The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 156 157 158
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-04-04 17:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure a well augmented Herc Helm (30~35 MAB, some WSD) is better than Pixie +1. Remember that Pixie has no AGI (and no macc for that matter), so you're really losing quite a bit in the trade.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-04-04 20:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Pretty sure a well augmented Herc Helm (30~35 MAB, some WSD) is better than Pixie +1. Remember that Pixie has no AGI (and no macc for that matter), so you're really losing quite a bit in the trade.

i don't think thats right, IIRC Affinity MAB is the very last dmg multiplier after all others even after WSD+ so the better your gear gets the better pixie gets.
[+]
By Afania 2017-04-04 21:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

I just rechecked using my own excel:
https://docs.zoho.com/file/n7dt9737650532eb84988a9ce4192efd00fff

And used the following setup:
295 AGI
214 mab
237 mdmg
20% WSD (from +3 body and ambu back)
10% weather bonus from obi
150 mob INT
0 mob MDB(no GEO malaise)
4.67 ftp (WS at 1000 tp)
1.3 mythic bonus
33 affinity

Basically it's complete unbuffed situation except storm, no GEO and COR rolls.

WS dmg: 20376

Change pixie to 35 mab (45 mab total) 5 wsd augmented herc helm, WS dmg: 20281

Change pixie to 40 mab (50 mab total) 5 wsd augmented herc helm, WS dmg: 20564

So yeah, you need very, very good augments to beat pixie +1, and even then it's unbuffed situation only. Adding anymore MAB buffs from GEO and COR favors pixie +1. I tried adding 50 more mab buff then even 40 mab 5 wsd augment helm isn't winning anymore.

please feel free to point things out if I'm doing any formula wrong.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-04-04 21:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
40 mab augmented herc
Don't think I've seen Herculean get more than 35 MAB.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-04 21:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
40 mab augmented herc

You haven't seen Afania's augments, then.
[+]
By Afania 2017-04-04 21:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
40 mab augmented herc

You can get up to 50 from DM.
[+]
By Afania 2017-04-11 00:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

To those who needs an updated spreadsheet, I finished adding newer gears from Ou, SoA +1 rings and Ambuscade +2 except ambu +2 head(can't quite figure out how to do dead aim just yet). I'll be uploading the newer version as soon as dead aim is done. Feel free to pm me if you would like to help or want current version copy ._.

I did another round of spreadsheet check for optimal melee sets, for those who's interested, here is the result:

Setup:
Over-tp rounds: 0
SAM roll: 52 stp (Since we are COR, it's pretty reasonable to assume we almost always have SAM roll as one of the buffs)
Capped acc

Melee leaden salute:

Tp:

*QA+3 herc feet

WS:

*MAB herc legs/feet.

Due to lower WS cycle time, I'm getting fomalhaut beating dp despite dp has higher leaden damage. I'm also getting 2 oat weapons beating fettering mainhand oat offhand on spreadsheet.

There was a mythic bow v.s aeonic gun for TF debate on RNG forum a while ago, I haven't check /ra but I wouldn't be surprised if Fomalhaut beats Dp in ranged attack + leaden spam situations as well.

Melee last stand, capped attack:
/NIN Tp:

WS:

*AGI/wsd augment on herc
I derped and completely forget that haverton and Karieyh doesn't coexist, so feel free to change melee Dw gears to suppa + petrov.

/WAR tp:

*There's the possibility to get better tp body with DM augment I think, haven't check that.
*I'm getting degen +1 and heitaroi beating blurred +1 and petrov, but the difference isn't huge.

Melee last stand, uncapped attack:
WS:

*If you have higher attack on AGI/WSD herc augment, herc may still win. Otherwise +2 ambuscade set is still very good for attack uncapped situations.
*/NIN seems to beat /WAR if attack is capped, if attack isn't capped then /WAR needs berserk up to win. In the long run /WAR still wins even with 2 min berserk downtime.

Savage blade, capped attack:
Tp:

WS:

STR/WSD augment on herc

Uncapped attack:
WS:

*Caro necklace has higher damage than gorget when attack isn't capped, but due to 1% tp return which worth 1% of damage and ws acc it's still my preferred choice for this slot most of the time.
*Meg +2 feet replaces Rawhide D if attack isn't capped.

Thoughts on SoA ring choices:
Outside of utility ring choices, it's Karieyh +1 v.s haverton +1 IMO. Haverton +1 is more versatile since it can be use for DW, it's also max racc ring and caps snapshot without having to augment ambu back and taeons. Karieyh +1 seems to be BiS for last stand/savage with capped attack, if attack is uncapped then it's not as useful. That being said if you have other job that benefits from it it's probably a better choice.

I'm not sure if I'm missing anything so any advice are welcomed.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-04-11 00:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but does your sheet have the DP fix in it? I never fixed it once it was found. Haven't done a sheet release since like 2 days before it was.

Anyway I been working on an updated sheet last day or some since you PM'ed me about how to add new dead aim head and Arislan already helped me out once again with new gear. Working on BRD changes atm.

Glade you mentioned +1 SoA rings totally forgot about them.
By Afania 2017-04-11 01:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Yea but does your sheet have the DP fix in it? I never fixed it once it was found. Haven't done a sheet release since like 2 days before it was.

I don't think it's fixed, thanks for reminding me. I totally forget about the glitch in it pages ago since I usually don't use spreadsheet to calculate magical ws, nor touch COR spreadsheet recently. (I'm getting magical ws dmg discrepancy between spreadsheet and my excel, and I'm too lazy to check what went wrong since I'm overwhelmed with rl as well)

That being said, even if dp turns out beating fomalhaut for melee leaden, fomal may still be my preferred choice for some situations, mostly against fodders when leaden 1 shots them regardless the weapon, so it favors faster tp gain.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-04-11 01:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

(I'm getting magical ws dmg discrepancy between spreadsheet and my excel, and I'm too lazy to check what went wrong since I'm overwhelmed with rl as well)
Can you elaborate on this? WF,Leaden only? DP only? I'll check formulas again. There shouldn't be any difference other then COR sheet doesn't handle MDB-.
By Afania 2017-04-11 01:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
(I'm getting magical ws dmg discrepancy between spreadsheet and my excel, and I'm too lazy to check what went wrong since I'm overwhelmed with rl as well)
Can you elaborate on this? WF,Leaden only? DP only? I'll check formulas again. There shouldn't be any difference other then COR sheet doesn't handle MDB-.

The numbers with same set doesn't seem to be the same, using the stats from my post above and mob INT set to 150 I got 20376 with my excel but only 17517 in spreadsheet, I can check what went wrong this weekend if I have time (it could be forumla error in my excel or gear stat error as well), I'll just send a pm once I figure it out.

Also there seem to be something wrong with the SJ. /NIN and /DNC shouldn't have massive difference in leaden ws damage unless I'm missing something, but I'm losing 550 leaden damage switching to /NIN from /DNC, even if every other gears are the same. I can't figure out why /NIN loses so much ws damage.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-04-11 02:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The numbers with same set doesn't seem to be the same, using the stats from my post above and mob INT set to 150 I got 20376 with my excel but only 17517 in spreadsheet, I can check what went wrong this weekend if I have time (it could be forumla error in my excel or gear stat error as well), I'll just send a pm once I figure it out.

Also there seem to be something wrong with the SJ. /NIN and /DNC shouldn't have massive difference in leaden ws damage unless I'm missing something, but I'm losing 550 leaden damage switching to /NIN from /DNC, even if every other gears are the same. I can't figure out why /NIN loses so much ws damage.
hmm yea I look into this stuff. thx for letting me know about it
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-04-11 14:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Follow up on the nin vs dnc subjob. I have Leaden #s coming out = with:
Capped Haste and 11% DW in gear on /nin then if I swap to /dnc and just add 10% DW into custom without swapping any gear.

What I do have it about a 350~ DMG(on ws only) increase on /dnc if I actually swap gear around to make up the 10% and the reason is the tp over flow is higher at that point. So that is the only reason I can see why you were seeing different numbers also.

So its looks like the sheet is right in that aspect. I confirmed delay values were right manually and such.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-04-11 20:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I know there was some discussion couple months ago about Armageddon being very strong any situation you can abuse AM3. Wanted to check if anything has changed before I dump plates into it. I already have AG DP. Working Formhault but its coming at a glacial pace.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-04-11 20:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't there some kind of Spreadsheet error that made Arma look a lot better than it actually was?
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-04-11 21:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Wasn't there some kind of Spreadsheet error that made Arma look a lot better than it actually was?

That's kind of my concern is its spreadsheet good and not in game good. I kind of look at Emp AM suspect since most dmg in ffxi is pushed to weaponskill/skillchain.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-04-13 00:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to let you guys know next spreadsheet is a few days away for sure. Not much of a gamer but a game I have been waiting on for 2 years finally launched 2 days a go and well I have over 10 hours into it in the last 2 days. Probably another 2-3 days before I stop playing as much(based on fighting boss then just collecting 100% whenever). So probably 2-3 days after that before new sheet. Haven't been FFXI'in or helping with wiki other then input either.(Yooka Laylee)
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-04-17 16:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone got an updated roll tracker that actually accounts for regal necklace?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-04-17 17:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't since I don't own a neck yet. But this should add support. https://pastebin.com/TbYRa7qn

I put a merge request in for this on windower's github.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-04-17 18:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks chia! not working though haha, just showing base rolls.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-04-17 18:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Thanks chia! not working though haha, just showing base rolls.
Ok Aza and I did some testing its working as well as roll tracker ever has with people using GS. :/ but it does show the correct values if gs isn't loaded and then you know the small chance it always has had at actually seeing your ring(or neck now) when GS is loaded
By aigulfe 2017-04-18 15:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Having trouble getting a COR lua that uses Motes to incorporate an obi into leaden/wildfire/quick draw. I can see where that stuff is defined in the utility file but I can't seem to get it to work properly. Missing something but i'm not sure what. Any suggestions?
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-18 16:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31312/the-pirates-lair-a-guide-to-corsair/120/#3190242
By aigulfe 2017-04-18 17:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, much appreciated.
By SpoonfulOfChris 2017-04-20 15:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd imagine these would pull ahead of Carmine +1 for Leaden?

Over Carmine it would be:

AGI +6
MAB -8
WSD +4%
By Afania 2017-04-29 03:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What's everyone's opinion about melee Gozuki Mezuki last stand build with /SAM for WKR/NNI or delve? Sounds silly I know, but Hasso gives 10% JA haste for 2h weapons, with good number SAM roll every hit gives 250+ tp, so that's like WS > TA proc > WS.

On my spreadsheet it seems to beat dual wield blurred +1 with /NIN, but I lose 300+ acc with a staff so that's like for pre 2013 content only.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-04-30 07:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal Testing...
Naturalist's Roll
1 6%
2 7%
3 15%
4 8%
5 9%
6 10%
7 5%
8 11%
9 12%
10 13%
11 20%
Bust -5%
+1 1%

I didn't have any friends on when testing so I couldn't test for GEO in party but the wiki list it as 5%. I'll confirm it later though. Yes, I was to lazy to do it via hat!Tested via the hat was 5%.

A pull request was done for rolltracker. I'll update the wiki with the info/test method once our slave servers catch up and the wiki isn't in read only mode.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-04-30 07:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What's everyone's opinion about melee Gozuki Mezuki last stand build with /SAM for WKR/NNI or delve? Sounds silly I know, but Hasso gives 10% JA haste for 2h weapons, with good number SAM roll every hit gives 250+ tp, so that's like WS > TA proc > WS.

On my spreadsheet it seems to beat dual wield blurred +1 with /NIN, but I lose 300+ acc with a staff so that's like for pre 2013 content only.
Cool find? I'm not a fan of gearing for total trash content personally.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 156 157 158