id imagine we can start doing more melee oriented strats on things. Probably need to split into 2 groups for some things or leave unneeded mules outside for omens
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-17 22:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Yea since my high end ls recently had an influx of some of levis best (welcome new friends!)join us id imagine we can start doing more melee oriented strats on things. Probably need to split into 2 groups for some things or leave unneeded mules outside for omens
lol Which mules are Unneeded Geo geo bard cor Run?
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-18 12:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hence why I also suggested two groups lol
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-19 18:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-19 18:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

how do i post gear sets so u can see them? such a noob XD
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-08-19 21:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

at the very end of where you make the sets you will see an Invalid Item Set ID. just copy that and paste as is.
First Page 2 3 ... 138 139 140 ... 203 204 205