Solo Blue Mage in Dynamis
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-08-15 02:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking to a few people about soloing in Dynamis, I've gathered the best zones are Buburimu, Valkurm, and Qufim.

I am planning on using Proth's solo set to begin farming currency, and was hoping the blue mage community could help with any tips/tricks they've learned.
By Ronoclem 2012-08-15 06:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Some Derping obvious stuff:
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-08-15 12:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30626/the-beast-within-a-guide-to-blue-mage/#1861374

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29940/blue-mage-dynamis-solo-what-spells-to-set/
By Ophannus 2012-08-15 14:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've run into problems with one shotting statues where if I literally oneshot them without pulling aggro, I won't get the TE(think it's similar to 1 shotting mobs in abyssea before getting enmity, you don't get any Abyssea Light from the kill), I just do CAEfflux Heavy Strike, takes em down to 5% or so and finish off with a Delta. Grudge is MP intensive and has a bleh casting time.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2012-08-15 15:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
I've run into problems with one shotting statues where if I literally oneshot them without pulling aggro, I won't get the TE(think it's similar to 1 shotting mobs in abyssea before getting enmity, you don't get any Abyssea Light from the kill), I just do CAEfflux Heavy Strike, takes em down to 5% or so and finish off with a Delta. Grudge is MP intensive and has a bleh casting time.

I usually use Dark Orb for 1-shotting TE statues and have never run into the problem that you're talking about. My set pretty much allows me to always 1-shot TEs now for around 1.3k-1.5k and I've been doing it for months.

Thinking there has to be some other factor not letting you get TE key items...
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-08-15 15:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Only time I haven't gotten a time extension was when the statue was on a different player/player's pet. Also, CA *or* Efflux Heavy Strike 1-shots statues. You don't need to use both.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-08-15 15:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to take wild guess and say that you weren't killing a TE statue =x
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-08-15 15:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Your guess would be wrong; try it if you'd like. Have a friend grab a statue and let it go white. Kill it without letting it turn to you/turn red.

Also, now that I think about it, there were other instances where I killed a statue without anyone else on it and didn't get a TE, every time being on Corsair and killing it while it was white even with no one else on hate list. For some reason, being engaged, having your initial ability being Quick Draw and following up with Wildfire (or maybe vice versa. It's been a while since I went COR to Dynamis so my memory is a little hazy) doesn't make them to turn red. :/
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-08-15 15:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an aby-like condition with the TE. The person who claims first gets the KI. So it could have been the TE even if he killed it after a pet let it go unclaimed.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-08-15 15:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
There is an aby-like condition with the TE. The person who claims first gets the KI. So it could have been the TE even if he killed it after a pet let it go unclaimed.
I'm not sure if the person who first claimed still gets the KI. One time I killed a statue a BST was taking too long to kill because of adds. I didn't get the TE so I was standing around waiting for next repop. It popped and I got claim and he was standing around waiting for me to kill it.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-08-15 16:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to have claim over the statue when it dies; it's very simple. Even if you one-shot the statue, you still claim it before it falls to the ground. If the statue is chasing someone else outside your party, the statue will not be claimed if you one-shot it, thus neither party gets the KI (it dies unclaimed).

Simply claim the statue first, then kill it; whoever claims the statue first does NOT matter.
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-08-15 16:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That could be it then. I've stolen TE from bst before and not gotten TE. I usually 1 shot as SAM most of the time.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2012-08-15 17:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
You need to have claim over the statue when it dies; it's very simple. Even if you one-shot the statue, you still claim it before it falls to the ground. If the statue is chasing someone else outside your party, the statue will not be claimed if you one-shot it, thus neither party gets the KI (it dies unclaimed).

Simply claim the statue first, then kill it; whoever claims the statue first does NOT matter.

That sounds like it could be it. Glad I never stole a statue off anyone and if this is right, I probably never will.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-08-15 17:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Helel is 100% correct.
By Ophannus 2012-08-15 18:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I don't have points for Dark Orb anyway, guess I could set it for the TE farming phase. Think grudge would suffice as long as I have Anrin Obi/Twilight Cape/Chatoyant Staff macroed in?
By Ronoclem 2012-08-15 18:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I don't have points for Dark Orb anyway, guess I could set it for the TE farming phase. Think grudge would suffice as long as I have Anrin Obi/Twilight Cape/Chatoyant Staff macroed in?
yes! with Burst Affinity and Memento Mori I get 1.5 - 1.6k damage.
I use:
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-08-15 19:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to set Dark Orb for TE farming phrase too, then I found it not as fast as Heavy strike for TE due to longer casting time, and sometimes mobs turn around and aggro while casting. Spells like Memento Mori also takes long to cast. Reset spell after TE phrase done also takes a while.

Note that sometimes mobs around TE seems to spam shell(I think) on the TE, caused Dark Orb to deal slightly less dmg than it should, making it even less useful than Heavy Strike.

Just run in, CA Heavy strike behind other mob and TE, then sneak/invis right away, it's way easier and faster, entire process can be done in 3 sec. I also don't have problem of not getting TE after it's one shotted, I always got TE this way.
 Asura.Leairc
Server: Asura
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-08-21 12:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope I'm not asking a dumb question, but if you could help, I'd be grateful.

So that I can kill mobs quickly without expending a bunch of MP from spells, how can or what is the best way to get my DPS up w/swords and gear and using Almace?

And is subbing DNC the actual best way to go, or should I try to sub /THF instead? I figure if the mob is dieing quickly anyway and I have some MP, what I use can be done for cures. And this way, I force myself to have Treasure Hunter 2, and free up other slots in my blue magic list.

I tried to BLU solo Buburimu recently and failed miserably. :\ So, I'm currently thinking along this line: LV80 Almace but using Requiescat 5/5 and MND gear swap until eventually, I'll finish Almace and have Chant du Cygne. Go in spam ws's and heal with spells and have TH2. THis is all after I have 5 TE's.

Any advice will net you a galka hug~

Current TP Set
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-08-21 12:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that your tp set? /dnc for ja procs is by far the easiest way to go.
 Asura.Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-08-21 12:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, .. I'm missing haste, I understand.

Sylph.Decimus said: »
Is that your tp set? /dnc for ja procs is by far the easiest way to go.

Oh.. I forgot about that... hmm.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-08-21 12:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30626/the-beast-within-a-guide-to-blue-mage/#1861374

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29940/blue-mage-dynamis-solo-what-spells-to-set/

This is just about all you need. Athos's feet and Ocelot hands should suffice in the meantime.
 Asura.Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-08-21 12:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gosh, thanks guys. This is PERFECT. Sorry for the annoyance.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-08-21 13:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leairc said: »
Current TP Set

This is a terrible TP set. You gain nothing with mavi feet and hands on any TP set. Same with the neck piece. Replace those three immediately. Check the guide, there are several options under TP sets.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-08-21 13:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive never understood why so many people tp in full mavi
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-08-21 13:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Fashion over function of course!
By Zeota 2012-08-21 16:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The new generation of fashion-conscious blue mages! Even then you have to question their tastes since the coloring is messed up.
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-08-21 18:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never understood a lot of things people do =[
 Asura.Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-08-22 17:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Binckry said: »
I've never understood a lot of things people do =[

I actually placed more emphasis on skillchaining than actual DPS, simply because when I went to do macro swaps between ws -> phys blu and phys blu -> mag blu, the graphics screwed up on my screen and I couldn't time my burst well at all.

I also thought doing alot of macro-swapping between those functions was a bit too micro-managed. And I just don't like to be anal about it.

But, I've practiced more and figured out how to time the macro swaps more effectively, so it works out ok now--sorta. I still don't like it for trying to burst on some spells that take longer than others, but if someone has some ideas to work with it, I'm all ears.

I wanted to burst Dark Orb and without precise timing, I can't seem to do it. Other spells are the same way, (Leafstorm came to mind), and I have yet to try something like Thunderbolt. (Tho, I'm willing to gauge it's not very feasible to burst that spell, given equipment conditions.)

That's the thinking behind the concept of not wearing haste gear. Also, I never have studied what others do on BLU and just used my own personal observations without reading forums of what other people have discovered, e.g. collective knowledge.

:]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-08-22 17:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-22 17:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leairc said: »
I actually placed more emphasis on skillchaining than actual DPS, simply because when I went to do macro swaps between ws -> phys blu and phys blu -> mag blu, the graphics screwed up on my screen and I couldn't time my burst well at all.

Blinkmenot!
First Page 2 3 4 5