A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 99 100 101
By fillerbunny9 2017-04-21 11:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Rune Fencer gets a 10% bonus to duration of received Enhancing Magics as a gift. other jobs may receive them as well.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-21 11:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »
When I cast the SE Icon says 13 minutes, it took 20-21 seconds to tick down to 12. So I would say 13:20 on Regen5

LS-mate last night was asking me how it was possible that he had a 14min regen on him, so we were trying to figure out how that was. Maybe it was Regen I with the longer base duration, I dunno.

Bahamut.Neb said: »
Mine lasts about 11 mins but I swap in Bookoworm with +10 Potency and Bolelabunga which gets me to almost 100/per tick with Perp. My personal opinion is 10% potency and 10 per on cape win over the extra couple mins.

Yeah, I employ a toggle, so I can control potency or duration. Both have their uses.

you probably had tabula going you get an additiona boost with tabula, and as far as potency i have a toggle setup on F3 to switch from duration/potency gear as previously mentioned
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-21 12:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, thought it might be Tabula, but he insisted it wasn't up at the time. Just Light Arts.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-21 15:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Yeah, thought it might be Tabula, but he insisted it wasn't up at the time. Just Light Arts.

showing 14:50-14:51ish with Tabula up on Regen5
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-04-21 16:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I can never figure duration out, even on simple stuff. For instance my unbuffed Haste spell is a bit over 4 minutes in duration. The only + duration I have is 5 pieces Telchine with enhancing duration ranging from 6-9 seconds per piece for a total of 38. Haven't been able to figure out why my Haste isn't 3:38.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-21 16:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Duration is %, not seconds.

180 + (180 * 0.38) = 248 = 4:08
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-04-21 19:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well..that was way easier than I thought. Dunno why I thought that was seconds. Thanks!
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-22 08:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So anyone else have comment on Af3+3 body for enfeebling? could throw in Regal Earring for a 15 macc set bonus also
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-04-22 09:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole set +3 is pretty insane for Enfeebling since they added the set bonus to push it over the border. Excellent INT and MND, extreme MACC and a nice bonus on some pieces:

- Legs +24 Enfeebling Skill during Light Arts
- Body +24 Enfeebling Skill during Dark Arts
- Feet +20 MACC during the right Grimoire Type

Only discussion is on the legs as you would give up your Immunobreak +1 bonus.
[+]
 Bahamut.Odaru
By Bahamut.Odaru 2017-04-26 03:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
The whole set +3 is pretty insane for Enfeebling since they added the set bonus to push it over the border. Excellent INT and MND, extreme MACC and a nice bonus on some pieces:

- Legs +24 Enfeebling Skill during Light Arts
- Body +24 Enfeebling Skill during Dark Arts
- Feet +20 MACC during the right Grimoire Type

Only discussion is on the legs as you would give up your Immunobreak +1 bonus.

Chironic > Psycloth on SCH? Does the loss of 5 skill matter?
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-04-26 07:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone mathed out any of the Mallquis pieces to see if they should be used in free nuke or MB casting sets (T3+). I understand their + damage lends itself more towards lower tier nukes and helixes, but that doesn't mean one of the pieces doesn't sneak in as a good piece for normal nukes.

I don't play SCH enough to to get value from some of the niche pieces for the set, so just wondering if I should use any for nuking before I store the set as right now it's just taking up inventory space and I don't have a single piece in my Grear swap. I was debating editing my helix set but its already generally MBing for over 10k in buffed situations so doesn't seem worth it atm.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-04-26 07:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Chironic > Psycloth on SCH? Does the loss of 5 skill matter?

By far is an even decendly augmented Chironic Hose better than Psycloth Lappas. Enfeebling skill just translates to MACC. There is no secret witchery to "Skill" somehow outperforming MACC.

Quote:
Has anyone mathed out any of the Mallquis pieces

Just some practical testing. There seems to be some delicate balance where one Mallquis piece can enhance your Helix just by a little bit in some slots but with two your damage goes down again. I encourage anyone who is bored enough to make sense out of the mess !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chimeran
Server: Lakshmi
user: chimeran
By Lakshmi.Chimeran 2017-04-28 05:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I just came back to the game a few months ago and had SCH leveled before I quit in 2013. Are the gearsets on the initial node post updated? They seem a bit out of date to me. Thanks!
By FaeQueenCory 2017-04-28 06:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Has anyone mathed out any of the Mallquis pieces

Just some practical testing. There seems to be some delicate balance where one Mallquis piece can enhance your Helix just by a little bit in some slots but with two your damage goes down again. I encourage anyone who is bored enough to make sense out of the mess !
If it's going down randomly like that, are you losing INT?
Cause wasn't it determined... forever ago... that Helixes have a cap to their Mdmg/base damage?
If you're hitting the base cap, then the fact that they only have 12 MAB (vs the average 25~40) is probably what's killing the numbers... since the massive Mdmg should make up for a fair amount of an INT loss.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-28 06:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Realistically you only have 3 slots you can dedicate to possible Mallquis swap.
Feet are for AF3 with Klimaform up (which honestly should always be up whenever you use a helix), hands are for Abj.
This leaves us with Head, Body and Legs.
You need to reach 40% MB without hands/feet.
10% comes from Staff, 10% from neck, that leaves us 20% you need to get between Head/Body/Legs/Ring1
Considering the best ring is 5% MB (Locus) that means you would need ONE Merlinic item with 15% MB bonus. Good luck with that lol.
If you fulfill all these conditions then yes, you have TWO slots you can dedicate to Mallquis if you so wish.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I missed any other Magic Burst Damage I source from other slots.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-28 06:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Feet are for AF3 with Klimaform up (which honestly should always be up whenever you use a helix), hands are for Abj.
10% comes from Staff, 10% from neck, that leaves us 20% you need to get between Head/Body/Legs/Ring1
Considering the best ring is 5% MB (Locus) that means you would need ONE Merlinic item with 15% MB bonus. Good luck with that lol.
If you fulfill all these conditions then yes, you have TWO slots you can dedicate to Mallquis if you so wish.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I missed any other Magic Burst Damage I source from other slots.
Sechs so cute when he uses the bold feature
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-28 06:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sechs is cute, period <3
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-05-05 12:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't recall ever seeing this anywhere on here or the wiki's so not sure if this was a known thing, but a fun fact that's shown up recently on the JP boards.

Apparently ending a SC with a helix gives you a longer MB window, it makes stuff like 5->4 MBing your own sc or doing 6->ja->5 on blm a lot easier.
By Davorin 2017-05-05 13:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

You'd use Mallquis trews +1 in one of those remaining slots, right? Unless I'm misunderstanding and you're trying to not use them.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-05-05 13:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Don't recall ever seeing this anywhere on here or the wiki's so not sure if this was a known thing, but a fun fact that's shown up recently on the JP boards.

Apparently ending a SC with a helix gives you a longer MB window, it makes stuff like 5->4 MBing your own sc or doing 6->ja->5 on blm a lot easier.
have not heard of this.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-05-05 15:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they test by how much? This sort of tech might be great for extending SCs further down the line to keep the chains running if you're trying to ramp up SC/MB damage.

Big if true.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-05-05 15:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Always felt like the window on Gravitation and Compression was a lot longer than others... now I know why, lol.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2017-05-05 17:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds true from my experiences, but could you please post the JP forum threads you're referencing?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-05-05 22:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The 2ch threads aren't very interesting, but this is the original blog post that sparked it.

I don't think he did any hard tests on duration but it's pretty noticeable.

My personal thoughts on why it works is something like, MB window starts when the helix hits, SC animation can't start until the helix animation ends, MB window ends a set time after the SC animation.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/luteff11/archives/51038378.html

http://blog.livedoor.jp/luteff11/archives/51039860.html
[+]
By Sammeh 2017-05-06 16:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fairly certain that a MB window is fixed based on when the packet is received stating a skillchain has occurred. Incoming 0x028 category 3.

I know for a fact SkillChain window is 3 seconds after that packet is received and open for 7 seconds.

I anticipate MB's follow a similar pattern. Animations feel longer but have nothing to do timing.

-Sam
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-06 18:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Skillchain window actually shrinks by 1 second for each successive weaponskill used, as opposed to being a static 7 seconds. It's entirely possible other things cause it to vary as well. Some testing on exact time differences would be interesting.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-05-06 20:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammeh said: »
I'm fairly certain that a MB window is fixed based on when the packet is received stating a skillchain has occurred. Incoming 0x028 category 3.

I know for a fact SkillChain window is 3 seconds after that packet is received and open for 7 seconds.

I anticipate MB's follow a similar pattern. Animations feel longer but have nothing to do timing.

-Sam

I can't say much about the SC packet since I don't normally run a packet sniffer but seriously just try it, 5->4 because almost trivial to do if you have a decent FC set.

One example of WS's that have animations (or something) that screw with SC timing is Selh'teus. If you ever try SCing after him based on when his WS animation starts it won't connect, you have to wait a couple seconds after you'd normally expect to WS to be able to SC.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-05-07 09:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura. Six said: »

I really should have pointed this out sooner but the Malliquis legs are 5% mb so your calculations are a bit off. One Merlinic with at least 10% MBB doesn't seem all that unreasonable.
[+]
By tyalangan 2017-05-07 12:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Regen V Duration with Light Arts active. Is it still 48 seconds at 99? I need help with math...

Regen Normal: 40/tic @ 60 sec

Regen MyGear: Regen+25%,+10; Dur+37%,+12 = 61/tic @ 1min38sec
(Duration = ((60+12)X 1.37)

^^ This math above is correct when translated in game for tics and duration.

Regen MyGear + LA: Regen+25%,+10,+24; Dur+37%,+12,+48 = 85/tic @ 2min26sec (((60+12)X 1.37)+48) -- I read LA duration applies after all other duration.

^^ This math above is incorrect when translated in game for duration (My potency is correct). In game I get 4min06sec.

Regen Mygear +LA+Perpetuance(+gloves so 255%) is incorrect on duration using either 2min26sec or 4min06sec (I get 9min46sec~). I am bad at math but a near double increase in duration seems like something easily noticeable. What am I doing so wrong?
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-05-07 12:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have job points in Light Arts, and are you sure that Light Arts' bonus comes after percentage increases in duration?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 99 100 101