Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 497 498 499 ... 831 832 833
By silvanesti 2017-07-30 04:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasteland said: »
no

Cheers.
 Asura.Jackii
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sonja
By Asura.Jackii 2017-07-31 21:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is ebisu requestable? I recently made a post on the official forums and had this reply:
Quote:
As for re-obtaining the fishing rod, you may want to speak with some other players or visit the Community Sites for further information on how one could get this item.
To be honest I could find no information that implies it is re-obtainable.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52941-Re-quest-or-return-Ebisu?p=598913
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-07-31 21:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-31 21:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jackii said: »
Is ebisu requestable? I recently made a post on the official forums and had this reply:
Quote:
As for re-obtaining the fishing rod, you may want to speak with some other players or visit the Community Sites for further information on how one could get this item.
To be honest I could find no information that implies it is re-obtainable.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52941-Re-quest-or-return-Ebisu?p=598913

[+]
By Sonja 2017-07-31 21:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: apparently it is re-obtainable. I get to fish up a takitaro.
For anyone from the future coming across this: Yes, Ebisu is re-obtainable.

[+]
By nilfalasiel 2017-08-01 00:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question about A Crystalline Prophecy. I tried to do the fight for Those Who Lurk in Shadows a while back (the one against the Seed Beastmen in Qu'bia Arena), but failed. I'm about 20 levels higher now and want to try again...the problem is that I can't seem to be able to re-obtain the necessary key item.

Basically, I need to collect seed afterglows in Fei'yin, but it won't let me pick them up, and no amount of zoning gives me the cutscene to start the mission again. The Wikis only say that I need to re-obtain the key item, but not how. Does anyone know how far back in the mission line I have to go back to re-trigger this? Because going to the Qufim island ??? (where the previous cutscene took place) does nothing either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
By clearlyamule 2017-08-01 00:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can only do it once per real life day. Also did you check to see if you don't already have mark of seed?
By nilfalasiel 2017-08-01 00:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, the last time I tried it was over a month ago. And no, I don't have a Mark of Seed already. I even tried entering the Qu'bia Arena BC just to make sure, but it won't let me.

EDIT: Figured it out. If you fail the mission, the game gives you back the key items you had to farm for the previous mission, so at least you don't have to farm them again. So basically, you need to go kill the 3 Goblin NMs again, and then do the multi-Mandragora waves fight. Then I assume you should be able to proceed to Fei'yin as expected.

These add-on scenario missions are so annoying ><
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-02 10:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question for melee soloers:

Is Ygnas close enough to Apururu/Yoran-Oran that it'd be feasible to switch unities to Sylvie for tough solos, or do the unity WHMs still blow him away?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-08-02 10:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What is this apkallu? I see him running around xarcabard[s] constantly, he can't be targetted, and I can't find anything on the wikis. Is it a NM? Lore? WHY IS IT THERE?

edit: nvm i'm an idiot, i bet dat swapping erinys is making the amphipteres appear on the ground
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-02 11:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

What is this apkallu? I see him running around xarcabard[s] constantly, he can't be targetted, and I can't find anything on the wikis. Is it a NM? Lore? WHY IS IT THERE?

edit: nvm i'm an idiot, i bet dat swapping erinys is making the amphipteres appear on the ground
Kinda love this post
[+]
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2017-08-03 17:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I just came back after a 4 year break so I am trying to catch up on some of the newer content. I got up to 5 trusts already and the next thing I am thinking of doing is getting Oboro to talk to me so I can upgrade my relic. Of the many ways to get him to talk are any doable by myself with 5 trusts? Thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-03 19:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

With the Gardening Moghancement, can you go 24 hours without checking on your plants and not have them wither?
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-03 19:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Goldenfoon said: »
I just came back after a 4 year break so I am trying to catch up on some of the newer content. I got up to 5 trusts already and the next thing I am thinking of doing is getting Oboro to talk to me so I can upgrade my relic. Of the many ways to get him to talk are any doable by myself with 5 trusts? Thanks!
Pretty sure the best way to do this and fastest is just ask for an ambuscade carry intense VE as lots of ppl will do it just to get the seal bonus then once u get your win you're good. I'm sure there's good ppl on cerb willing to help a person out
By Azurea 2017-08-04 00:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend and I are planning to start fresh on a new server, mainly so I'm not overly tempted to use my current character to make everything even easier. If you had to pick 2 jobs for us to stick to from beginning to endgame, with the aid of trusts, what jobs would you choose? I know that is a pretty broad question because content varies, but in general which would allow us to complete the most content by ourselves?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-04 00:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Azurea said: »
A friend and I are planning to start fresh on a new server, mainly so I'm not overly tempted to use my current character to make everything even easier. If you had to pick 2 jobs for us to stick to from beginning to endgame, with the aid of trusts, what jobs would you choose? I know that is a pretty broad question because content varies, but in general which would allow us to complete the most content by ourselves?

Starter job Blm and whm or Whm and Mnk, Once you get advanced jobs, I suggest Bard and Geo or Bard and Run. Cor is not a bad option either but if you like being in the grips of battle over buff and drop, Geo Bard or whm will almost always be main group jobs.
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2017-08-04 09:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the suggestions Lennart and Vedder!
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-04 11:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Goldenfoon said: »
Thanks for the suggestions Lennart and Vedder!
You're very welcome. And welcome back
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-06 16:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we have any evidence that there might be any MACC related dSTATs for the additional effects of weaponskills?
By Azurea 2017-08-07 17:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was told a while back there was an update that gave gear haste to trusts? Can anyone point me towards information regarding this?
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-08-07 17:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really a lot of info available but here's the update
[+]
By Azurea 2017-08-07 17:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I take it there has been no testing on exact values? Is it noticeable? Starting up soon so it'll be a while until I'm wearing some item level gear to see, but it would be nice to know what to expect.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-08-07 20:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

is there any way to mule/store ToM weapons or escha equip (like kaykaus)? Took a few off my sets. Would like to move them off for inventory room right now but cant since they auged. Dont want to toss em either.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-08 01:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
is there any way to mule/store ToM weapons or escha equip (like kaykaus)? Took a few off my sets. Would like to move them off for inventory room right now but cant since they auged. Dont want to toss em either.

Not ToM weapons...the additional stats gained through trials are read by the game as augments. Escha Zitah/Escha Ru'Ann gear that has NOT been augmented can be sent to toons on the same account. Once augmented, no dice.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-08-08 05:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sonja said: »
pdate: apparently it is re-obtainable. I get to fish up a takitaro.
For anyone from the future coming across this: Yes, Ebisu is re-obtainable.
Thanks for the info I put it on the wiki in 2 spots the nq rod page and the original quest so others might find it if they're run into this problem.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-10 18:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so weird thing. Soloing each a ruan fighting Khon (starts with the gaze terror+doom combo) and some how shan2 and zeid2 white proc him and killed his gaze attack (not shield). This happened 3x (I know kill quicker but curiousity) was either a sc/ws from behind or magic burst (see bliz/aero) on lightning day. Anyone know what the white proc was for sure?
By Squabble 2017-08-12 14:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Fomalhaut's TP Bonus +500 effect my main hand weapon skills? After reading BGWiki, it seems like it should?

Quote:
For newer weapons and armor, like Magian Trials Weapon Skill paths and Moonshade earring, where the description says "TP Bonus +___", the TP Bonus is applied to any Weapon Skill even if it is in the offhand or with a different weapon type (including ranged). This kind of TP Bonus can affect Mythic and Empyrean Weapons, but does not affect Aftermath duration, type, or potency.

Aeonic Weapons do not give any TP Bonus if wielded off-hand.

And if it does, does it mean that the bow from the Tenzen fight also works in the same way? What about main handing the Aeonic GK and using a ranged WS?
First Page 2 3 ... 497 498 499 ... 831 832 833