Best BST Atmas
First Page 2
 Ifrit.Tulnig
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2011-02-09 07:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello fellow Beastmasters! I can’t seem to find anything about Atmas that specifily pertain to Beastmasters, so I’d like to start one here.

The ATMAs I seem to favor are Atma of the Razed Ruins, Atma of the Voracious Violet, Atma of Cloak and Dagger, Atma of the Mounted Champion, Atma of the Impregnable Tower, and Atma of the Ducal Guard.

Are there any others you’d recommend? Do you disagree with any of the above that I use? Each ATMA is situational, but have you found yourself using any that I have not listed that you found useful?
 Leviathan.Washiewash
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Washiewash 2011-02-09 07:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i like atma of ducal guard + atma of zenith + atma of tremors, hat's a pretty bad *** combination
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-02-09 09:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just killing: VV + RR + GH
Solo'n NMs: DG + GH + RR

Since I always carry a ton of Zeta I rarely use regen atmas

These combos used mostly with DipperYuly
[+]
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-02-09 10:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently for solo I use a mixture of: MC + RR + Apoc (Eva not needed), MC + RR + C&D (Eva needed).
DD (meleeing) RR + Apoc + MC, mainly just to cut down on costs/support requirement, pure DD would be VV + RR + Apoc or RR + Apoc + Alpha and Omega.
DD (Primal rend spam, see situations like Bukhis) Beyond + Sea Daughter + Ultimate
DD (Primal full damage, brew only) Beyond + Ultimate + Baying moon.
Beyond and Holy Mountain do not stack, Beyond takes priority (tested myself).

I don't have Ducal Guard currently, so.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-02-09 10:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ducal Guard isn't a necessity for bst tanking, assuming you know how to use reward and have good evasion. DG works best for me on SMN with Titan tanking tbh. It's easy to get if you have fame 3, just bring a healer to be safe since Teekesselchen can sometimes be a pain to solo.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-02-09 10:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Spammed Teek before for my BLM hands so I know him well, it's just getting fame when I don't have much free time D:
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-02-09 11:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Saku, I turned in about 20 wyvern wings and did around 10-15 egg quests (the ??? that gives most cruor gives most fame)

Shitty part is you gotta zone after turning in wings
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-02-09 11:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm, alrighty, cheers D:
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2011-02-09 11:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Gnarled Horn + Cloak and Dagger + Sand Emperor

Can solo some pretty difficult NM's with these.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-02-09 11:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Ducal Guard isn't a necessity for bst tanking, assuming you know how to use reward and have good evasion. DG works best for me on SMN with Titan tanking tbh. It's easy to get if you have fame 3, just bring a healer to be safe since Teekesselchen can sometimes be a pain to solo.

What's the easiest quest to get fame 3, do you know?
 Ifrit.Kishar
user: Kishar
By Ifrit.Kishar 2011-02-09 11:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting lucky is probably the easiest one, takes ~30 runs. Just make sure to bring enough of each food - I got asked for something like 14 pies, 7 chocolate, and only 2 bread (I did some other quests too to get fame up).

The Egg enthusiast also isn't too bad if you have some movement+.
 Ifrit.Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2011-02-09 12:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kishar said:
Getting lucky is probably the easiest one, takes ~30 runs. Just make sure to bring enough of each food - I got asked for something like 14 pies, 7 chocolate, and only 2 bread (I did some other quests too to get fame up). The Egg enthusiast also isn't too bad if you have some movement+.

It took me exactly 20 runs of doing Getting Lucky to get upto Fame Level 3 in this zone. I had not started/completed any other quests in this zone prior to doing the quest Getting Lucky.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-02-09 13:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

What's the easiest quest to get fame 3, do you know?

Well the wyvern wings are easy drops, so that quest and the egg one worked for me. Turned in about 20 wings and 10-15 egg quests
 Ifrit.Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2011-02-10 09:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:

I would have to agree with Zoltar on this with regards to 98% of the NMs I've solo'd. Exceptions would include mobs such as Bugul Noz. However it should be noted that using the Ducal Guard atma will save you gilz from a reduction in the number of Zetas needed on easier NMs in many cases.
By Thashhh 2011-02-11 13:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i love ducal guard
By Miera 2011-02-18 19:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to use Ducal Gaurd but I'd love to test it, I heard it was nerfed though. Anyway when using DipperYuly I use Cloak and Dagger Vicissitude and and Mounted Champion. I was told to go on a Evasion/Regen atma

Now that I have Atma of the Sand Emperor I can use that and Cloak and Dagger and maybe a Attack atma and not worry about Regens..
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-18 19:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

naw ducal guard still works.. i usually go heavens / zenith / DG for 100% pdt jug when i decide to go that way.

What i really want to test is 100 MDB.. still working on my MDB axes.. freaking birds in water weather is horrible >_<

Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-02-18 20:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ducal Guard wasn't nerfed it was fixed so it procs when your pet is actually at half health.

Run Ducal Guard with Tremors, Zenith or Earth Wyrm. All three are Damage taken -10%. End result with Moogle hat and 2x PDT axes is, depending on if you have Selemnus Belt and/or Shepard's Chain, you have a pet that takes no physical damage and 80-85% off magic damage.
Also MDB and MDT are different things. MDB will reduce the damage of the spell before MDT takes effect so you can't actually get magic damage taken -100% as far as I know.
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-18 22:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought MDB just did some sort of ratio magic deal to calculate damage.

which is why when a blm is double weakened they have -100 MAB and deal 0 damage from elemental spells no mater what.

something like MAB / MDB somewhere along the line of magic damage formula

Idk i haven't done extensive testing just rumor and heresay ive heard.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-18 22:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

kk.. is it true that magic damage gets a check somewhere along the line of MAB / MDB or something along those lines

if you stack enough MDB would damage become fairly minimal?

edit i checked wiki and 100 MDB would be about 50% magic damage taken

magic damage gets a modifier of MAB / MDB where

MAB starts as 1.0

and MDB starts as 1.0

any gear adds a decimal to that number

like moldavite earring with 5 MAB would add .05 to the MAB number

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-02-19 00:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Joshiahfk basically has it right it calculates one of them does any rounding then calculates the other one. So if you have -50% Magic Damage Taken and enough Magic Defense Bonus to halve damage(Dependent on their MAB) you'd only end up taking about 25% magic damage instead of none at all.
Kind of like how the game fully calculates damage taken before applying Phalanx(how it can reduce damage to 0). Lets be honest though, Magic Damage taken -85% is nothing to scoff at. A 3000 damage attack will do 450 damage and you can easily pop up to 2k cures if you really need to.
 Bismarck.Alkalinescissor
Server: Bismarck
user: alkyalky
By Bismarck.Alkalinescissor 2011-02-19 12:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

For just farming regular monsters I've been using Razed Ruin, Mounted Champion, and Omnipotent. Omnipotent lets me swap out some self haste pieces and wear anwig and without losing capped gear haste.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-02-20 05:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Gnarled horn with a Mandy jug =
pure sex.

RR and either Ducal, MC, or vicisstude depending on what you re fighting.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Titan.Agetos
By Titan.Agetos 2011-03-28 03:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

27 Egg quests will give you Fame 3 in Abyssea - Grauberg, i recomend buying 12 each of the goblin stuff, chocolate, pie, and bread. then just run the quest until you hate life. but it will get you the fame needed. 9 egg quests each starting from bottom fame
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-03-28 03:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ducal + zenith + RR for most things. Zenith because its a higher DT than the other 2 giving u a slight edge on the magical dmg side. I have tested this adequately and know it is true.

For highly magical NMs like empousa u need to drop the Razed ruin and go with

Ducal + zenith + blinding horn

This set up makes ur pet pretty much immortal without the bother of the slip dmg from winged gloom.
And can be done with most any pet wich is good on ur pocket book.

im also looking into the possibility of cobra commander replacing Razed ruin. Its possible that because cobra commanders haste bonus only activates below 50% hp that it might be stronger than other haste superiors. I still need to
#1 figure out how to get it
#2 test the haste value and Double atk major value
Before i can do the math and tests to find out wether or not it will come out above RR.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-04-04 15:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
ducal + zenith + RR for most things. Zenith because its a higher DT than the other 2 giving u a slight edge on the magical dmg side. I have tested this adequately and know it is true.

How so? as a BST I have:

2 Axes 10% PDT, +2 AF3 trousers, MKD Hat, use Ducal Guard and Zenith, and still I take damage.

Which implies it is in fact 10%, as my Damage down effect is, using the wiki guide: 97% and I still take 3-5 DMG. If Zenith was more I would take no damage at all, surely?
 Bahamut.Alukat
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-04-04 16:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

for trials i use VV + RR + atma of the impregnable (15hp/tick regen)
planned to do pdt- axes*2 and mdb+ axes*2 (on spellcasting mobs) too.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-04-04 16:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alukat said:
for trials i use VV + RR + atma of the impregnable (15hp/tick regen)
planned to do pdt- axes*2 and mdb+ axes*2 (on spellcasting mobs) too.
Was going to do those four two, then I realised they had the same name and I wouldn't be able to macro them.
First Page 2