Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Black Screen after clicking "Play"
Black Screen after clicking "Play"
By Aalkiryst 2010-10-23 21:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else have this issue? After I enter my PW and such, and then click on "Play" after the Square Enix pops up on the screen, it goes black and nothing happens. I have to exit out and retry, sometimes I have to do this 10 times before the game menu will finally load.

Any ideas what it could be? Is it a problem on my end, or with their client?

Thanks! :D
 Shiva.Marty
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Marty 2010-10-23 22:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have that problem too. I've tried updating drivers and all that crap I honestly have no clue what to do next. ><

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Albasheq
Server: Ragnarok
user: Albasheq
By Ragnarok.Albasheq 2010-10-24 00:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

one of the game issues , no clue yet what cause it or how to fix it just close the game and try again, at it worst you'll have this 6times in a row then after that you can play "at least that is my records"
By Zenshiro14 2010-10-24 13:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You may think this is dumb but i been hearing this works soon you see the square einix thing pop up click the top of the square einix sign it should load up if you do it right this is what ppl are doing to make it load ppl try not doing it and black screen of death o.o i found this really dumb but it work for some try it out :)
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-25 06:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i have the same problem. always have to retry 2-4 times :<
 Ragnarok.Albasheq
Server: Ragnarok
user: Albasheq
By Ragnarok.Albasheq 2010-10-25 07:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

it's a client issue for sure but wasn't address since they have alot on their plate right now XD maybe it will be ninja fixed later on but so far just <Try again> would do the trick for ya
By Aalkiryst 2010-10-25 14:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Zenshiro14 said:
You may think this is dumb but i been hearing this works soon you see the square einix thing pop up click the top of the square einix sign it should load up if you do it right this is what ppl are doing to make it load ppl try not doing it and black screen of death o.o i found this really dumb but it work for some try it out :)

Actually this has worked for me sometimes as well, which is why I'm like wtf is the problem. Sometimes clicking the screen after the logo pops up will make the FFXIV Menu load, sometimes it will goto a black screen. Basically just have to exit and keep trying until it gets fixed.
By Zenshiro14 2010-10-26 11:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Aalkiryst said:
Zenshiro14 said:

Actually this has worked for me sometimes as well, which is why I'm like wtf is the problem. Sometimes clicking the screen after the logo pops up will make the FFXIV Menu load, sometimes it will goto a black screen. Basically just have to exit and keep trying until it gets fixed.

what is your system set up? because i don't know why it happening too you guys and not others.
By Aalkiryst 2010-10-26 17:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 DDR3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W
SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
XIGMATEK Intel Core i7 compatible Dark Knight-S1283V