[Dev] Group 3 Merits & New 2-Hours (brief Info)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [Dev] Group 3 Merits & New 2-Hours (brief info)
[Dev] Group 3 Merits & New 2-Hours (brief info)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2011-11-10 01:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be just me, but I just love the sound of it.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-11-10 01:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Minefield said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
The video's I posted had horrible quality and didn't really show it at all, so I just recorded it myself:

The moon like part is about 3 times the size of any player, then the smoke and dust... well you get the picture.
Might be just me, but I just love the sound of it.
Yea I do as well.

I'm not really that into SAM, but that is a cool looking skillchain that wasn't used that well.

You only have 1 fight to see it in, and you have to fail that fight while living long enough to see it. I wouldn't be surprised if most players didn't even know about it.
 Asura.Zart
Server: Asura
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2011-11-10 16:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Warrior "Mighty Guard"=Increases the users Defense by 75% and Attack by 25%. The duration is 2 minutes.

Thief "Illusion"= the user has all monsters forget about him/her, with super Invisible Sneak effect that allows the user to travel past true sight and sound monsters. The duration is 2 minutes.

Monk "Chain Arts"= The user's monk job abilities have a recast of 0:01, The duration is 30 seconds.

White mage "Divination"= Removes Weakness effect from all party members within range of the effect.

Red Mage "Essence Rune"=the user gains 10 Accuracy, gains an Enspell bonus and the user's party gains a refresh effect of 8 mp every 3 seconds. The duration of the effect is 1 minute 30 seconds.

Black mage "Evocation"= Increases Magic Burst bonus, Magic Attack Bonus and reduces the user's enmity by 10.
The Duration is 1 minute.

Paladin "Temperance"= Doubles the user's Hit points and targeted member gains the effect of cover.
The duration is 2 minutes

Dark Knight "Dark Intent"= Lowers most of the user's enmity, then reduces enmity generation for 1 minute based on HP.
if the users HP greater then 76% = no reduction in enmity
if the users HP is greater then 51% but, less then or equal to 75% = reduces 25% enmity produced.
if the users HP is greater then 26% but, less then or equal to 50% = reduces 35% enmity produced.
if the users HP is less then 25% = reduces 50% enmity produced.

Bard "Fortissimo"= All players in the user's alliance gain the effect of bard songs, sung by the user (even if they are not in the party)
The Duration is 30 seconds.

Beast Master "Primal Instinct"= reduces the amount of damage the user's pet takes by 50% , the duration is 2 minutes.

Ranger "Sneak Shot"= Cripples target defense, evasion and adds a high potency gravity effects. Reduces your Enmity based on total range from that target.
Duration of effect is 2 minutes.

Samurai "Fury Brand"= Grants the user two new weaponskills to his/her list: "Archery"=>Oisoya "Great Katana"=>Amatsu: Tsukikage
for the next 30 seconds. If the user skillchains them together it causes a skillchain "Cosmic Elucidation"
which lowers all resistance and evasion of the monster. In addition it can be magic bursted with any element.

Ninja "Shadow Flux"= Causes a clone of the user to appear. It wields the same weapons as the user and performs weaponskills at random, skillchains can be performed with it. The Clone can not perform Mythic, Relic or Empyrean weaponskills.
duration of the clone is 1 minute 30 seconds.

Dragoon "Dragon Heart"= the user's Wvyern grows and becomes a larger Wyvern
Uses new Wvyern TP moves, this includes:
Dispelling Wind: AoE Dispel.
Dread Shriek: Very potent AoE Paralysis.
Blizzard Breath: Ice-based Breath Attack
Thunder Breath: Lightning-based Breath Attack
Chaos Breath: Dark-based Breath Attack

The Wvyern loses all previous TP abilities it had,
Duration is until the wvyern dies.
Sets your Call Wyvern job ability to a 30 minutes recast.

Summoner "Astral Flux"= Causes the user to gain a weakness effect. The user may choose to summon Bahamut with this effect or to summon one of the 9 celestial avatars.
If the user summons Bahamut he uses either Mega Flare or Giga Flare deal substiancial damage, and then leaves .
If the user summons a Celestial Avatar, they will be treated as if they have max favor bonus without any avatar penalties, This effect remains active for as long as that avatar remains summoned.

Blue Mage "Immortal Rune"= Transforms the user into a Soul Flayer. Grants 10mp refresh, 10 magic accuracy, 10 accuracy and access to all blue magic spells.
Duration 2 minutes. When the effect is over the user will be rendered unconscious.

Corsair "Trick Die"= Rolls will continuously double up and roll to the same number, that the user just rolled on Trick Die.
The Duration is 2 minutes.

Puppet master "Flexibility"= allows the puppet to evade all attacks (physical and magical). The Duration is 1 Minute.

Dancer "Finishing Touch"= Flourishes do not require finishing move charges, if used they would be treated as if you had the maximum amount of finishing move charges that flourish would allow. The Duration is 30 seconds.
Adjustments to flourishes while under the effect of Finishing Touch include:
(Desperate Flourish and Violent Flourish) improved stun and gravity rate, reduced to 5 second recast.
(Wild Flourish) reduced to 10 second recast
(Reverse Flourish) reduced to 15 second recast
(Climactic Flourish) reduced to 5 second recast

Scholar "Tactical Plan"= All party members within the area of effect enmity level is reduced to zero, except for the member targeted with this ability.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-11-10 16:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

man Drk just need the ability to create the shadow dopplegangers like zeid. nuff said
[+]
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2011-11-10 17:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

meh you know that Dark needs something to balance it hate out in sitations and it really doesnt have a tool like that.

you just jealous that im saying job X and Y get shiny shiny, and DRK kinda gets meh, I think theres a way to balance things and make them good for everyone but not necessarily "shiny".
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-11-10 17:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK shares the same PDT/MDT with WAR/PLD Hmmm D:
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2011-11-10 19:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

meh DRKs current 2 hour is already good for tanking, shouldnt their other 2 hour be good for DDing?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-12-20 00:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

12/15 HP merits ?
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-12-20 09:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf 2hr:
#1: Perfect Dodge: (we all know this one)
#2: PerfectER Dodge: Dodges all ranged attacks, but not melee.

Now we can choose the proper ability "for the situation"!
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-12-20 09:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
Thf 2hr:
#1: Perfect Dodge: (we all know this one)
#2: PerfectER Dodge: Dodges all ranged attacks, but not melee.

Now we can choose the proper ability "for the situation"!
I would say way to ruin the fun for everyone but i think we all knew something like this could be coming...

Don't forget the PLD magic form of invincibility!
 Asura.Silverware
By Asura.Silverware 2011-12-20 10:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk 2hr - Ascension i.e. Super Saiyan - Doubles all stats including HP for 1 min and has the Monk job emote aura :D

Thief 2hr - Confession - Removes all enmity from all party members and places it on the Thief.

Also in terms of Category 3 Merits.. WHM should be able to learn Reflect (maybe better for RDM?) or a spell that cures weakness/a Raise that doesn't give weakness and maybe one more spell. And the category is limited like other magic categories. Black Mage could learn Doom or Ultima or Aspir III or something.

More powerful/useful spells with high recast/mp cost please.
 Phoenix.Lucasta
Server: Phoenix
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2011-12-20 10:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

only way i see an arise-type spell happening is if it has like at least a 5 min recast timer (same as normal weakness status) or longer. im guessing more like 10 min recast.
 Phoenix.Dragonfate
user: robersua
By Phoenix.Dragonfate 2011-12-20 11:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoner "Astral Flux"= Causes the user to gain a weakness effect. The user may choose to summon Bahamut. yay ^^ but how do we get him???

Dragoon "Dragon Heart"= the user's Wvyern grows and becomes a larger Wyvern Hell ya what i have been waiting for^^. once iit comes out then i'll be a DRG full time but in tell then its SMN or DNC

Uses new Wvyern TP moves, this includes:
Dispelling Wind: AoE Dispel.
Dread Shriek: Very potent AoE Paralysis.
Blizzard Breath: Ice-based Breath Attack
Thunder Breath: Lightning-based Breath Attack
Chaos Breath: Dark-based Breath Attack
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-20 11:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zart said: »
meh you know that Dark needs something to balance it hate out in sitations and it really doesnt have a tool like that.

you just jealous that im saying job X and Y get shiny shiny, and DRK kinda gets meh, I think theres a way to balance things and make them good for everyone but not necessarily "shiny".

forgot about this thread. anyways im not jealous i just think that drk doesn't need enmity-. they already trail behind other DD. and plus that sounds more like an ability, like muted souls. not a 2hour. but knowing SE it will probably do something with magic >.>
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-12-20 12:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Knight "Dark Intent"= Lowers most of the user's enmity, then reduces enmity generation for 1 minute based on HP.
if the users HP is greater then 51% but, less then or equal to 75% = reduces 25% enmity produced.
if the users HP is greater then 26% but, less then or equal to 50% = reduces 35% enmity produced.

You must be the person giving horrible ideas about DRK to the dev team.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-20 12:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Eww.
 Bahamut.Thetone
Server: Bahamut
user: TheTone
By Bahamut.Thetone 2011-12-20 12:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Knight should get a 2hr that is chainspell and manafont combined so they can use their awesome magic skills granted by the FFXI Gods! I don't know why SE gave DRK access to Scythe and GS as it was clearly meant to be a Nuking job and should be using HQ staves.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Neveah
Server: Pandemonium
user: Neveah
By Pandemonium.Neveah 2011-12-25 19:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, i don't ever remember posting before but i gotta say, I really love Asura.Zart's thf 2 hour idea. Perfect Sneak and Invis for 2 minutes! thank you! Exactly what I want to use my 2 hour timer for /facepalm/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [211 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-07-23 12:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

well at least with Neveah I got some decent criticism where as everyone else just gives me silent criticism which really doesn't help me make adjustments.
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-07-23 12:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »

on the contrary if you were a dark knight and you could have your enmity reduced to where even after you capped your enmity you could not reach the same hate level as a paladin tank. which would mean you could zerg without getting hate, would you want to use it?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-07-23 12:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

well at least with Neveah I got some decent criticism where as everyone else just gives me silent criticism which really doesn't help me make adjustments.

It took you 211 days to read criticism about a dumb idea for a THF 2hr?

Instead of saying "how about a 2hour ability that triple attacks all attacks for the next minute," to which some people might say is broken but could possibly build off that idea, you picked... Sneak. And Invisible. For two minutes.

Silent Oil and Prism Powder would like to have a word with you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-07-23 13:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

on the contrary if you were a dark knight and you could have your enmity reduced to where even after you capped your enmity you could not reach the same hate level as a paladin tank. which would mean you could zerg without getting hate, would you want to use it?

Just thought the bolded part was hilarious since you're talking to Urteil.

Also, no. Since 2 hours share timers why wouldn't you just use Blood Weapon with or without Souleater and just have a WHM cure you when necessary lol?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-07-23 13:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Reduces #% enmity -produced-. Does nothing about the enmity you already generated to rip hate off the PLD in the first place.
By volkom 2012-07-23 13:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

drks should tri-wield like an arcana
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-07-23 13:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

Reduces #% enmity -produced-. Does nothing about the enmity you already generated to rip hate off the PLD in the first place.
Don't forget basing a jobs 2hr on pld hate in a zerg
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-07-23 13:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Also, no. Since 2 hours share timers why wouldn't you just use Blood Weapon with or without Souleater and just have a WHM cure you when necessary lol?

I think a fair trade off for Blood Weapon would be something that cancels your ability to cast spells while increasing attack power/speed while in effect.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-07-23 13:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw this thread and thought there was an update....instead....(-_-)
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-23 13:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Bahamut.Bojack said: »

I think a fair trade off for Blood Weapon would be something that cancels your ability to cast spells while increasing attack power/speed while in effect.

WARs have MS, maybe DRKs could have a 2hr based on some kind of boost effect. That would be awesome lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2012-07-23 13:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue Mage "Immortal Rune"= Transforms the user into a Soul Flayer. Grants 10mp refresh, 10 magic accuracy, 10 accuracy and access to all blue magic spells.
Duration 2 minutes. When the effect is over the user will be rendered unconscious.

This would be so epic. Please do this.

Edit: As long as its unlimited unbridled learning for the 2min duration. And maybe take away the death afterwards, just a weakened state for 2min after.
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2012-07-23 13:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this on the Official forums in 2-hour guessing topic.

Quote:
How about a 2 hour version of Unbridled Learning for BLU? Say maybe 3-5 spells available, all from endgame bosses. They'd have to be good so, first ones I can think of are Mighty Guard from Shinryu, Diffractive Break from Provenance Watcher, Beleaguerment from Shah. Maybe Laser Shower or Target Analysis from Omega/Arch-Omega or Citadel Buster from Ultima/Arch-Ultima.

I thought of another spell that might fit, Grace of Hera from Alicorn.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7